Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Favorite PS2 games?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 03:35:42 )

i've been feeling super nostalgic lately so i downloaded a ps2 emu, and am currently trying to decide the priority order of the roms i'm downloading lol
so in no particular order my favs are:
-.hack//IMOQ
-all the fatal frames lol
-pretty much all the smt games
-rule of rose
-star ocean
although some of my old favs have been remastered and rereleased on steam hehe (okami, final fantasy games, soul reaver, etc)

do you remember your favorites?

(also i'm trying really hard to remember the name of a game i vaguely remember liking, but all i really remember about it is that there were two main characters, a boy and a girl, and you switch between them until they meet up in the game world? and the girl has like... two big rings that she uses as weapons but i can't remember how. if this sounds familiar to you please end my suffering)

Donator — He/Him. Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 03:59:19 )

"These make me very happy..."

@crow: My main favorites were the Fatal Frame and Resident Evil series. I think I might know what game you're talking about. Does said girl also have two pink ponytails? If so,I think her name is Mint,and the game might be called Threads of Fate.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 04:00:44 )

Anything DDR! I loved playing those games

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 04:21:57 )
Welcome to Trilia Island!

Ps2?
Hmm
Kya: Dark Legacy (I think. Her weapon is a boomie aka a different world's boomerang)
Gladius
FFXII

I didn't play many PS2 games lol

Kit's island getaway is very quiet~

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 04:28:08 )

SHADOW HEARTS
Best Game.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 04:46:24 )
@crow: chrono cross comes to mind and theme hospital

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 04:58:29 )
♪ (/・。・)/ Sweet dreams.

Hmm... I don't have any favourite PS2 games though because I don't own a console. My closest favourite PS2 game would be Rez although it was originally a Dreamcast game so I don't know if it counts. ^_^;

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 05:13:25 )

@Castiel:
YES that's it!! thank you omg
it's a ps1 game... lol typical of my oldbrain
playstation was so good in the 90's-00's tbh but i stopped buying consoles after xbox360 because they were so dang pricey. plus i could never choose between microsoft and sony and they always had like, one game each that was console locked that i wanted. pfff

@Totalanimefan:
oh boy i forgot about ddr... i was a champ on the controller but i have the rhythm of one of those inflatable flailing arm tube men. erratic and dangerous to my surroundings

@Kitalpha Hart:
did you prefer a different console at the time? o:

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 05:16:49 )
Welcome to Trilia Island!

@crow: I was a kid so all the consoles belong to my brother
I had handhelds, aka a GBA SP

Kit's island getaway is very quiet~

questShop

Donator — He/Him. Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 05:20:46 )

@crow: You're welcome! I loved that game so much,and when I saw the description,I was like, "I know this!" I'm surprised I remembered because my memory is usually terrible. It was! Playstation was my jam back then. Not only were they pricey,but it seemed like a new one came out every few seconds. And the console-locked thing is definitely lame. After my ps2 died (it just shut off one day and wouldn't stay on longer than a few seconds when turned back on),I stopped buying consoles. Well,sort of. I have a 2DS now,but I'm considering getting another ps2 or maybe a 3. I really miss Fatal Frame and all my other faves. I might try and find a not expensive one online.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 05:32:36 )

@Amber Lynne:
i never actually got to play that... but i was eyeballing it on the rom site lolol

@Xanthan:
heheh chrono trigger is one of the remastered ones i have on steam

@ChiffonOrange:
oh man i LOVED the dreamcast... those sonic adventures games were so good hhhh and mdk2.... and jet set radio of course
anyway i will count dreamcast games

@Kitalpha Hart:
oh lol that makes sense. gameboy advance had some bangers too though

@Castiel:
oh yeah, i never really gave up on nintendo until the switch game out haha. i have my old 3ds in a box in my closet but i haven't touched it in ages... i think i gave most of my games to my little nephew anyway whoops
i have a steam controller that i'll be trying to finagle to work with this emulator but if it all goes well i'm hoping to get the full ~playstation~ experience. god do you remember those like. mini playstations with the built in screen? you should get one of those if you can lolol

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 05:35:21 )
@crow: it was always one of my go-to games. I love rpgs
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 05:46:13 )

@crow: It's so bloody good. DX
I never played Convenant, but From the New World is also really bloody good.
The first and third are amazing, love the games, REALLY wish they'd get a port to a modern system (PS4? Please? DX)

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 05:58:53 )

@crow: now I’d like to see a video of that lol
It took me like 2 years to even know that you could play it with the controller lol

Donator — He/Him. Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 06:00:38 )

@crow: Ooh. My brother has a switch. The graphics look really good,but one of his sides broke,and I think he said it was pretty expensive to replace it. Same with my older DS (the flat,square one that opens up). Oh,cool! I hope your controller works! I don't,but that sounds like a good thing to get! I think I'll check that out!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 06:17:19 )
♪ (/・。・)/ Sweet dreams.

@crow: Oh, I love the Sonic Adventure series as well! I've never heard of MDK2 before so I kinda searched it up on Google to just find out what it is xD I liked some songs from Jet Set Radio despite I've never played the game lol

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 08:23:01 )

@Amber Lynne:
hmmm i'll put it on my list >:3 one of my favorite novels is called "from the new world" so i'll just accept it as fate

@Totalanimefan:
(2 seconds into the video a leg comes out of nowhere and kicks the camera into the trash)
at some point in high school i got into uhhhh.... stepmania i think it was called? basically ddr for the pc lmao

@Castiel:
yeahhh i've heard that about the switches.... that they break and are expensive to fix i mean ); i think i've had like three or four of those 3ds bricks but they always got stolen before they could break lmao. with the exception of the current closet inhabiting one of course
also the controller worked perfectly with .hack//infection so i'm hoping it'll work with the other ones;;;
oh and i guess the mini screened ps1 is officially called "ps one" lol

@ChiffonOrange:
mdk2 is like... bizarre but also really fun and funny... at one point in the game you play a really old scientist guy and he can't climb stuff or fight since he's so feeble but he can craft a bunch of gadgets and weapons
also these dumb farting aliens
https://youtube.com/watch?v=sfgES4oc1kg ** youtube code isn't working out lol
...... i guess i see now why young me enjoyed it |8

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 09:51:16 )

@crow: I played the hell out of that too. I had a whole bunch of anime packs for it. I loved playing it.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 12:16:35 )

i still have my ps2 up and running, i just haven't used it in a few years lol. we had soooooo many games but these are some i spent the most time on iirc:

ape escape 3
    ffxii*
    okami*
    metal gear solid 2* & 3*
    persona 3 FES & persona 4
    sims castaway (console version is miles better than the pc one imo)
    sims bustin' out
    we love katamari

* - HD ports available on newer consoles

i have a few SMT games i got a couple of years ago that i still haven't gotten around to playing... |D

Donator — He/Him. Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 12:54:27 )

@crow: Probably not too shabby if you've got extra money to burn,but I'm on a fixed income,so I gotta be careful. xD Oh no! That's not cool. It sucks that people would steal them. That's great! Ooh. The .hack games were super fun! Oh,thanks! And it looks to be a lot cheaper than the bigger version(s),which totally works!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.