Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An Unexpected Split

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/8 07:12:53 )

She was completely silent as she stood there, waiting. What she was waiting for, she wasn't entirely sure about, but what she did know was that this wasn't something she honestly thought she might be able to do.

'There's no way this will work...' She thought with a sigh before bringing her hands together, concentrating. She had to try, as she was reasonably sure that she could do something here, even if she didn't know what it was that could happen.She knew that she had to try this though, even if she had no idea if it would work.

Sure enough, as she concentrated, she was enveloped in tendrils of black inky mana, mana that looked very much like what was coating her right arm. As she was completely enveloped, there was a plus of mana, she vanished from where she stood. The next thing she knew, there was an even more violent pulse, along with a massive heat wave that had her at the core. It faded quick, but was enough to bring her to her knees with a cry. If anyone saw her, they'd see that she was bleeding rather profusely from a slice on her abdomen, and a gash on her head. It wouldn't be difficult for anyone to determine it was demonic mana based.

Those that knew what she was doing knew exactly what it meant.

She had literally gone through hell.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/8 08:02:20 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Because she had gone through hell, there were those that had been alerted of that happening.

And those that knew, told others.

Ultimately, it resulted in someone being sent to find the one that had travelled through hell. It had been seen as a strange journey, as the sensors that monitored such things detected a strange anomaly in it.

It was definitely something that needed investigating, at the very least.

In the end, one that was assured to handle it in the most diplomatic manner had been chosen to investigate... and it wasn't as though he was really in a position to refuse it.

As such, he had made his way to where her landing point had been... and he was shocked to find what he had discovered.

"Oh my Lord!" he exclaimed, seeing the wounded woman and rushing over towards her.

"Are you all right!?" he asked, checking her over.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/8 08:08:57 )

She didn't respond quickly. She had to gether her wits, her everything, before she let out a breath.

"A... Az..." She started, barely able to get that out, or breathe for the moment.

"I..." She started before having to just take a few, controled breaths.

He was able to literally watch her weaken, and as he shifted her to lean agains thim, he could literally feel the presence of hell on her. It was strong enough that he realised that she was rather lucky it was him who found her. He wasn't so likely to abuse the current state she was in, as he knew what the realm did.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/8 08:24:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" Azazel was silent as he felt this, and witnessed this.

"Oh, geez." he mumbled.

"I had no idea-" he started to say, before stopping and shaking his head.

"No. Later." he told himself.

"You are clearly hurt. And badly." he commented. "You need medical attention, STAT." he continued.

"Look, we're going to need to travel through Hell again." he warned her.

"However, I can at least shield you from its effects." he then said further.

"But you need help, and I'll get you to the Unit? Ready?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/8 09:18:31 )

She was silent, but she did nod. There was no way she could say much of anything for the moment, and it really wasn't the hardest to guess, either. The fact that he was finding himself covered in her blood from what she'd sustained was certainly helping drive the point home, as well.

----

Elsewhere, she appeared in a forest with a cry, and a rough landing. Her legs buckled beneath her and she hit the grassy ground hard. She didnt' stay down though, refused to. She didn't know where she was, or how safe she was, so she scrambled to her feet - even if ti meant that she was particularly unsteady.

With her left hand on her right arm, at the top of what she had around it, she dug her phone out of he rpocket. Sadly, she found that it was fried.

Wouldn't even power on. The device was dead beyond dead. So all she could do, was try and get out of the trees, and find her way to a city or town where she could use a phone.

Assuming she didn't die out there, of course.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/8 22:05:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Meanwhile, as the other individual was concerning herself with her survival, Azazel had taken the one he'd found to the Unit, his place of work. He'd gotten past security, and made his way down to the medial wing.

"Angela? Someone?" he called out, though his voice was only very slightly louder than his usual tone. This was the equivalent of a hospital, after all, so he needed to follow the rules.

"Erica needs help. Now." he said further.

However, he hadn't taken into account that Jake, the one manning the security checkpoint, would have already called down to the medical wing... so by the time he uttered the second statement, Angela had approached him.

"Oh. Right, Jake." he mumbled.

"Anyway, Erica needs serious medical attention." he told her.

"Just tell me where to take her, and I will." he finished, concern evident in his tone, border-lining on panic.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/8 23:01:29 )

Angela just directed him toward a corner area where it was more private. It was also a location that had been set up specifically fro Erica, in case her arm was to be uncovered.

After she was laid down and Angela was collecting what was needed, she sighed.

"Az, can you give me any information?" She asked. "Let me know what kind of anything, to an extent, I'm dealing with here?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/8 23:51:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azazel just sighed.

"All I know is that a strange, unauthorized travel was made." he told her.

"Which is to say, someone travelled through hell, using demonic magic, when they are not registered as a demon, or demon-spawn, or demonkin, or anything like that." he clarified.

"That was Erica." he continued.

"And all I know is how I found her." he said further.

"I was able to see her weaken before my very eyes, and I felt the very presence of Hell clinging to her." he then mumbled.

"...if ANY other demon had been sent out to find her, odds are they would have abused her current state." he told Angela further.

"...well, except for Anya. Or Lilim. Or Roxie. Or Aly's tagalong..." he then listed off, before shaking his head.

