Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat trying to cancel travel accommodations and its hard

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 22:59:46 )
not only is it a bummer that the trip was cancelled, but also bummer that i have now spent maybe an entire work day trying to get refunded despite the fact that the site policy said they will refund all service fees...
idk why cs rep suggested I talk to the property owner because they have no authority to give me refund. lol. also not the owner of the account so...

>.> im irritated

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 23:04:53 )

I am sorry to hear that. Trying to get your money back on that sort of things always seems hard.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/11 00:51:37 )

Wow that sucks. I thought that places were supposed to be giving people refunds? That's BS. I want to book a flight for late July, but I'm worried that I won't be able to cancel or change it.

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/11 05:52:16 )
imho, It's mostly the fault of the owner of the property who posted a listing, set up automatic booking confirmations and then evaporated from the face of the earth. But on the part of the site, it's also absolutely stupid that they won't do anything about it for over a week.

Anyway, I was finally able to get a hold of *someone reasonable* today and get the refund started. So that's a step towards the right direction. But they still need to "process" the thing so idk when I'm gonna hear back.

I appreciate that they got people working over the holidays at least. Coulda been worse.

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/11 05:53:34 )
@Totalanimefan: they are. but it took some wrestling to get to it and it's gonna take a while to finally get it? see above post when I forgot to ping you. lol.

also for flights, there were four of us that booked the same flight, but I was the only person who was able to get their ticket refunded... Strange. So yeah I wouldn't book your July flight right now. at least until they come up with coherent policies for refunds and flight changes. It's gonna be cheaper anyway given all that's going on right now.

@vengeance: thank you for your sympathy

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/11 07:44:49 )

@Eruca: yeah I read that post too. I guess I’m not booking that flight T-T it was for a con that I’ve been going to every year since 2010. RIP my 10 year anniversary.

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/11 15:10:45 )
@Totalanimefan: it's only April... Doesn't mean things won't change nearer to July.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/11 21:41:59 )

@Eruca: true true. I’m keeping the hope. The event hasn’t been cancelled. It’s in DC and the mayor there thinks that it will be bad in DC until July so it’s cutting it close lol.
I just love that con, and my friends and that city. It would be really sad if I couldn’t go ^^;

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 15:05:01 )
@Totalanimefan: yeah, I know that feeling... I'm also still waiting to hear if the con I had planned on going in May will happen virtually, but it's a huge lost opportunity regardless...
Here's to hoping!

TBH, if things are still bad in July, a LOT are going to be impacted...

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 21:33:40 )

@Eruca: yeah I agree with you. I just can’t seem to think of what would be different in July vs now. You know.
I’m sorry to hear about your con plans.

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/13 15:31:18 )
@Totalanimefan: well, covid 19 cases start to go down. Not that likely to happen by July imho but we won't know until we get there.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/13 22:36:08 )

@Eruca: I share the same opinion as you. If we just open shit up without testing and more PPE we are just as F'ed as we are right now. Nothing will be different. We could have been like South Korea if we had a half way decent administration.

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/13 23:20:48 )
@Totalanimefan: I don't think it's all that realistic to think that the strategy used in one country will work in another as is. US is way bigger and sparser and the politics & culture is so different. People might not have cooperated with isolation and testing even if the first of the cases were able to be traced down to a single event. Human rights and it's a free country and all that.

That said, there is a whole lot to be wanted with the response from the administration. what a nightmare. smh

cute easter avi!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/13 23:41:15 )

@Eruca: Thank you. I'm glad that you like my avatar ^^
I do agree with you that Americans would never stop being selfish and think about the greater good, it does mean that we might not have had to shut down the whole country, people would know if they had COVID-19 and they could go back to work, people would have worn masks, we would have been more medical equipment, we wouldn't have had our pandemic squad fired in 2018. Those things. I'm not thinking life would be like it never happened.

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 00:45:32 )
@Totalanimefan: conspiracy theory: the fired pandemic squad went rogue and unleashed the covid19 to prove a point. :vanora_upsidedown:

I agree that no matter what we do, we'd be affected by it somehow.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 01:44:56 )

@Eruca: lolol
Today Trump had another meltdown at reporters that are fact checking him. Don't they know we live in a post fact world? /s

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 17:02:00 )
@Totalanimefan: Facts and the truth are their bread and butter. I don't blame them for being stuck in the pre-war-on-facts era, just immense sympathy.

sympathy is not sarcasm.

Meanwhile in Canada, people are slamming Trudeau for going to his cottage. lol. We're so freaking boring. I mean that's good, but it's boring.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 18:38:07 )

@Eruca: do you live in Canada?

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 18:40:20 )
@Totalanimefan: yes ido
Ping me

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 18:46:58 )

@Eruca: ah I didn’t know that ^^;
How’s corona effecting you guys?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.