Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I Went to a Con Over the Weekend.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 02:17:15 )

It was a lot of fun this weekend. The anime club at the university I live near has an annual convention every year. It was a lot of fun, and I'm absolutely exhausted.

Some of the things that happened over the weekend was: They had shirts with the con theme, as cons do, but they ordered more than they could possibly sell. So on the down low they were giving shirts out for free. I totally got one, which is awesome because I actually wanted the one from this year. It was a great moment of being in the right place at the right time. It was after the cosplay contest, and one of my friends won best in show. She designed her own fursuit down to the last detail. Sewed in very complicated stripes in all by hand.
Went to get smoothies with some friend's. It was my first time ever having a smoothie. Was pretty good actually, would do again.
Saw a lot more horror characters this year, which made me happy. At least one creepypasta running around. Did a good deed and put someone's lost phone in the hands of lost and found.
Went to another friend's panel. The same panel I ran last year, but didn't want to do again. So he took it over for me.
Took a lot of pictures.
It was all in all a pretty great time.

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 02:25:13 )
sounds like a blast! i'm glad you had a good time.

hello again

Donator — He Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 02:29:15 )

Looking for merlantis.
Fishy background

~That's awesome that you were able to get a free tee. Really nice cosplays. Congrats on your friend winning. Glad you were able to find that phone and get a smoothie. They're awesome. Glad your friend was able to take over your panel and you had a good time overall. Hope it continues. ~

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 02:32:28 )

o.o I just now realized that one of the cosplayers was a special guest of the convention, she's a professional cosplayer. Totally plugged my photography business to her not knowing. Oh shit. What have I done!?!??!

Also today I played some Cards Against Humanity in the tabletop room at the con, played two games. Won both of them in a row, and then they changed the game because I won too much.

Donator — He Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 02:40:07 )

Looking for merlantis.
Fishy background

~That's awesome. Don't be nervous though. Every little step along the way helps.

That's a fun game. Stinks about them changing the game but congrats on winning. Guess you're good with playing with room. Oh, also nice We're Back sig. ~

Thanks Lunakiri
In character unless ~

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 02:41:43 )

@Bill Cipher: Apparently I'm just good at Cards Against Humanity.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 06:23:29 )

You look so cute!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 15:33:00 )

@Totalanimefan: >w< Thank you very much.

Donator — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 16:43:09 )
All I need is a fraction of your happy heart.

oooo how exciting! Cons are great! I'm working on getting back into them and cosplay! I'm glad you had fun!

All I need is You.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.