Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Hidden Gems- Anime Addition

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/19 22:10:50 )

Since most people have down time due to the global pandemic, I'd love to find some hidden gems and hopefully provide some so we can all be entertained. Here are some of my favorite less known animes. (most are better with Subs due to the content and voice actors but to each their own)

Towa no quon - has a series of 6 films
Karas -2 part animated films (only cgi I've ever liked in an anime) fight scenes are
Wolf's Rain- Not as mainstream due to the depth of the plot and some pacing but definitely worth the ride- soundtrack is haunting
Paranoia Agent- An OG mind trip with great animation
Chrono Crusade- I won't apologize for the feels
Earth Maiden Arjuna - Technically magical girl - please for the love of god watch in subs the english dub is terrible
Origin - Simple, stunning animation and music
Casshern sins- Stunning animation, heartfelt plot
Now and then, here and there - not for the faint of heart but its a treasure

Chatterbox

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/19 22:20:02 )

I haven't seen all of the anime on that list but the ones I have seen are great.

I recommend -
Fruits Basket (2019) - A Shojo about learning to love yourself and others. With a great plot.
Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun - Comedy making fun of romance.
Cardcaptor Sakura - One of the most beautiful anime's ever drawn. It's a Shojo about a young girl gaining magic powers. All of the characters are likable.
Gintama - this is one of the funniest anime I've ever seen. Not good for beginners since the comedy is very Japanese. I cry laughing at this anime though. Start on ep 2.
Demon School Iruma-kun - If you haven't watched anime in a long time this is an easy one to get into. It reminds me of animes from the 2000's. It's about a boy who's parents sold him to a demon and now he goes to school there.

That's it for now.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 09:47:18 )
⭑given: pretty popular now but a great story with great representation. main characters are based off of kageyama and hinata from haikyuu if youve seen that. 8/10
stars align: beautiful show. handles lgbt topics beautifully with open arms. tennis! :) 10/10
mushishi: cute older show i vaguely remember watching when i was younger, amusing and similar to gintama 7.5/10
nana: i love it. trust me 11/10
kiznaiver: it's not as talked about anymore as it was back in 2016 or show but kiznaiver is a fantastic show which i'd say most similarly compares to something like owari no seraph/seraph of the end 8/10
mekakucity actors: p much vocaloid anime i guess, but not really 6/10

currently airing shows that are great:
-toilet bound hanako kun 8/10
-fruits basket season 2! haven't watched it yet

shows that will air that look worthwhile:
-yesterday wo utatte
-listeners

these arent really hidden gems so much as they are underrated

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 10:04:48 )
დ დ დ დ დ

While I'm sure most have seen these I will try and list ones that I feel aren't as mainstream (or at least ones I don't see as often. u Au)

Overlord-I really like this anime/it is my go to when I want background noise
Lovely Complex-I didn't think I would like this as much as I did, but it was actually cute. ; u; Tall girl and smol boi <333
Satsuriku no Tenshi-Dark, but was also a good watch! Another one that surprised me. u wu
Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms-Movie, BUT IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT U NEED TO SO GOOD AND THE FEELS <33 The style is also very very cute.
Eden of the East-Binge worthy, at least to me. It has a cute style+the pacing of the story is really good, at least for me.
Kiss me not him-A cute funny go-to for me, but I do like those reverse harems. >>
Kamigami no asobi-HNNNG I CAN BINGE THIS IN A DAY ANYTIME I love it so much I wish there was more, but another reverse harem.

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/27 03:07:39 )

My husband and I just recently watched Inuyashiki Last Hero. It was strange, but really good. Wholesome main character. He is an older guy and that itself isn't seen often in Anime. Only 11 episodes in it. I got teary watching the last episode.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.