Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat This is why I try not to plan anything...

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 15:05:26 )
Honestly, I should expect by now that chaos is a ruling factor in my life. I worship chaos gods, after all...
As some of you may know, I'm getting ready to have a baby. Her due date was going to be June 15th. I was planning on having her at a local midwifery, natural-birth style. I invested a lot of time and money towards this goal.
This week I found out I have gestational hypertension. Basically high blood pressure brought on by pregnancy. It could have been a more serious situation, and could very well develop into something more serious, but for now it's mostly ok. Except, my midwifery plans are no longer an option, and the new place I'm going will have to induce labor about three weeks early.
I really wanted to avoid a hospital birth. I have anxiety about hospitals to begin with, and now I can't imagine them as anything but a great place to catch a pandemic. The only hospital we could find that had midwives and a decent environment for birth is super far away, but it looks like the best option.
I'm super nervous because my plans changed so drastically so close to her due date, but I suppose anything involving babies is wildly unpredictable. I slept so horribly last night about it though... Buh. I need a distraction so I don't stress out over things I can't change.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 15:09:40 )

I’m sorry to hear that. Natural birth the best method of having children, IMO. But the best thing to do is do the best for your child’s and your health! I’m praying everything goes well or your family! <3

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 15:50:08 )
@Glume: Sorry that you cant have your Dream labor :/ maybe its better to be in a Hospital! From my expirience i trust doctors. 2 doctors need to get my little one out of my whomb so i was Happy being in a hospital
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 16:08:23 )
@Bonnie: Thank you! I'm still going to try for a natural birth. The alternative seems pretty scary, but so does all that pain.

@Miss Sandman: I have never personally met a trustworthy doctor... I've had my own bad experiences, and my aunt had multiple surgeries where random objects were left in her body and led to nasty infections, and my mum and the horrible woman that gave birth to her are currently on a lot of contradicting medications, and my husbands family has misdiagnoses that led to death. I know the science behind medicine and doctor care is sound, I just feel like capitalism makes it impossible to get correct treatment. When its all about robbing people blind, even the good doctors get over-worked and can make mistakes. But you're right... if there is a complication, I want to know someone can do something about it right away. Having babies is rough even when it all goes well....
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 18:59:42 )

@Glume: and that’s great! It is scary but as long as you are choosing the best possible alternative for your safety I think you will be okay! I hope you have a safe, healthy, pain free natural birth! <3

bloop

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 21:02:33 )

That sounds awful. I feel the same about drs and hospitals. I can’t imagine the stress you must be feeling. I would tell myself that this is for my safety and the baby’s and that would calm me down a little.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.