Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Don't think I've ever had this many orders...

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 19:02:48 )

... at one time before! For my art, that is. ;A;
I keep getting excited about it like when I first opened my RLC again in march due to financial problems, I honestly didn't expect the support that I got, considering my small following. But even while I was out of work for 3 weeks, I was still able to meet all my bills. Its not anything to live off of, my bills aren't huge atm, but damn if that wasn't a huge relief. It really made a difference for me and I couldnt be more grateful <3

This isn't meant to be a brag post, just that, I'm so happy when it comes to this. People can be truly wonderful. Beyond just ordering from me, they've all been extremely sweet and wholesome to talk with. They remind me what I really love about drawing.
And every time I look at something and am like "crap I'm running low/can't afford this" one of my clients keeps coming back, or bringing me other people to order from me. Or other randoms find me and orders and I'm just sdkfhdgh
This time I have already got my essentials worked out, my job hours pick up next week, so now I can afford to support the other artists in my life who need it. Especially my hair stylist! Ive been wanting to pitch in for her donations for a couple weeks now. ;v;

Anyway, what's good with you? <3

Donator — pancake Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 21:07:40 )
That's so amazing!
I'm hoping to be able to do something similar once I've built up my inventory of crocheted goods.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 21:29:15 )

Congrats!!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 21:49:12 )

@blinkini:
What do you crochet?
I've always wanted to learn how to do that, but each time I try I just end up twisting the yarn around and ending up still with a single loop :vanora_xd:

Donator — pancake Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 22:26:10 )
@Jolly: Right now I'm working on oven mitts shaped like bear paws.
I want to get a few things going.
I also make little octopuses and pouches based off of fruits/veggies.
I'd also like to make something Animal Crossing themed, like a bell pouch.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 22:38:55 )

@blinkini:
That's such a cute idea! I think people would love the paw mitts.
Animal crossing would also be a good train to jump on right now, with everyone being obsessed with it at the moment. Im so tempted to pour some of my earnings into AC themed things that I seriously dont need xD

Donator — pancake Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 23:03:13 )
@Jolly: For real. They are the cutest. I need to hurry up and finish the ones I'm working on so I can take pictures.
Dude, same. I'm in a couple of Facebook groups where people keep posting all their cute arts and stickers and earrings and I just want it all. D;

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 23:11:29 )

@blinkini:
Right? My college is preparing to send relief funds to students and its far too tempting to use it for nonsense like animal crossing merch ;v;'''
Gonna have to hide that money from myself until I get over the fandom fever lmao Food is more important!

Donator — pancake Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 23:19:51 )
@Jolly: Oh shit, I wish you all of the luck.
That's definitely going to be a struggle.
I'm currently reading reviews for something I've been wanting for a long time, on Amazon, trying to convince myself that I don't need it.
:vanora_sweat:
All dat sweet, sweet stimulus money is burning a hole in my pocket, when I know I should be paying my bills.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 23:47:26 )

@blinkini:
Oh what is the item you're eyeballing?
I wasn't really tempted by the stimulus check. That went straight into my savings for moving after bf and I graduate next year XD Or otherwise emergency if I need it between now and then.
But even if I didn't have goals, any time I get a bigger chunk of money, like tax refunds I'll never spend it. But toss me $100 and I want to spend it immediately lmao

Donator — pancake Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 23:52:40 )
@Jolly: It's an adult item... >->;;;;
Man, I wish I were like that. Any money and my brain is just like Oh, spend??
But I'm usually so eh and indecisive that I don't get anything because Idk what to get.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/17 06:45:31 )

@blinkini:
Haha gotcha xd
My mother raised me really strictly when it came to most things, but especially money. If I had my own 50c for the mall candy machine, she'd still say "no put it in your piggy bank" for years

Sad 6-year-old Jolly with no candy bananas

But yeah, that's why I suck at actually spending money much of the time lmao
Unless I get so depressed that I forget that I care about saving

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.