Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Hello, I'm new.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/13 06:15:24 )
@bonnie: I finally got my lip rings a year ago after 11 years of wishing. I'm a dork.

Man I took stats when I was in high school 8 years ago and got a C, it's the only class so far that I'm scared of. I've struggled to heck for a 4.0 so far and I cry if I get under an A so I'm a little spooked to say the least.

But really, don't work for a big corporation in retail, they will laugh in your face.

How are you doing tonight?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/13 06:18:17 )
    @gavinesk: In high school I was the same, but when college came I was in for a rude awakening. But I survived and graduated with honors. Oh no I am good. I work for a call center and I am chilling for a minute. It is very chill and laid back and I LOVE it. It pays enough for me to be comfortable and not have to worry about not paying bills.

I just need to catch up with my credit card purchases. I may be a little behind this month but that's okay. I will fix it and be find. Other than that I am good!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/13 07:21:04 )
@bonnie: I wasn't much for caring too much about my high school grades but I am anal retentive as an adult since I hope to enter a master program when I complete my BSN.

I'm glad you enjoy your job! I worked at a call center once, hated it because it was nearly a scam and I was the only one not super drunk or on heavy drugs.

Credit cards can become scary if you don't pay attention to them which is why I only have one. lol

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/13 07:26:43 )

I only have two, both have small credit limits and I don’t want that to change at all. So I’m good on them I just spent too much. I am cutting that out ASAP.

Yeah I have a lot of friends with really negative experiences and when I was in undergrad I worked in the call center that calls alumni asking for donations and those old people were INSANE sometimes

Voltie — yeet Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/13 07:30:13 )
gavinesk:
@Laufeia Hey! Thank you! The avis are cute. :)

@vengeance I've been searching for around a month on google for a new site to mess with an AVI. I used to use a site with similar layering system and it was shut down a few years back so I've been on the hunt for one I could be as inspired by.

recolor.me (GD) and gaiaonline (CB) work well

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/13 07:35:04 )
@bonnie: I reaaaaallllllyyyyy enjoy learning about the human body and most curiously found a love of microbiology. Learning about microorganisms and their purposes as well as the illnesses/sicknesses they cause really makes a lady appreciate western medical care. lol

Man budgeting as an adult is the worst when you just wanna own pretty things.

Man, we called via sold information accumulated from hotels selling it.. we sold "vacation packs" for the all you can eat and drink trips.. to places like Costa Rica. It made me want to die so I quickly got a new job.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/13 07:37:57 )
@drowsy: so funny you mention Gaia, I've got an 11yo account and it's worth.. a lot. I've been searching for a more accepting community that will do more than post once in response to random babble. I'll look into recolor.me because I think that is the site I was trying to find but couldn't remember the name. xD

Voltie — yeet Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/13 07:41:14 )
@gavinesk:
yeah gaia is so large and the cb is so fast paced everything seems kind of disconnected compared to a smaller community like rec, you should go into the gd and ask for advice etc

there are some bad eggs but some really nice/cool n artistic users

I've made countless avis I really enjoy, you can do practically anything with the additional sliders in the avi maker plus it's very easy to make money once you have faction perks

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/13 08:07:38 )

@gavinesk: hi welcome to Voltra!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/13 10:49:50 )

Learning something new is just amazing. That was always my favorite part of school, Learnjng!

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/13 12:20:05 )

@gavinesk: Welcome to Voltra! :D I joined about a month ago and really like it here~ What site did you used to be on? Maybe I know you haha
EDIT: Your avi looks just like your hair on instagram! That's super cool!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 06:13:48 )
@ruby: Thanks! I used to be on Syndrone Online as gavindoesnotdance. I also have a super old IMVU as catsy11 and a Gaia as Gavin Esk. I have been missing the avi mechanisms on Syndrone a lot lately..

And thank you! They are some of my favorite colors.

@drowsy: I really miss old Gaia, grinding on zOMG and making friends doing it was the best. Had a whole group I constantly played with.

I'm super curious to check it out! I just have to find an extra moment. This week is crazy with Valentines since I have a family. lol

@totalanimefan: Thank you so much. :)

@bonnie: My job sucks so hard sometimes, but it truly encouraged me to move on to better things like nursing. If I didn't need the money I would probably run through the place screaming and then never return. lol

I love to learn, though. That's why I've found this love of medicine and the human body. There is always something new to learn or discover and it's incredible.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 06:53:09 )

@gavinesk: yeah but you’re making those moves to do what you love! I have a deep deep deep respect for nurses, doctors, and teachers. It takes special people to do those jobs.

One of the best things to learn about is the human body. It’s interesting by default. I enjoyed learning about computing in undergrad; it was my major and I enjoyed it.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 06:54:30 )

@gavinesk: you already look cute. I love green

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 07:05:52 )
@bonnie: I am working stupid hard for this and it feels so satisfying.

As a side note I somehow ALWAYS end up responsible for intoxicated people and the go-to for general body questions. Hell, I've been teaching my best friend how her own genitals operate since her mom never did. I'm kind of made for this.

The human body is incredibly fragile and has many working parts. I can only imagine how much fun computing would be! Especially if there is mathematics.

@totalanimefan: Thank you so much! I love green, it's been my favorite color my entire life.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 07:09:45 )

@gavinesk: yeah...I used to be good at math but calculus kicked my BUTT but that was just a small portion and I moved past it. I enjoyed a lot of the theory and analytics side of it. After I get my masters I plan on looking for a job that uses the skills I learned I suppose. I may need to brush up on some though.

I’m 9/10 the designated driver. I just assume the role naturally cause I like to. I take good care of my friends as well but I’m really bossy too. I make sure they eat and drink water and everything. It’s really funny cause some of closest friends haven’t seen me completely drunk yet cause I’m always sober taking care of them.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 07:16:40 )
@bonnie: It's going to feel incredible to put to use the skills you enjoyed learning as well as perfecting those skills. It'll always be worth keeping up with the advancements since it keeps you employed.

I absolutely love your pure respect and support of your friends. I always have a limit since I know my friends aren't as anal retentive as me when it comes to avoiding a hangover. I avoid hangovers like they will kill me. Most people say that I'm always the mom in all of our activities. I know what you mean because my fiance still hasn't seen me properly drunk since he is usually the one getting drunk (he rarely goes out with me like that so I let him have it). lol

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 07:20:37 )

@gavinesk: I’m the mom of the group as well. Just in general I assume command, I know I’m finicky and bossy and like things my way, but at the end of the day I would say I’m the most obsessive over things like eating and taking care of yourself and such. But I do love them and they know that so it’s a trade off, you’ll have me scolding you for not taking care of yourself but I’m there to help you in any way I can.

Yeah, I love pouring over data and doing reports. I do them for work sometimes as well as just sit there and wait for my phone to ring. It’s nice to still be doing something. I’m gonna take what I learned in my data analytics class over to wherever I go, I enjoyed the hell out of it!

bloop

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 10:39:10 )

@gavinesk: green is my fav color too!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 11:18:35 )

@gavinesk: Ah okay, I was never active on Syn but I think I've been on just about every avi site to exist lol
Pink and green are awesome together~ did you see the switch controls in that color scheme?

I didn't read all the rest of your post but I miss old gaia too xD

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.