Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat new york is shutting down

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 22:13:13 )
emperor cuomo just announced today all non-essential businesses must shut down by sunday.

i really don't want to be stuck at home. this sucks. i will still be paid but i am not the kind of person that can stay at home all the time.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 22:14:21 )
დ დ დ დ დ

Hnnng I saw that in the news, though I didn't really see any other things included like what they're going to do with rent and what not?
Hopefully while shutting everything down they're going to get rid of rent and what not during that time since a lot of people won't be earning money I don't think?

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 22:28:35 )
Welcome to Trilia Island!

Yes our emperor is doing that
Mom ended up leaving work halfway through cuz of it
Dad's job shut down too but they'd planned on it before this so it's a bit different I guess
My summer job, at a theme park, is prolly canceled now lol

Kit\'s island getaway is very quiet~

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 22:40:28 )
Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard |

my sister's boyfriend is keeping watch his comment 'if it happens in new York The rest of the state will probably fallow. as is a lot of businesses have closed down here to. our streets are almost ghost town like.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 22:54:31 )
@kegs: "emperor" cuomo... lol! <3
There are a lot of restrictions being put in to place right now. Some of them make sense, given the current situation; others, I'm not sure about...

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 23:20:26 )
@Kairie: the state has shut down evictions for i think 60 or 90 days? i imagine more financial support will be coming. they said they'll be worrying about the public health crisis first, and then worrying about the economy afterwards.

@Kitalpha Hart: oh wow i'm surprised her work had her leave halfway through. we all finished out the day at my work (well, what few staff we had there) because the restrictions don't go into effect for a few days.

@star2000shadow: i think some of the states are safe from being totally shut down. we just have the city and the largest amount of infections in the country so i think they're just trying to scramble and keep it from spreading as best as possible. several of the states around us are doing the same thing as a regional attempt i guess? but i mean, it probably wouldn't do any good to shut down, say, nebraska, because the population density is so much lower.

@Wildfire: i just wanna be able to go to work maaaan :( i thought working from home would be nice but i'm too much of a nutcase/control freak to enjoy it.

hello again

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 23:22:31 )
დ დ დ დ დ

@kegs: Ooo that's good! Out of curiosity if you know, are they just waving rent and what not for that time or just pausing rent and then people will owe it once that period is over? :o
So far it seems like New York is taking care of its people so I wouldn't think it would be the second, but I also trust no one haha.

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 23:45:27 )
Seems like some states might be going that way as well. My state included. A lot of places are already closing around here.

I just lost my job recently too, I'm getting very worried about what's going to happen if I can't find another job. Been pretty stressed out between worrying about that among other things lately.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 23:51:09 )
@kegs: LOL... it looks like you'll have to adapt... ??
┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 00:06:15 )
Welcome to Trilia Island!

@kegs: they're a scummy place, so that's not surprising, tbh

Kit\'s island getaway is very quiet~

questShop

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 00:32:19 )

Even though it sucks to be stuck inside. It’s for the better.

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 01:22:58 )
Well, it's happening around the world. Most of the countries are on lockdown as of this moment.

Here in the Philippines, its been over a week since the government implemented a community quarantine. Schools, businesses establishments and public transportation were shutdown. Except for hospitals, government health services, groceries, markets and pharmacies.

I hope this covid19 dies soon.

Stay healthy & safe everyone. We're all in this together. Hugs!
There is something haunting in the light of the moon;
It has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 06:02:37 )
Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard |

@kegs: true..well here's hoping you weather this upheavil okay.

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 06:45:14 )

@Fielkun: In California it's the same as you. Stay safe.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — she, her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 15:57:30 )

Jersey has some announcement today and I think that’s what it’s gonna be. My job did a survey to determine if you can work from home and I don’t know if I qualify for that. At this point they didn’t mention pay benefits or anything. It’s a weird unknown territory we’re treading and not gonna lie I’m anxious.

Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.