Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Need some input - Irresponsible mother and misbehaving brother

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/4 20:28:16 )
There's something foul about the air here...

My younger brother went to something I can only describe as a fancy private school that is set in its own sort of "town" that's entire intent is to correct misbehavior in kids, which he has huge issues with. There are houses with a head of the house that's responsible with keeping everyone in line.

My brother had problems with him and eventually came to the idea that he would get moved to a different house if he did something to get kicked out of his current one. He punched the head of the house so hard they were concerned he broke his nose.

My uncle has been involved in the situation, acting as a positive male role model for him. When everything went down, he met with the family that are living in our house and we set up punishments to make sure he actually understands what he did was wrong. Everyone came to agree that for a month or so he is not allowed any technology whatsoever, no phone, no computer, no xbox, not even using the roku in the living room to watch youtube (hulu and netflix are the only okay things he can use).

Now, on to my problem:
My mother hasn't taken up her end of the agreement. She doesn't actually get involved whatsoever in this and isn't actually following through with her responsibilities.

She allows him to get away with misbehaving, and has allowed him to break his punishment. She allowed him to play on his PC, allowed him to use my sister's spare phone to do whatever he wants, and allows him to play on my other uncle's (who's staying with us since he can't find a job nor an apartment during this quarantine) xbox.

My mother gives him inch after inch and he takes mile after mile. He gets physically abusive towards my little sister, threatens me and says I can't do anything about because I'm weaker than him, and breaks things until he gets his way.

Whenever I try to tell her that she needs to actually follow through with his punishment, I have a 33/33/33 chance of her beginning to play on my empathy by crying and saying we're telling her she's a bad mother, saying she doesn't want to "hear it" or telling me that I'm not the mother in the house/an adult (I'm 18, I don't appreciate being talked down to like this) so I have no say in what happens.

She's impossible and I have no idea what to do so I've come here for some input/advice as to what to do in this situation.

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/4 21:47:47 )

That really sucks. Something similar happened with me and my family. We are 4 sisters and I'm the oldest. My younger sisters always blame me in to trouble with my parents so I always got physical punishment with the leather belt. Or i I didn't keep my sisters quiet at night when it was bed time it was there fore my fault so that would lead to I getting whipped. It really sucked living like that. So at around 14 I just went numb and blocked everyone out and just focused on my self and my life. I worked on myself and made lots of friends who are now family. Hope my story helps. And I send you a hug and much love.

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.