Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 01:50:12 )
დ დ დ დ დ

With all the stuff that is happening I've decided it's time to do some small cleaning around the house when I'm home bc hours are reduced at work. How do you guys go about cleaning/getting to it? I tend to try and start, make a bigger mess when organizing things into piles of throwaways and what not, and then just quit with a slightly bigger mess than when I started.

So any advice?
Or what are you guys doing during all this self quarantine/distancing/whatever you want to call it? u Au

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 01:58:54 )
Just trying to find something to do or maybe find some random games to play while chilling at home as always. I cleaned my laptop and desk recently after I woke up, I don't really do cleaning that much unless it's very dirty lol

I don't have any good advice for you though, sorry. ^_^;

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 02:00:39 )
დ დ დ დ დ

Games and chilling at home is always fun! It's about what I'm doing, just trying to be a bit productive as well with cleaning some things that I normally don't clean haha.

No worries!

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 02:11:09 )
Yup. *nods* I know everyone tends to get bored at home if they have nothing to do all the time, so having hobbies or chores will help to get rid of the dreaded boredom.

Hmm... Speaking of games, what games do you usually like? :o

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 02:14:14 )
დ დ დ დ დ

This is very true!!

I like rpg's for the most part. u wu I love games like final fantasy, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Code Vein to name a few. I'm looking forward to maybe finishing up some of the endings on code vein and replaying ffxv if my hours are cut too much at work haha.
What about you?

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 02:26:53 )
I see. :o I'm not too keen on rpgs 'cause I'm not very good at it, especially turn-based rpgs tho I'm most likely to play rhythm games (well arcade rhythm games actually), I also play Sims 4 when I'm very bored xD

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 02:34:37 )
დ დ დ დ დ

Rhythm games are fun! I'm really bad at them though. xDDD
I haven't played the Sims before. ;o

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 02:38:45 )
That's ok! I'm not a great player either lol, oof I forgot to mention the only (arcade) rhythm games I played the most are Maimai, Groove Coaster and DanceRush Stardom (although it's more of a dance game but still...) ^_^; sorry I can be forgetful

I see. Ehh well, Sims is basically where you control- well your Sims and how you decide whether to make their lives better or worse.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 02:42:50 )
დ დ დ დ დ

Dance games are really fun to play! I loved just dance when we had a wii still.

I've seen it and it looks fun! I've just never played it haha.

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 02:46:32 )
Haha true. I used to play it, not the wii version but I remember there's a mobile app of Just Dance on Play Store so I downloaded it and played it while linking said app to laptop and dancing whilist using your phone like how you used wii remote for a few times before getting bored long time ago. xD

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 02:51:48 )
დ დ დ დ დ

Oooo I didn't know they had that app
i might look into that haha

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 02:56:41 )
lol yeah though I'm not sure if it's still there :o

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 02:58:18 )
დ დ დ დ დ

Here's hoping it is for me! xD
I miss dancing to Rasputin >>

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 03:04:51 )
Ah, that song lol

It's a very catchy 70s song indeed and yeah it can be really fun to dance to, there're plenty of videos using it as a meme song or something else

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 03:07:11 )
დ დ დ დ დ

It is my go to song in just dance lol

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 03:13:40 )
I see xD That's awesome! My favourite song would be Rock n Roll (Will Take You to the Mountain) even I only watched people playing it on YT and started to dance along as if I was playing but not exactly lmao, never played Just Dance 4 tho

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 03:27:24 )

I would do one room at a time. That's normally how I start.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 13:59:05 )
Welcome to Trilia Island!

I really only bother with my room, which tends to be steady with laundry and empty pop bottles, but I think if I did need to clean more than one room, I'd go at it one at a time i still live with my parents
So say I lived in an apartment, 1/1 unit. Bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, living room, dining room. Five sections
Bedroom is primarily laundry, which is a lot of waiting
Kitchen is mostly dishes. Hand washing, plug in some music and wash. Dishwasher, like laundry
Living room would prolly just be any garbage lying around
Dining room would become my craft room lol so clean it up
Bathroom is bathroom. At home, that's also laundry because mom. In this hypothetical apartment, maybe the garbage can needs emptying
Smaller things like taking the garbage out come last, or between rooms. Sweep, dust. Take the bags out
Best part? You can do one room a day, and unless you get a mess bomb, you'll catch up
And then after keeping up is easier

Kit\'s island getaway is very quiet~

questShop

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 14:53:43 )
I do it in sections, and sometimes a section can take me days because I'm a huge procrastinator, but the key is to do it so you can keep going and not give up. Sometimes just emotionally dealing with the change takes me a few days.

Also, it sounds like you're struggling with decluttering rather than cleaning per se. I think cleaning and decluttering are 2 different businesses. I need to declutter before I clean but decluttering means letting go of stuff, so there's a pang of loss mixed in with the satisfaction of actually seeing some surfaces and reclaiming my space when I do it. Lol. Cleaning just feels good and it has a sense of urgency from seeing the nasty stuff left behind that decluttering almost never has (but then again, I have hoarder tendencies, so).

It sounds like you're starting out already wanting space. If I may make a suggestion, instead of making a pile of things to discard, pick a few items and actually discard them. Take them to an outside garbage so it's out of your space. If there's piles for give/sell/donate/find-space-for-these-in-kitchen, put them in bags by category so their space is confined. For me, re-drawing boundaries in my space and redefining how my things belong in these boundaries helps a lot with reorganizing them.
Ping me

Donator — she, her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 15:52:35 )

I tend to overwhelm myself when de-cluttering/cleaning so it takes me some time to get through it.

Currently have to clean our bedroom closet so I can do all the laundry and make a donation bag of clothes.

Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.