Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Stupid COVID...

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 07:54:04 )
@Kairie: Exactly! they are the perfect little fridges so that it can keep skincare nice and cool, not only for the products that have to be kept cool... But those that also will be even more refreshing. xD They are like 48-90 on amazon. I am gonna go the cheaper end, just because I feel like it's one of those things that it works for so long then you have to replace it. So I'm gonna do that. =X and make sure they work good before putting my products in (some tend to have faulty cooling and end up hot instead. At least one I've looked at had that happen. but that was one review. xD)

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 07:58:01 )
დ დ დ დ დ

@Lucifera: Oooo I bet that would make all face stuff refreshing if it was cool! :o
And at least with a minifridge like that you wouldn't have to worry about it getting too cool like it could in a regular fridge!

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 08:26:33 )
@Kairie: Exactly! The face rollers, the masks. Especially the masks that are meant to be cooling to reduce puffiness... Those are going to be heaven in a sanitary package. xD And under eye serums... All these things at just the right temp... :viohearteyes:

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 09:24:39 )
დ დ დ დ დ

@Lucifera: You've made me want something I didn't even know I wanted haha.
Granted I don't really use face products but this makes me want to because cool things on the face sounds amazing!!

დ დ დ დ დ

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 13:15:47 )
@Frossy: That's unfortunate - I'm sorry. My son's dual-enrollment graduation has been cancelled as well. It's really unfortunate especially since he has worked his butt off for the degrees he's getting.

@Eruca: Not unrelated at all. I have homeschooling friends who have done montessori at one point or another. I don't know too much about Montessori at this point; it's not something I did with my kids and they are well beyond that phase at this point. It's one style of schooling that suits some people, just like any of the others - (school-at-home, unschooling, etc.). Why do you ask?

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 15:51:09 )
@Lucifera: i guess people don't want the "economic" losses that comes with cancelling class... But it's really not adequate.

A tiny fridge on the vanity sounds like a great idea. That way I can stop accidentally eating beauty products!

Voltie — Lil' Birb Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 15:56:15 )
@eruca: Veterinary medicine haha!

@wildfire: Awww that suucks ;; I'm really hoping this blows over by June and graduations can actually happen :(

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 16:08:15 )
@Wildfire: I've been hearing people taut montessori education as the best thing since conventional schooling, but I don't know anybody who didn't do conventional schooling so it seemed kind of one-sided.

Most people I asked don't know what it is, and I don't claim to either. At the very surface level, it looks like the ideal independent learning classroom since students can move around, go at their own pace, do little interactive things. And it reminds me a lot of the ideal online learning situation, which is why I brought it up. :P

@Frossy: oooh! Cool! Do you specialize in anything?
It'd be ridiculous to convocate online... Hopefully things settle by then.
Ping me

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 16:30:56 )
@Frossy: For your sake, I hope so. They've already cancelled my son's ceremony.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 16:33:43 )
@Eruca: Yes, absolutely. It's a really good option for some people. It's "homeschooling environment" without actually doing homeschooling, if that makes sense. Ironically, I wanted a little more structure in my homeschool for my kids which is one reason I chose to "really do" homeschooling. And for what it's worth, it has worked out wonderfully.

Voltie — Lil' Birb Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 17:21:01 )
@eruca: Not really! Just interested in dogs, cats and exotics :) We dont even get a convocation at this point...the chancellor and stuff have to get together but we cant attend lol

@wildfire: Thank you ;; My class has also been fundraising for the last 4 years and have raised like over $20,000 for our ceremony...no idea whats gonna happen with that money haha xD

Art by Uncledaddy!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 18:58:24 )
@Frossy: Oh jeeze. That would be interesting to see what happens. Good luck.
┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 21:24:56 )
@Kairie: xD I'f say sorry but I firmly believe in having things that make you feel pampered even if it's small. And I have found some skincare brands that don't kill my sensitive skin that are really good and affordable. And some I'd definitely splurge on. So I mean, there's always a way to pamper ourselves and I am glad to condone this. (especially since fighting again starts with skincare too, and I am almost half way to 30.)

