Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Stupid COVID...

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 23:04:29 )
@Kairie: Saame. I get these weird red dry patches that are like, soft and ssandy-like, but they peel and itch/burn. Yikies...

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 23:06:28 )
დ დ დ დ დ

@Lucifera: Eesh, but yeah we have similar skin! You're the first person I've met who knows what I'm talking about with my skin though!

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 23:47:07 )
@Kairie: xD Well I am glad we can relate and understand each other but sad that we both suffer the same annoying skin sensitivity. Lol! But this way we can at least suggest mostly mutually beneficial products and makeups! That's a plus side! Hello skin care twinsy!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 23:48:08 )
დ დ დ დ დ

@Lucifera: We can once I start investing in stuff to try it! Haha.
My skin should be thankful for me to do a bit more than moisturizer/lotion on it, since I gave up on skincare a while ago. xD

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 23:51:38 )
@Kairie: xD Well if ever there was a way to send you a product I think is good I would. Buuuut life is life and anon is anon. =P
Try finding a like, *gentle* exfoliator, avoiding scrubs, and then try the aveeno toner to cleanse. Should buff off the dead skin on the patches so that the toner can clean it, and when you put your serum or cream on, you're not just feeding the dead skin and it actually gets the dry patches. (I also like to note that the patches may redden more as they go away. xD It's annoying af.)

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 23:54:56 )
დ დ დ დ დ

@Lucifera: That is such useful information. ;o
I SHALL WRITE ALL THIS DOWN
Hopefully I'll have money soon so I can go to the store and pick some things up, unless people keep being crazy then i'm staying home haha.

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 23:59:18 )
@Kairie: Np! In my research a lot of people say with scrubs, it's hard to tell where exfoliation becomes abraision that further damages... So chemical peels (the kin you massage and you can actually see the skin coming off and you rinse and bye bye.) are supposed to be better because it specifically binds to dead skin cells so your skin isn't being like, given little micro abraisions.
(I decided to do something crazy and order 1 sub box a month from different companies to test things out. The one I like best I will stick with.)

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 00:29:47 )
დ დ დ დ დ

@Lucifera: Good to know. :o I hear bad things about chemical peels hurting your skin, but I figured it'd help someone like me who has a lot of dead/peel-y skin just sitting there. ID
What sub box did you do? :o

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 01:41:14 )
@Kairie: Well, we're not talking about the chemical peels you go to a derm or esthetician for. These are more commercial, not a DIY, and it's not making your face peel over time. And if used properly, doesn't do any harm. =P I've used them and once you rinse it off it's done.

I signed up for ipsy... Doing this one first because it has a cheaper box option. I am going to try fab fit fun next.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 01:45:29 )
დ დ დ დ დ

@Lucifera: Trueee.

Oooo
ty for letting me know the name, maybe I'll try something like that for funsies with all that's going on at stores right now with everyone panicking. Make the items come to me. xD

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 02:15:05 )
@Frossy: Alas you are not me. I hate those formal events.
June is still a ways a way and like they say, things are changing rapidly so... here's to hoping!
If it really doesn't happen, maybe you guys can throw a huge party with the money afterwards when the pandemic is over.

@Lucifera: Oof, that sucks. That uncertainty is always so stressful. :(

"relax with masks on while i do art" ugh cutest way to spend a friday night!! And saturday and sunday and monday and tuesday etc...

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 03:15:10 )
@Kairie: xD I like it because even more obscure [but a lot still good/affordable good] brands get introduced. for some the complaint is that it's not tarte or too faced. But the brands products end up comparable for a high price, but they are new companies. Ipsy doesn't mainly market to sensitive skin, but they have a quiz to customize it which I like.

Fab fit fun is supposed to be full-sized, but it's like 35CAD for me so it's definitely a, if I love it... But I think every other month for that bad boy. xD

@Eruca: It is.. But it is what it is, I guess? xD

And awe thank you. xD It is the best way to spend those nights. I've never been such a skincare enthusiast but I am being converted. Nothing feels better than clean, cool, not-dry face.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 03:25:52 )
დ დ დ დ დ

@Lucifera: I definitely plan on trying it when I get paid since the boxes are affordable!

Fab fit looks really nice, i'm just wary because it is more expensive haha. ID I am cheap in the wrong ways lmao.

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 03:28:25 )
@Kairie: Indeed! I like the different options. I picked the sample one, I don't tend to use and abundance of product so small samples last me a while. But it also gives me a good idea of what I will up front purchase without investing too much into something. But the full size options will always be there. Plus the option to buy previous bags is nice too.

It does! And same... There's a lot of these boxes that might be worth it, ot might be flops. That's why the next few months, each month i will get a different one, and stick with the one I like the most.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 03:31:04 )
დ დ დ დ დ

@Lucifera: Same! I'm so afraid of something being a flop. orzz
You'll have to let me know which box you end up liking the most! So that I know which ones to avoid haha.

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 04:52:15 )
@Kairie: I will for sure!

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 05:17:40 )
@Lucifera: yeah we all gotta roll with the punches I guess. And gripe about it all the while. lmao
Yeah I started really enjoying the feeling of a freshly moisturized face after a shower half way through my bottle... Praise to our friends who convinced us about skincare.

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 05:30:23 )
@Eruca: I do as well! Though I think my favorite bit when it comes to skincare, and I know I keep mentioning it... But masks. Gosh having a cooling mask that moisturizes is like... The best thing ever. It makes me feel so refreshed after, and less tired. Just relaxed and happy. But after when it comes to moisturizing... Like right now my skin actually is doing so much better. xD And I keep raving about it on instagram. I plan on posting my setup and routine once everything gets settled for me.

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 05:37:59 )
@Lucifera: Hm, I haven't had that experience with face masks yet. Aha.
How often do you use it?
Ping me

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 05:44:54 )
@Eruca: Depends on the mask. Some can be daily, others once a week... I use the ones I like the most tbh. And usually go for daily ones and some that are once in a while just to give me a little boost here and there.
Ping me for fast replies!
https://youtu.be/y4IF2WtkgtM

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.