Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Week 1 of new classes--already beyond stressed ;;

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 05:58:01 )

I never felt more lost in this school than I do now ;A;
Doing this all from home especially is killing me. I just keep pulling my hair and rereading everything I'm given, but I can't grip any of it.
Idk if its my adhd or just that learning from home is this much harder for everyone.

Have you been or are you currently in this spot? How do I do this?

Doesn't help that I have a test from day 1 of class. I very much did read the chapter its about but.. I couldn't tell you a single thing about it. Well, not beyond saying it rattles on about hormones and chakras, but the test so far is not relevant to those parts.

Yesterday's class, also a day 1 for it, I had to essentially re-explain the process of muscle contraction on a molecular level. I spent like 3 hours reading stuff and watching videos on it. I was able to sleep on it and then try again in the morning. I was supposed to doodle something or make flash cards as a means to explain each step.
I can only grip like, 3 steps, but he was estimating about 15 steps. Or something like that. I can't understand it enough so I drew him a brain with an exploding mushroom cloud. :vanora_cry: Too much for day 1, too much for at-home learning.

Tomorrow I start my third class, let's hope it wont be any worse...
but its neurology so it probably will be. I already know that subject is my weakness so far.

/ventventwhinevent

/continues venting on next page sdfgfg

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 06:00:26 )

A lot of times I have to reread stuff too. Try reading it aloud and see if that helps?

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 06:04:00 )

@totalanimefan:
it doesn't. I've always had this trouble with learning from home or without the association with a classroom setting.
I'm not particularly an audible learner, but I have to be in that kind of environment to be able to really focus. Even then I sometimes need some caffeine to help me from not getting too distracted. My concentration is so hard to hold onto

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 06:05:56 )

@Jolly: :( I wish I could help. I know nothing about the subject. Does the teacher have any advice?

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 06:09:34 )

@totalanimefan:
I'll probably ask my monday instructor for advice, she's a really creative lady.
The only thing I could think of is repeating the classes, since they all have morning class lectures and I'm in the evening class. I could just not sleep for some repetition hahahahjgfsdfgds

Fun fact, elementary teachers always tried kicking me out of their classes saying I need to be in special ed, cause my adhd would get so bad back then.
I have better control over it now in MOST cases, but not academics :vanora_sweat:

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 06:21:13 )

@Jolly: yeah it’s hard :( I’m sure your teacher will come up with something though

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 06:26:08 )

@totalanimefan:
Yeah, I've had her for 3 classes last year, she's really good when it comes to learning styles. She's not so good with computers and online class stuff, so she also seems to be struggling a bit. This week she was saying "trust me if we were in the class room, I'd be making you all act this out. You think its impossible to act out an endocrine system? WELL JUST YOU SEE" lol she's a former actress.

I at least have that awkwardness to look forward to IF the school opens back up in May
I always suck at her roleplay games, but they work

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 06:56:14 )

I keep forgetting that may is only like 2 weeks away. It’s so weird. Maybe you can go back at the end of may.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 07:00:16 )

@totalanimefan:
Well the school is currently planning for May 1st, but we'll see what the government allows by then.
I hope so, so I can only suffer online classes for a couple weeks and then pick myself back up when I'm on campus again.
But I wont place my hopes on that just yet :vanora_sweat: viruses are tricky!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 07:03:51 )

@Jolly: which state are you in again?
I think that this week states are going to extend at least until the middle of may. Maybe end of may depending on which state you are

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 07:06:49 )

@totalanimefan:
Colorado
if there's been an extension, I haven't heard about it yet o:
I wouldn't doubt that possibility though, we're getting a lot of cases here. Particularly in my area too, it seems

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 07:08:05 )

@Jolly: I saw that PA, VA, DC and CA have later dates. cO didn’t announce anything. I met like they might. ^^;

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 07:10:38 )

@totalanimefan:
Yeah, the last one I heard was saturday they extended it to april 27th or something (I already thought it was pushed to the 30th here)
Hoooooooo boy I'm gonna have fun with this one. Probably the worst subjects of this course for me to be doing online haha
microscopic concepts baffle me xD

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 07:32:01 )

@Jolly: if only I knew what what was and could teach you lol good luck

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 07:43:46 )

@totalanimefan:
Hahaha thanks! I showed my bf one of the subjects that were baffling me last night, and I swear to god I could hear his brain sounding like this

:vanora_xd:

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 07:50:02 )

@Jolly: I lol’ed hard. Lolol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 07:59:59 )

@totalanimefan:
Hahaha good, good :vanora_xd:

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 11:19:44 )

》::: ✿・`.*
I tried online schooling and it was N O T for me
I need physical lectures for things that im not genuinely interested in. My brain wont compute a wall of boring text ;n;. I feel terrible for all students rn, I hope teachers are leanient
*.`・✿ ::: 《

Please ping me!

Voltie — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 13:23:45 )
yeah online classes suck, at least for me
it works for some people, but i dont like them generally speaking

the teachers send so many words it's like reading a novel of its own just to get through the syllabi and first week instructions

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/17 04:42:39 )

Today's class ended up so much worse :vanora_cry:
Half of the class was just intro, then we're given like an hour and 20 minutes to watch two videos (one is 30 minutes long, the other 5 minutes), read a long ass article AND read an also long ass case study. I'm a slow reader :vanora_cry: One of the videos sounds like its audio was recorded through a melon and I'm somehow supposed to write a page-long summary of it. It's only a 5 minute video instructing a pin-and-stretch of the hamstrings--wtf do I say in so much length :vanora_cry: When I brought this up the instructor is just like, "yeah welp, I couldn't hear it either but couldn't find anything better"
dfjghbkfsdgh

3 page-long summaries, 1 quiz (but this one is due in 9 weeks so its whatever), read chapters in 2 text books and that article and case study cause I haven't finished those, write papers on my 1-year goals and separately, my 5-year goals and organize a folder. Then draw on the back of the folder how I see myself. Oh yeah and also one of the online 10-question quiz things.
All this on day 1 and I want to cry cause I also have RLC orders to complete

Too much at once just shuts me down. I always finish, but I don't absorb any of it, even if I was doing it in the classroom. There's just TOO much.

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.