@Eruca: It's really frustrating. I wish they'd just let us know what's going on so I can figure out if I can start taking more shifts or not at work. xD

And it does! I've never eaten beauty products tho. =O But I guess I am glad to see other folks like the idea as much as I do. I'm dying to get this and just like... Relax with masks on while I do art.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 21:59:00 )
დ დ დ დ დ

@Lucifera: Ahaha do you have any recommendations for sensitive skin/affordable via brands and what not? >>
But yeah should definitely start pampering my skin now rather than later haha.

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 22:13:29 )
@Kairie: I haven't tried this brand yet... But I hear the ordinary is really good. A lot of their stuff is pretty much baseline of 8-20$. And it gives a decent amount, supposed to have good ingredients. (I haven't tried it yet, I plan to tho. So I am just like... xD be aware.) I have been using the "It's skin" hydration power 10 serum for night time. It seems to do well with my skin, but not that cheap. I used Missha's aqua cream buuuut, I don't like it. xD I don't break out but my skin is already pretty baseline dry and it seems to make it worse. I use sephora clean collection vitamin serum during the day, with tatcha skin cream. Tatcha is expensive. xD I just wanted to try it and haven't been disappointed. I have 0 red splotches (my skin will like, burn and then have red patches everywhere if it's the wrong ingredients.) but I have been noticing I get hives. Idk if that's the skincare or my allergies tho so, I am trying things out.

For toner I use aveeno alcohol free toner, it is amazing. Doesn't burn, still cleans my skin. I also use same brand max glow micellar gel cleanser. It's super gentle and I don't get a dry tight feeling after. Which is not good.

I just started experimenting, and I'm not professional. But like, my skin is infamously temperate and popularly picky. So I have to actually try things for x amount of time and see what's going on, and if it's a return or a keeper.

Sephora's clean collection tho has been pretty okay. Sort of medium area of spendy. Like 20+. First aid skincare is also supposed to be really good, but again, pretty medium. Tatcha is amazing, but VERY spendy. Like the dewy skin cream is my pampering because a full size thing of cream is like 90$, but a little goes a long way and the mini has lasted me 2 weeks and has barely gone down in amount of product so...

Just experiment, ingredient check... I know most alcohols wreck me so I try to avoid them. In general you're supposed to but, it's hard if you're going the cheaper end.

I know this is a lot but this is my experience so far. As for masks, I have used mediheal bio aqua mask. The mask itself does well, the ceramide ampule makes my skin dry and peel so... But yeah. xD I thin the ordinary has really good rep for the price point with purer ingredients for a more like, controlled routine. But I'd say it's depends on your skin. What is good for me, may be iffy for you. Ya know?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 22:17:31 )
დ დ დ დ დ

@Lucifera: Noted on all those products. >> I know 0 about skincare so it's nice to hear other peoples opinions on brands bc I can go check them out when I have a little extra $$. xD

And yeah obviously what works for you might not work for me, but sometimes it is nice to just have a base on stuff that people would recommend and can branch out from there in whatever direction my skin decides it should go haha.

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 22:43:11 )
@Kairie: xD same I always pay my bills first and then just kinda figure out what I need to pay from there. And I tend to be like, okay special groceries... (my family gets basic but I have some things that i have to get myself. xD obvi) and meds, and then once that's all done and I made sure gas is in the car, I let myself go wild on art supplies or skincare/makeup.

Yeah... I am so envious of people who can put on like, anything and their skin just takes it and is like "yup, this is good. I like it." Because most of the stuff that is really good and really works for me so far has been 9$+

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 22:44:52 )
დ დ დ დ დ

@Lucifera: Hehe at least you're thinking about skincare and what not after completing all your adult responsibilities.

Aaaah same. My skin is sensitive but on the dryer side, so like I envy people who can smack stuff on and their skin is 100% okay.
I try new products and my skin rebels a lot. ID

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 22:59:43 )
@Kairie: Well, after seeing how it struggles in winter I figured it's time, before it's too late. xD

So you probably have similar skin to me. xD I can't even wear most foundations. unless it's specific clean product foundations, My skin is like... "Hah! Bitch you thought that'd work? pleeeeeassseee..."
Ping me for fast replies!
https://youtu.be/y4IF2WtkgtM

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 23:00:50 )
დ დ დ დ დ

@Lucifera: Totally fair. xD

My skin just gets really peel-y/red if it doesn't like the product. ID Rip my skin in winter when it becomes even more dry/peel-y.

დ დ დ დ დ

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.