Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat People are so aggravating lol

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 00:47:49 )

Our state has instituted a burn ban and the people across the street have set their fields on fire. XD

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 01:18:23 )

Ugh people why are you doing this!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 02:13:26 )

I guess they are bored as heck since they can’t do much, but you still need to stay within the law people!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 02:33:45 )

Who lights stuff on fire for fun?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 02:43:01 )

You’d be surprised. So in the country/south we have bonfires as social gatherings where we create a big fire and sit around it and drink and eat, but these people probably were just bored.

I know there are sugar cane fields that get burned after their harvest the cane to prep the field for planting but from what I can tell they just started burning lol. So I dunno it died down so it wasn’t damaging to any neighboring property

Donator — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 03:45:29 )
@Totalanimefan: I would say maniacs, but I also got in legal trouble as teen for arson so what do i know lol

Non binary | Pansexual | Taken
02/06/20

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 03:47:22 )
I often have small bonfire for fun. But yeah... in a designated fire pit, and it's very small.
I use it mostly to burn up sticks from my yard and roast marshmallows. XD;;

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 04:59:56 )

yeah bonfires are cool, but they legit just burned their field. xD I could not believe my eyes, the audacity!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 07:37:30 )

@Kingslowpoke: yeah I was thinking that too.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 08:09:44 )
Yikes, burning stuff in the middle of a burn ban is super irresponsible. Glad the fire died out

Voltie — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 10:59:12 )
if the government tells people to specifically not do something, they will do it! lol
im not shocked.

i think it speaks to something much larger about the human psyche, governmental distrust lately, socioeconomics in America, etc. an entire anthropological study could be conducted on research material like this. it's fascinating, really. i am more curious to hear the voices of those who do these things instead of condemning them for their actions. it's all too easy to sit in a chair at a distance and say "thats wrong" - we're so guilty of this with so many aspects in life. the stories behind these things are oftentimes way more fulfilling than the quick shutdowns people do

Donator — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 11:36:51 )
me: surprised that someone would do this
"in the country/south"
oh nevermind 😂 I'm from Tennessee/mississippi so it all makes sense now. I'm glad it died down though!!
im basically a senior citizen in his 20's just trying to look cool

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 23:23:27 )

@Faenoire: yeah southerners are off the chain more often than not. We are also supposed to be social distancing and I know there was a small party that was probably around 10 people yesterday.

While it’s only 10 people, they should have stayed home.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 23:24:56 )

@boyrrito: you do present an interesting take on this. I’ll have to think about this more while the pandemic is here! Thank you for the insight!

bloop

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.