Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities Newcomer supply depot

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/19 17:18:08 )

@vengeance: when Ernya closed I was kinda floating with no home. Voltra was my life saver! OuO

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/19 17:19:51 )

@Lina: morning ^-^
i think i tried to join ernya once before but i was too late. i honestly went back to gaia, but i only had so much patience for that place. occasionally i will get nostalgic about barton towns, the rally, the movie theater and the release of zOMG. those were my favorite parts even if strangers were a little less than friendly XD met some really cool people and had my fun. but nowadays, everything is so different and inflated.. yeah, i think everyone understands not wanting to be there lol. however it really makes me wonder how far voltra will go in the future.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/19 17:21:43 )

@Lina: I was on two other avatar sites for a while. Roliana closed not long ago :( And Caedon I did not like the avatars so I left not long after I joined.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/19 18:06:44 )

@ephenay: I was on Ernya for like 4 years. It’s was a nice and friendly place.
Kind of like Voltra, but I don’t think they really had NPC and a backstory or anything.
I really like how the events are all part of a story here, and the NPC are real characters.
Voltra is like a whole world.

Gaia has some really great things about it, but as it got bigger is got worse. (In my opinion)
There are so many nasty people on there now. I feel like it’s 50% hateful comments.
And although I love that they make so many new items so quickly in theory, it actually makes it impossible to collect very many of them without using real money.
Voltra seems to balance the new item output better. The orbs especially add lots of new items, but if you post enough you can get them with Volts and not spend really money.
I think as long as Voltra can maintain a friendly community as it grows, it can really be big! ^^

@vengeance: it’s so tragic when an avatar site closes. I hope that never happens with voltra!
I was on Caedon for a while, that was my inbetween Ernya and Voltra, but it was never as homey as here.
I liked that Caedon was bigger avatars, Gaia was always too small for me. There were no little details.
But Voltra is kind of the perfect in between.
Plus, Voltra has a good mix of male and female artists. Too many avatars sites are 90% girly items and nothing manly.
And even girls want to be bad ass pirates and stuff sometimes!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/19 19:02:06 )

@Lina: Voltra already a had a blackout moment.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/19 19:04:14 )

@Lina: i reaaally appreciate how immersive the events and npcs feel. that reminds me, i so need to catch up on the storyline one of these days.
but i totally agree. gaia got too big and became something ironically made people more anti-social in general. we see it all too often in big online communities like that. not to mention how many items were behind a paywall. another thing that bugged me is how much they would advertise for the irl currency through announcements and PMs.. it was kinda sad. that's when i knew i needed to move on.
i'm really excited to see voltra grow :) the community is where it's at, dude. it still is kinda shocking to me how young voltra is! also can't wait til we get more games into the mix.
what are you excited for the most?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/19 20:03:05 )

@vengeance: hi! how are you?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/19 20:11:03 )

@ephenay: Doing good. I am in the sims taking screenshots of some hair retextures I have done. How are you?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/19 20:29:45 )

@vengeance: I'm doing alright. might take a nap. that's cool tho. hair cc is the best.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/19 20:52:24 )

@vengeance: Yeah! The blackout was crazy!
I was on staff for it, and we had to do so much work to get everything back.
But it really proved how dedicated Fozzy is, and what a great leader he is!

@ephenay: I love Voltra and the community and talking too everyone,
But the puzzle game at Halloween got me so excited about games!
Adding games is what I'm most excited about!
And just more people joining so I'm never alone. XD

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/19 21:02:42 )

@ephenay: Taking a nap is always good.

@Lina: Black and white dancin' together. Side by side we'll make things better. You're never alone.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/19 21:29:12 )

@Lina: yess, i totally feel that. I'm psyched to have jigsaw back with the new upcoming event <3 also blackjack for whenever that comes out! I'mma go ham

@vengeance: yeah it's a grey rainy day. the sound of rain on my window is relaxing at least

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/19 21:43:28 )

@ephenay: We had sun over here.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/19 22:49:00 )

@ephenay: puzzle type games are my favorite kind, so I like the jigsaw.
I’d love something more like Tetris better, but any games are nice!!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/20 03:42:41 )
@vengeance: ohhh haha it was something to do with the website
how has that gone?

e
and after love and loss and all the tears that I cried, I find that here we are in the future

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/20 06:08:32 )

And we're back :>
        Got sidetracked with work ahhh

sake | saccharine
maybe you know me

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/20 09:00:22 )

sorry, i totallly just passed out

@Lina: tetris would be amazing *-* can't wait until we'll have something to play!! feels like forever since the last event. omg.. there's like 11 days of 2019 left. and yet it still kinda feels like 2010 to me. oof.

@vengeance: sun isn't too bad, i suppose :D

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/20 09:00:55 )

@eleven:
@Lucifleur:

hey guys, good evening ~

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/20 17:56:44 )

@ephenay: one of my favorite things about the games is,
They managed to get them to work on my phone.
If they all do, I can play them at work and just live on Voltra. ^^

Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/20 18:25:43 )

@Lina: haha you totally could. whenever the event comes around and we get jigsaw, oh dude, it's overrr. i honestly am so excited <3
good morning btw ~

banner by Ruby ❤️

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.