Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat got some wild children roaming around my house

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 23:38:15 )
my stepbrother really needed some help with his 2 daughters (5 & 8). his wife is a nurse and has been working very long, very difficult hours during the pandemic so he has basically been solo parenting for weeks. i don't have any health problems and don't have to leave the house for anything, so even if they have covid19/infect me, it's not the end of the world. so they're gonna be here until tuesday. although if i die you guys will know what's up lol.
i usually see them every week so it's been weird not seeing them during this whole thing.

it's nice having kids around the house! i can't wait to have some of my own.

how have those of you that are parents been coping? i imagine it's tough having everyone stuck in the house full-time.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/13 00:13:05 )
@kegs: Oh that's good that you can help him... and they, by their natural energy, can give you a change of pace! My kids are older teens at this point - they need much less supervision or diversion than the younger kids do, but even with that, we have ongoing "walk by" games and activities strewn across the kitchen table - jenga, scrabble, puzzles, etc.- so when somebody needs a break, it's there. It helps. For the younger kid set, there are a bunch of online activities available, including things like coloring pages that you can print out for some (necessary) off-line time...

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/13 01:12:20 )
@Wildfire: a change of pace is VERY welcome. i've been bored out of my mind. they've been going stir crazy being cooped up in their house all day so this is a good change of pace for them too. i have a lot of entertainment stuff at my house for them (coloring books, paints, books etc) since i watch them pretty often so thankfully there's no shortage of things to do. they love helping/watching me cook and bake. it's supposed to be pretty nice outside tomorrow so perhaps a picnic in the yard would be nice!

hello again

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/13 01:20:21 )
@kegs: Oh! A picnic in the yard sounds wonderful! Give them a bug net and see what they catch or set up a tent (can be a sheet strung between trees) or something like that and they'll be in heaven! (I'm assuming they're about 5 or so)

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/13 01:24:50 )

Your brother in law is so lucky to have you to help him out! Children are a joy and a pain. My nieces and nephews irk me but I also love them to death.

I spoke to my sister the other day and her daughter is suffering with the pandemic because she’s used to a lot of children being around and now there are none. I wish I could go entertain her but I’m not making any trips until this is all over

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/13 02:05:26 )
@Bonnie: Zoom. Skype. Or even limited physical/social interaction... In times like these, we must choose and be creative...
┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/13 02:15:31 )

@Wildfire: oh yeah I tried to get her on the camera but she does not like it that much. She prefers to see people in person. She legit said “no” and ran away xD

bloop

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.