Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat My dad is now also a tp hoarder

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/19 22:22:23 )

@Totalanimefan: Expecialy with my dad being a risk person.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/19 23:26:32 )
-pops in-
All of this is just insane.
The world as we know it is changing.
I hope it's ultimately for the better, but fear it's for the worst.

In the meantime, all we can do is TRY to do the right thing; take care of each other. I seriously don't understand the hoarding thing. It's not like supplies won't get "here" (not like they're going through areas affected by hurricanes, landslides, volcanic eruptions, etc., etc.) and at the same time... where are people putting all the stuff?? Seriously- wth? But right now, I'm *really* glad I bought TP last week when I went shopping (we needed it)

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 14:14:50 )

@Totalanimefan: My mom just made it known about something else that children are not the ones deciding what parent's can and cannot do.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 14:15:36 )

@Wildfire: Exacly. I now heard people in america are hoarding guns and bullets.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 16:25:22 )
@vengeance: I saw one post that indicated that was the case - nothing more. I haven't heard or seen anything along these lines since that one blip.

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 16:29:47 )

oh lord -_-
Sad thing is the people hoarding are making it so everyone else feels the need to hoard just because supplies keep running out. At least stores are implementing purchase limits now. Too bad they didn't start doing that a week ago.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 16:36:33 )
@Count Trashula: Nobody was expecting it.

The thing is (I'm finding), with all the limited supplies available -because we didn't and don't hoard- we are having to go out more often just to stay fed instead of going out once a week or so for supplies like we would do otherwise (or even do normally). It sucks.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 16:44:42 )

@Wildfire: aye, I dread having to get down to the store (whenever I find the time, that is) for milk. Last time I went, I only picked up 2-3 items and ended up waiting in line for 20 minutes. The shelves are getting empty and tbh I'm just glad so few people around here give a shit about oat milk. >n> I had to give up on my quest for flushable wipes, though.

ALWAYS PING ME

Voltie — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 06:43:35 )

vengeance:
@Wildfire: Exacly. I now heard people in america are hoarding guns and bullets.

All of the shops locally sold out of handguns and random acts of gun violence have seen an uptick in my city over the last week, including one person dead.
I saw a few people asking about 3D printing guns in a Facebook group.
I really don't understand the violent reaction some people are having to this.

please @ me if you want a response
art by blinkini

Donator — she, her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 16:07:19 )

My friend’s husband had scared us to the point that we have slowly been stocking our fridge and pantry the last two weeks. We started a low carb diet in the begging of the month and he freaked because we didn’t have canned food or pastas. So we got a little bit of that too- encase we don’t have enough healthy things around.

As for TP we have enough- hopefully but it’s not the end of the world if we don’t.

Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.