Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat What else do you guys do on your PC for fun?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/13 23:39:04 )
Or just when you're browsing the internet. Is there any other sites that you hang out besides Voltra?

Long story short is I got this new laptop for my new work. At the time, things weren't very clear because of COVID - we were all basically forced to work from home (understandable!) They also assigned me to a different project than the original one I applied for because the position I had originally applied for requires to work in the office. They weren't sure if that project was even doable from home because of reasons. They have me work on something more basic, and did not give me any equipment to work.

I decided to buy a new laptop to use for work.

Fast forward to a couple weeks later, they put me back to the original position I had applied for and they sent me my work equipment so I have a full-fledged desktop setup now (weee!)

I guess, long story short: I don't really have a use for the new laptop and I just want to use it for something at this point. lol Right now I'm mainly using it to browse around Voltra and other sites, but that's basically it. My fiance suggested that I should just return this laptop, which I could - but I REALLLY love this laptop! I would have bought a new laptop anyways if my old one broke, I just didn't have a solid reason of buying it until that work situation (because my old laptop is still a tank and it's still working!)

Sorry for the long post. I know it sounds kinda pointless lol

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/13 23:42:55 )

@kwisshiie: Congrats on the new machine. I like go to on Reddit as well as Voltra. XD
But for real, you could try playing some computer games on there? Do you like playing video games? (also I don't know how powerful your laptop is, you probably won't be able to play everything)

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/13 23:45:14 )
@Totalanimefan: Thank you!
I have been playing Tales of Wind for PC on it as well! Tried browsing some games on Steam but couldn't really find anything I like...
Besides Voltra, I'm also on Gaia. c:

Donator — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/13 23:51:23 )
@kwisshiie:
god i wish that were me. i play games all the time but my pc can't handle it very well, so im limited to what i can play.

i do art also on my laptop. perhaps you can do some kinda digital creative/crafty thing to pass the time as well?
there are a lot of good and free music programs with fiddle around with too. or, i know my friend also brought up a discord server that's dedicated to learning the Japanese language. you could do something like that!

i should bug her about that server again, i've been thinking about it today.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 00:10:06 )

@kwisshiie: I'm on Gaia sometimes, but lately it's been full of spam for me. I will be on Gaia and then a spammy pop up shows up. So I'm over it. I have a ton of memories there though.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 00:19:43 )
@Bou: you should get it! my laptop isn't for gaming either though, so I don't think it would be able to play every game out there either! The game I'm playing isn't too demanding so that's why haha :D

I'm not an artist, sadly. :c that's really cool that you have such a wonderful talent :)

And good luck with bugging your friend for the discord server! lol

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 00:21:31 )
@Totalanimefan: yeah Gaia will always have a special place in me too! <3

Donator — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 00:25:07 )
@kwisshiie:
ha ha, i would need money for that and i have none.

but yeah, i am considering the server but i dont have the ability to commit to stuff like that, even if i really want to learn. xD

Donator — He/Him. Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 00:43:28 )

"These make me very happy..."

I mainly go on here and Subeta. I also binge watch stuff on Netflix and role play on Discord.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 01:03:36 )
♪ (/・。・)/ Sweet dreams.

@kwisshiie: I tend to use my laptop to log in on Voltra most times. Also using it for drawing as a way to kill time and well as playing Sims 4 even though my laptop is not intended for gaming, despite being able to run low-spec games.

Voltie — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 03:18:12 )
https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

if you find a game youre interested in playing, but not sure if your PC can run it, try this website Can You Run It (link above^)
it's not 100% (nothing in this world ever is) but i have found it really helpful. it downloads a really small program that reads your computer's specifications and then it becomes fully usable on the website

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 03:43:24 )

i bought this laptop primarily for drawing (surface pro) so i do that a lot haha

internet-wise, i live on twitter, i also have been poking around on pixiv a ton lately for cute art and comics

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 13:56:55 )
I play Sims 4 and Skyrim a lot on my PC. As well as scanning in old pictures of family and restoring them. I research Genalogoy a lot, and I play a game through gtarcade called game of thrones: winter's coming. But I lately I've been kinda ignoring the PC for a diamond art project I'm working on.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 16:11:17 )

I have a laptop that I use for when I go on vacation. To edit the photo's I took. Play some games. Go on voltra. Use for streaming.

My desktop is a full design and gaming computer. It is the thing I daily use.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.