Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Starrily,anyone?

Donator — He/Him. Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/7 00:34:36 )

"These make me very happy..."

I really love painting my nails. However,it's difficult for me to find polish that's long lasting. My nails also tend to chip and break a lot. My partner recommended Starrily brand polish to me. My order just came today,and I couldn't be happier. The color goes on smoothly and it's very vibrant and super sparkly! The color I got is called Umbra. It was black and green going on but it shifted to purple. I also got Antimatter,which is a clear gloss that acts as both a base coat and top coat. Here's how it looked right after I put it on. Has anyone else used this brand? If so,what color(s)? And what was your experience? (good,bad,neutral,etc?)

Turned my flash on so you can see the green.

Donator — He/Him. Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/7 05:20:29 )

@koneko: Thanks,me too! Ooh. I've got a bottle of Sally's quick dry in black! I love that,too. The matte looks really cool over it. When you say chipped black,is that the name of the color,or do you have to do something to your nails after you paint them?

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/7 14:57:59 )
i've never used starrily, but i can highly recommend cirque colors, fun lacquer, and a england. drugstore brands like china glaze and opi are fine. sally's carries a line called nina which has good, pigmented colors and i love the brush they use. tbh most of the non-chip power is going to be in your base and top coat. i've been able to keep some sinful colors (that super cheap $2 per bottle nail polish you can get literally anywhere) on my nails for quite a while.

essie makes a great sticky base and i pretty much exclusively use the quick dry top coat from seche vite. i wouldn't trust a 2 in 1 - you need them to do different things. your base needs to provide a rough and sticky surface for the polish to really stick to. and top coat needs to be shiny and glossy and thick and protective. idk man.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/7 15:21:40 )

I agree with kegs about 2 in 1 coats. Always use a seperate base and top coat. If your nails tend to break a lot I hear good things about sos nail rebuilder from F.U.N. Lacquer. And there is also Triple 5 from F.U.N. Lacquer. Or try Cuticula Mic Drop (this base coat is a combination of ridge filler, strengthener, and sticky base coat. fill in ridges, strengthen, and have a long lasting mani just in one application). Many people swear by Cuticula, Vibrant Vinyls, Glisten & Glow or P.O.P for their top coat. For VV it's Fast & Hard. And for P.O.P it's Liquid Glass.

As far as Starrily I have 2 polishes by them. Galaxy Gang and Simba. Already wore Galaxy Gang once and it's so pretty. My nails always chip pretty fast no matter what brand I use.

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/7 19:17:05 )
@koneko: that actually does exist, it's called crackle polish. i think china glaze and OPI both make (made?) their own versions of it. it was a big thing like 8-10 years ago
OPI also used to make a liquid sand line which gave your nails a super rough look and sandy texture. you can still find it on ebay

hello again

Donator — He/Him. Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/7 23:06:15 )

@koneko: Oh,okay. I see. Thanks for the clarification! It's cool to hear about what other people do with their nails.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.