Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I need human interaction

Donator — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/30 16:56:24 )
All I need is a fraction of your happy heart.

Hello! I'm desperate for human interaction, and this is the best kind of social distancing I can think of! I've been working from home for two weeks, going on three. All my roommates are home (I have 4. However, the same 4 people every day can be tough.) so today I chose to work from my boyfriends home.

I feel lucky I'm still employed. A lot of people aren't. I never thought I would have to navigate my 20's and deal with a pandemic but here we are. A lot of the things I've been looking forward to have been cancelled. My best friends wedding is being pushed to October, and any Con I planned on going to is up in the air. I live in a beach city, and they're not planning on opening the beaches. I'm just having a hard time staying positive.

If you guys have any tips, tricks, or suggestions on how to stay motivated and keep going, I'm all ears.

All I need is You.

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/30 17:30:23 )
I was a hermit for the first 27 years of my life. Internet is key to keeping the sads at bay. Other than chatting with likable folks, you should: Learn new things, take on new hobbies, get into forum-based roleplay, cook new meals, make things with your hands, get on top of projects you've never had time to do... Basically stay busy. Motivation to do these things might disappear, but you just have to push past that. Make lists to stay on task and give yourself breaks but never stop doing things.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/30 17:43:48 )

@Adamantium: i agree with Glume- staying busy is the best way to go. i've been working on writing commissions, and i'm active in online fandom; those two along with collegework have been more than enough to keep me busy. my fandom friends keep me from feeling lonely, and chatting on these forums helps too. you can take this chance to really dive into any hobbies you otherwise can't indulge in. cooking is great, it really saps up your time and it has a satisfying result. i've been diving into novels a lot and it's nice to read for pleasure again.

i live with my family and i don't even have my own room so i really get that it irritates to see the same people everyday. i do a spot of yoga, since that's something i don't need to go anywhere to do and it's relaxing and stretches my body. there are home workouts you could try if you're into that.

there's still things you can find to make you happy, even if you're not a homebody like me! hang in there, and video call or chat with friends you're missing if possible!
roleplay search | tarot readings | buying ohms (pm me) | questing: styr

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/30 19:24:24 )

@Adamantium: I feel you. I miss my friends and I was going to fly to see my family in April but I can’t anymore, and I am going to a con at the end of July, so hopefully that is still on.
I’m sad about a lot, and angry at the way the President is handling things in the US.

I would say that a good hobby and Voltra/Avatar sites will be your lifeline. In April Voltra is having an event too, so there will be lots of games and people to chat with.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/31 16:36:24 )
All I need is a fraction of your happy heart.

@glume: These are all really good ideas. I did start Yoga yesterday, and I picked up jogging again. The dogs make being outside less illegal, and the sunshine has helped tremendously. I also started drawing again, which is something I stopped doing in college.

Since I grew up on the internet, using sites like Gaia and Roliana, I never liked forum based roleplay. It's not my thing. I get anxious about when lots of people read what I write. But I will happily do one-on-one on Discord or something.

@Whimsy: Unfortunately, 8 hours of my day I'm forced to sit on a couch and be available. I've been working from my boyfriends house to change stuff up a little. My workflow is not steady so I just have to sit around and wait. I can't get up and do things in case of the phone ringing or something. I'm in a frustrating situation.

I am a homebody but three weeks is too much. Animal Crossing has helped but I'm starting to get bored of it. It's like I tired myself out on the things I enjoy the first two weeks of this self quarantine.

@totalanimefan: It wouldn't happen to be Otakon would it lol Because right now I'm not sure what to do about that. I still haven't gotten a room, because of this mess.

I'll probably definitely be around here a lot more. I'm considering doing little free doodles of avis to help pass my time lol

All I need is You.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.