Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Need Some Skin Care Recs

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/23 00:19:51 )

So now that my old face wash has completely run out, I'm looking into switching what I use. It hasn't really been helping my skin as much as it used it. For a while now I've been using Clean & Clear's Morning Burst.

But I'm not really sure what I should switch to. Since I have to find something that works, but that I can also afford on the regular. Anyone have anything they'd recommend?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/23 02:15:41 )

@Another Movie Addict: I like St Ives.
Do you have oily skin? Dry skin? Both?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — ♥? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/23 02:23:04 )
The micellar products are awesome, I really like the blue one with cornflower
This one
xxx
FC SW-5104-7051-7446

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/23 02:41:42 )
I use this target brand charcoal face wash, since I have problems with blackheads and I've heard it helps draw nasty junk out. My mom gets Cerave and I used that for years and it worked really well, they have different types for different skin types (and Cerave comes in p good sized bottles).
Idk I don't care too too much about a skincare routine past obsessively cleaning my eyebrow piercing area so it doesn't get gross lol

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/23 03:00:12 )
。・:*:・゚,。・:*:・゚。・:*:・゚,。・:*:・゚ 。・:*:

I have been trying things for my temperamental skin the last year and I found that Neutrogena naturals purifying facial cleanser works wonders and it is really light and not a cream base. I have been using this one for around three months <3

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/23 03:58:30 )
I use the CeraVe hydrating cleanser. It's helped my skin a lot. I have dry skin that gets oily in the summertime and this face wash had unclogged my pores a lot. Its gentle and moisturizing without making you feel greasy still.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/23 13:59:19 )

@grost: I have issues with black heads too. What I've been using was helping for a while, but now I've been breaking out something awful.

I will looking into all of these. They all look pretty affordable too.

Voltie — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/23 14:07:58 )

I was using that face wash before it stopped working for me and was actually making my skin worse.

I started using this face wash a few years ago and it works really well for me.
I use this acne treatment with it, but it's a little pricey.

Paula's Choice also has a whole acne starter kit in two different strengths, but I don't like the exfoliant that's included.

I linked through Dermstore and not the brand website because they have free shipping with no minimum in the U.S., but you can buy it on their own website too.

please @ me if you want a response
art by blinkini

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/23 14:18:29 )
@Another Movie Addict: have you tried any of the Lush skin care products for your face?
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/23 14:23:27 )

@Totalanimefan: I actually don't really know what my skin type is, so I just use sensitive skin washes.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/23 14:24:31 )

@Unicorn: Those are waaaaaay out of my price range.

Donator — Him, He Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/23 15:17:38 )
@another movie addict: Alba botanica’s acnedote works pretty well; and it smells nice. :)

I also found that changing my diet and my sleep schedule helps. (Also for some reason stress makes my skin breakout. Maybe that’s something to think about too? idk.)

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/23 15:22:01 )

i love aveeno's sensitive skin face wash

hello again

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/23 18:19:41 )

@Colan: Maybe? I've been eating a lot better though, but sleep is pretty meh right now. Plus some stressers.

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/23 18:25:07 )
★⌒☆⌒⌒☆⌒★

On top of the neutrogena stuff I also back up @kegs mentioning aveeno. I love their foam cleanser. They have a calming/stress relief one too with lavendar. It can be a little expensive but one bottle lasts months.

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

Donator — Him, He Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/23 18:33:53 )
@another movie addict: Sorry if it sounded like I was trying to tell you how to live your life btw. I just know what’s worked for me, so I thought sharing it might help. :D

@Kaichoukai: I might have to look that up and try it. Thanks for the recc.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/23 18:38:00 )

@Colan: I've heard those before, but I'm not sure it's my diet. Since I've switched my eating up a lot. It could be the sleep and stress though. Past couple of months have been crazy stressful and busy. With a really hard time falling asleep. Tuesday I had woken up at 2:30pm and didn't finally get some sleep til about 1 or 2pm Wednesday for a tiny nap.

Donator — Him, He Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/23 18:40:59 )
@another movie addict: Oh me oh my. I hope that life slows down on ya so that you can have some rest. :D

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/23 18:43:21 )

@Colan: Me too.

Donator — Him, He Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/23 20:13:04 )
@another movie addict: I know it’s off topic, but what kinda movies you be up on? (I can start a new thread or hop onto a thread you’ve already started if ya wanna keep this one on topic)

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.