Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/15 04:56:36 )
i just joined a little bit ago and although i'm still looking around i thought i'd start by posting an intro!

my name's jude, i currently have 3 pet rats & i'm also an artist :) i like jjba, and lots of video games like persona, tales of, and stardew valley! i'm trying to be more social after retreating into my shell for a few years haha... so i'd love to meet some new people and maybe make friends! it's nice to meet you all!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/15 04:59:30 )
hello~ welcome to voltra!

you sound like a cool cat
how are your pet rats? o: I've always been interested them ever since reading about Stargirl having a pet rat haha

e

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/15 05:10:08 )
@Jude: hey jude, welcome to voltra! hope you like it here

banner by Ruby ❤️

Voltie — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/15 05:15:53 )
eyry:
hello~ welcome to voltra!

you sound like a cool cat
how are your pet rats? o: I've always been interested them ever since reading about Stargirl having a pet rat haha

e

thank you!! ^_^
hmm, well... my oldest isn't the most social with me, her old cagemate was much friendlier hehe. but she's still very curious and a bit mischevious - she's been teaching my newer young rats to make trouble!! >:O they're all good girls though. out of my two younger girls, kiwi is the most comfortable with me, she just climbs all over me and does whatever she wants LOL her cagemate cherry is very shy in comparison, she doesn't play with me but she's still sweet
ahh >_< sorry for rambling so much about them, they're my baby girls. rats make amazing pets, they're really smart and super cute!

Voltie — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/15 05:20:59 )
ephenay:
@Jude: hey jude, welcome to voltra! hope you like it here
thank you! :D

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/15 05:30:59 )

welcome to voltra~

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/15 06:00:42 )
@Jude: awww you know them all so well! I don't mind haha
I talk about my cat like all day |D

e

Voltie — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/15 06:00:46 )
pachi:

welcome to voltra~

thank you!! ^_^ i love your avi, it's super cute!

Donator — nightmaren Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/15 07:27:05 )
Hiya! Enjoy your stay :vreg-celebrate:
art gallery/avi closet

Voltie — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/15 07:49:57 )
eyry:
@Jude: awww you know them all so well! I don't mind haha
I talk about my cat like all day |D

e
i spend a lot of time with them! they weren't socialized as babies so i have a lot of work to do haha. i dunno about my oldest though, someone was rehoming her and her old cagemate and i took them in. i try to spend more time with her though since she's getting up there in age... two years old and still makin' trouble for me!!

by the way, what's the forum etiquette here for replying to people? i'm used to just quoting on forums, but after browsing around here i noticed a lot of people use @ to ping people... should I be doing that to reply to them instead? :o

moomin:
Hiya! Enjoy your stay :vreg-celebrate:
thank you!! ^_^

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/15 08:05:22 )
@Jude: Hello there nice you Start to Post around!!!!
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/15 10:32:37 )
@Jude: aww how long have you had rats? just the two years (age of oldest)? you sound very knowledgeable :) have you taught them any tricks? xD

I pretty much always click the @Mention thing next to the quote button instead of quoting because quotes seem to take up a lot of space. but that's my personal preference. I don't think it matters if you quote but I have also noticed that people usually ping with the @

e

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/15 11:11:49 )

@Jude: hi welcome. I like video games too. Persona is a great series. Have you played the main line series Shin Megami Tensei?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/15 19:02:23 )

@jude: Welcome to Voltra!

I've always curious how rats were as pets? Are they pretty smart?

I'm the same in a sense, just recently joined to looking to make some friends!

Voltie — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/15 22:16:22 )
@eyry: i've had them since may 4th 2019! so not very long at all actually. my first two were about a year to a year and a half old when i took them in, and i lost one of them in december last year. after that i adopted my two new babies, since rats are extremely social (they can get depressed if kept alone). i honestly still feel like a rat n00b LOL, but i did a lot of research for a few years beforehand. i haven't taught them any tricks yet, but i plan to start teaching my little ones some as well as their names :)
and thank you! i'll start using the @ instead :o

@Totalanimefan: i've played a little bit! to be honest i'm pretty bad at games haha so SMT is pretty hard for me. the only one i've played for myself so far is nocturne, but i plan to play more in the future. i've been interested in SMT:if for a while, and i actually think it got translated recently, so that's something i need to check out :) i do actually really love the first and second persona games (even though i'm really bad at them LOL) in terms of aesthetic, story, and characters - i'm just not a fan of grinding and random encounters so it takes me forever to get through those kinds of games >_> i also own digital devil saga but i haven't played it yet.

@Aonani: thank you!:) rats are very smart! they can be taught all kinds of things and their personalities vary a lot! they can also be super loving, but some are more withdrawn like my oldest girl. boys tend to be lazier and more cuddly :P but of course it varies from rat to rat. a lot of them will also try to unashamedly steal your food though, haha

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/15 22:33:52 )

@jude: gosh that is so cute! I wonder if it's the same as raising a ferret. I did have one of those growing up and he was quite the character! How old is your oldest?

Voltie — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/15 22:51:14 )
@Aonani: hehe they're very cute! ^_^ i think they're a bit similar in some ways but i can't say for sure since i've never had a ferret. although i always wanted ferrets when i was little, but it's not something that ever worked out. my oldest girl is 2 years old! but she's still strong as ever 💪 i'm not sure how to insert a pic without it being absolutely massive so here's a link to a picture of her instead! (i hope that's okay!)

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/15 22:53:14 )

@jude: Shes so cute! I love the little white paw! I would have a ton of animals but my husband isn't two fond of having lots of pets. We compromised and I have two dogs xD

Chatterbox

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/16 00:45:06 )

@Jude: I feel that. The SMT games are NOT easy. If you have a switch there is a persona-like game called Tokyo Mirage Sessions which came out last month. It’s a good RPG that isn’t too hard.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/16 02:09:58 )
@Jude: ah almost a year though and doing all that research does make a difference. I tried to do lots of kitten research before getting mine haha. but of course actually having the animal makes a big difference. yass take a video of them doing tricks when you get around to teaching them :> I've taught my cat to sit and then I've kind of stopped haha. I'm just trying to harness train him now

e
art shop
isn't that lovely, isn't that cool and isn't that cruel

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.