Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Let it all out and move on with your day. COVID-19 Pandemic

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 00:39:48 )
There's something foul about the air here...

I am absolutely tired of idiots having parties with a bunch of people in one small space.

Today was my little cousin's birthday, so my family decided we would do a little "parade" where we would decorate our cars, stop in front of her house and tell her happy birthday. When we got to the street I was extremely surprised to see the street (on both sides) lined with cars, and a whole crowd of people (probably around 20-30 people) in one driveway across the street and a few houses down, with a whole bouncy castle set up.

It really pissed me and my whole family off when we saw it, since we were being really careful with our celebrating, only 8 people going inside of her house and all keeping our distances from each other. The group of people were reckless and generally just not smart at all about it all, I cannot understand at all why the hell they thought it would be a good idea.

The world is in an extremely fragile state, and these kinds of people make me violently angry

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 22:09:56 )
I dunno it just seems like the universe always snubs me. I never had a Matric dance/prom because I went to a conservative Muslim school that didn't "do" dances. I didn't get to do anything for my 18th birthday because of stupid things happening in my life and stupid family. I didn't get to have a 21st birthday party and spent the day studying for test I knew I was gonna fail in a degree I knew I was gonna quit. I was so so looking forward to graduating this year. We were supposed to go out and do something special for my 21st birthday, but everything started escalating with Covid-19 and everywhere started closing. But to top it all off, I was so so looking forward to my graduation ceremony. I bought a dress, I figured out pictures, I've literally been waiting for this my entire life. Like my dream forever has been a cap and gown ceremony. I worked hard. I got it. And then Covid happened and they cancelled it with only a week to go. Usually don't like a lot of regular attention on me. But with big milestones, I would've liked something more than a "congratulations". People talk about the proms or their 21st or their graduation. I always have to say that I didn't have one. And it's not like I could've helped it. There were legit reasons for why those couldn't have happened. But it's still not fair. With how Covid is going I dunno if I'll get a postgraduate graduation. The next thing to look forward to after that is my wedding. So should I not look forward to it? I don't want to jinx anything. I dunno, just letting off steam.
I know there's worse to worry about. I know how privileged I am. I love working and studying from home. My job is still paying me. My family is healthy. But ya, its just... it sucks guys.

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/6 06:43:33 )

》::: ✿・`.*
Im so exhausted and stressed.
We have no food. Its been hell making ends meet. Im so goddamn hungry.
My job laid me off and my bf doesnt have one rn either bc of covid. Im living w him n his aunt for now. We cant drive, but she can. She gets a disability check and also got a stimulus (idk how to fill it out, ive asked for help, my bf asked for help. Nobody will help.) she blew the fucking check on copious quantities of different dogfood for her dogs. I love animals to death and i get spoiling the dogs, but we NEED FOOD. I was helping for awhile. As much as I could. Everytime we go shopping for food we have to put things back and its so embarrassing and i want to cry. She thinks sweets candy pop and junkfood are a necessity over actual food. She doesnt care if me and my bf eat as long as she has those things. I want to help more but i cant and i feel awful i wish i had more money
I used all of my remaining checks from work for cheap food but its gone now. I am starving. Im trying not to eat much other than a piece of bread a day so him and his aunt can eat. We have close to nothing now.
I just moved in here and i want to scream.
She lets her dogs run around and piss/shit everywhere. She doesnt clean up anything. Not even after herself. The trashbag in the bathroom is filled and bursting with her fucking diapers
She CAN do things. She just pretends that she cant. She can do small things and that would be super awesome. Its so overwhelming.
My bf and I help her so goddamn much. we have cleaned multiple rooms and done so many dishes but they keep piling up. The shit doesnt stop. Theres always so much to clean up.
Im so fucking hungry
I feel awful typing this bc shes sweet and a cool person for the most part but she will not let us manage her money. She will not stop buying shit off amazon or something else that's completely not a necessity.
I get wanting things and thats fine but we cant afford that shit right now...i just want to eat... im crying fucking typing this. Even some shitty ramen noodles sound like heaven right now. My stomach hurts so so bad i just want food
I wish i could goto a food bank, i dont know if theyre open but either way i suggested it and she was like oh no thats so embarrassing
*.`・✿ ::: 《

Please ping me!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.