"Okay, a HANDFUL of demons would be all right, but you get my point." he muttered.

"Regardless, Erica needs attention, ASAP, and then I... have questions for her..." he then finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/8 23:54:25 )

Angela nodded.

"For now, you can clear out." She commented.

"I got enough information for the moment. You? Go away. You'll get in my way and slow me down." She paused a moment before sighing.

"I'll get you to rewrap her arm once she's not bleeding out."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/9 00:14:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azazel nodded in response.

"All right." he replied.

"I'll get out of your way." he told her.

"I'll stay in the medical wing, though. As you said, you'll need me to rewrap her arm once she's out of the woods." he reiterated.

He then excused himself and left the room, making his way to a waiting area and sitting down in one of the chairs. As he sat and waited, several things started to run through his mind.

"....Erica can use demonic mana...?" he muttered.

"Are her injuries a direct result of that travel? Were they sustained beforehand?" he wondered further.

"Hm." he mumbled further, before sighing deeply.

"Wonder if any other demons will come asking about this...?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/9 00:20:29 )

Azazel was sitting there for a few minutes before he was approached by one of the other demonic beings. Or at rather, the one that was attached to the demon.

"Hey Az." Aly said as she stepped into the medwing, holding a small binder.

"Any idea where Angela is?" She asked, her voice calm, level.

"Because I have to give him this, pertaining to a case that Levi and I are working on."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/9 00:45:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azazel looked over towards Aly when she spoke to him.

"She's tending to Erica right now." he said.

"Hey!" the demon that essentially lived in her shadow then said, coming to 'life'.

"You investigated that travel, right!?" he exclaimed.

"I did." Azazel replied.

"What the hell WAS it!?" the demon exclaimed. "...no pun intended." he then mumbled.

"It was Erica." Azazel said. "Hence why Angela is tending to her. That trip seemed to have done quite the number on her." he added.

"....geez." the other demon muttered.

"It's a wonder she even survived it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/9 00:52:31 )

Aly was silent for a moment.

"I'll leave this with you then, if that's all right? I don't feel right just leaving it sitting somewhere." She told Az.

"Angela needs this sooner rather than later." She added.

"Yeah, of course." Azazel responded.

"Thanks... and I hope Erica will be all right." She added before sighing lightly.

"I'm not going to hang out though. Pretty sure I'd just get in the way."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/9 01:15:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azazel nodded and accepted what she had.

"I'll give this to her ASAP." he said.

"And fill the rest of us in on whatever the heck that Erica kid did!" the demon told him.

"And HOW." he added.

"Trust me, I will." Azazel assured him.

"This is something that concerns us all, potentially." he reasoned.

"Good." the demon replied, before disappearing back into Aly's shadow.

"Well, I suppose I'll let you get back to work." Azazel said to Aly.

"Levi still maintaining his sanity?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/9 01:22:56 )

"Yeah, he is." Aly agreed.

"A lot less lonely since Becca showed up too." She added.

"I think that's because they have some things in common that he and I don't, can't."

"But yeah. He's keeping well, thankfully." She added with a light laugh before checking the clock on the wall.

"Sadly, I'd love to hang out and chat, but I do need to take off." She then said.

"I'll see you later, Az." With that, she headed off with wave.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/9 01:43:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"See ya." Azazel replied as she left, waving as she did.

When she was gone, he looked at the document he'd been given, and set it down in his lap.

"...." he was silent, and sighed quietly.

"Hmph." he mumbled.

"All there is to do now is wait." he said to himself.

"Wait, and see what Angela has to say." he muttered further, staring at the ceiling.

"....how did she use demonic mana...?" he asked himself.

"She's not a demon." he mumbled.

"...surely it wasn't... forced into her...?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/9 01:50:17 )

He wasn't waiting for too terribly long, only about forty-five minutes, before Angela approached.

"Come on. Let's get her arm rewrapped and get the blood off of it." She said.

"That I'm leaving to you, as I'm suseptible to the effect."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/9 02:12:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He nodded in response.

"Got it." he replied.

"I'll go do that." he told her.

"Is she conscious or not?" he then asked, before handing her what Aly had given him.

"This is from Aly." he said.

"She told me to give it to you ASAP." he went on.

"Dunno what's in it, as it's not my business, but she stressed that the sooner you read it, the better." he continued.

"So... yeah, that's a thing." he shrugged.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/9 02:24:18 )

"Oh, all right then." Angela said, accepting what he handed to her.

"I know exactly what that would be." She added.

"As for your question, She isn't, no. She lost too much blood." She added.

"I think it may be better to do it quicker, before she wakes." She added before pausing and sighing.

"The amount of blood lost though, it's... shocking."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/9 02:46:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....right then." Azazel replied.

"Fair enough." he said.

"I'll go in and deal with her arm." he told her.

"Post-haste." he finished.

With that, he parted ways with her, temporarily, and stepped into the room. Once he saw Erica, he sighed and tended to her arm, getting the blood off of it and wrapping it properly.

When he finished, he went to see Angela again.

"All right, it's done." he reported.

"Should be safe for you to be around her."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.