Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Never give a sucker an even game.

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/17 09:54:40 )

As the ball sank into the pocket, she just smirked before taking a drink of what she had. It was a deep blood red looking drink, and she had it sitting on a ledge meant for drinks nearby.

"And that's game." She stated simply.

"I do believe you own me $250." She added as she set her drink down again.

"Fair is fair." She added. The one she'd just played snarled.

"Fair!? You fucking lied about waht you can do! I thought I was playin' a newbie." They snapped, the fact that they'd been drinking evident in his words. She just sighed.

"Oh please. My abilities and skillset regarding the game never came up." Seh started, her red eyes meeting his as she maintained a very calm and cool expression. Her words, and the fact that she wasn't losing her temper, seemed to merely irate him more.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/17 21:35:01 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Sure enough, the one she had just been playing was growing QUITE irate now. And his blood pressure was rising as well, if the flush to his cheeks and face was anything to go by. He looked to be seething and shaking with anger, and the other patrons of the bar noticed this as well.

Some were ignoring it, others were nervous and scared by it, but it seemed that the majority looked quite miffed, or angry. And it didn't look like it was towards the one that she had beaten.

The man, himself, wasn't a huge deal or anything... but he WAS considered the head honcho of all the ruffians and gangs in this part of the city. And angering him generally meant that you had a whole lot of people coming after you to worry about.

However, there was ONE patron that wasn't acting any of those ways. He was sitting at the far end of the bar, and just looked to be trying his best to continue on with his night... but he looked irritated. In general.

'Figures.' he thought. 'One of the few places I can go to without getting hassled, and THIS happens...' he mumbled internally, as he moved a long blonde bang that was sticking out of his black woollen hat away from his eye.

"Let's see where this goes." he then said to himself, keeping an eye on everything.

"I don't appreciate being cheated." the man growled at the woman. "But I'll give you a chance." he went on.

"$100. And you walk away. And never come back. And then maybe your pretty little pale face won't be smashed in." he offered/threatened her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/17 22:18:23 )

She just sighed.

"Nope. I won the full $250. I'm expecting to walk out of her with that extra in my pocket. AS you agreed you." She commented, her voice cool, calm, collected.

"I'm not going to let you or our cronies bully me.' The most she spoke, the more it became apparent that she had a bit of a brooklyn lilt to her voice.

"So how about you grow up and be mature about this?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/17 22:42:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

That seemed to do it.

That seemed to break the man.

He let out a primal scream of rage, broke the pool cue he was holding off of the nearby table, and swung it at her.

As he did this, about 65% of the bar got up, ready to join in the fight.

And the blonde man just sighed.

"Of course." he muttered, taking a drink of what he had.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/17 22:54:19 )

As he came for her, she dodged the swing super easily. It was likely something more that would piss him off, but she didn't care. She knew that she could handle whatever was thrown at her, and return it. This was nothing.

"Come on. If you're going to hit me, at least fuckin' hit me." she commented with a sigh as she dodged another swing from someone else.

"Or are you just going to get your pets to fight instead? And fight poorly at that."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/17 23:15:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man grew angrier, and threw the cue off to the side.

"All right." he said.

"You wanna have a smart mouth?" he asked.

"I'll wipe it off your face!" he declared.

He then grabbed a handful of pool balls, and whipped them at her.

While he did this, about 3 others approached her from all sides, aiming to tackle her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/17 23:22:36 )

She didn't dodge all of the balls. The last thing she wanted was to have it that she was viewed as too perfect or something

As she felt one catch her in the shoulder, and an uncomfortable (and rather painful) result from it when she felt her shoulder be knocked out of the socket, she cursed before ducking below another ball.

"Oh come on." She said, dodging those that were coming from the sides. "I'm just a delicate flower. Why are you attacking me? I did nothing to you." All the way, there was a calmness to her voice that may have come off as eerie.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/17 23:54:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

When she was hit, the leader smirked, even though she dodged the three that had leaped for her.

"You need to be taught a lesson." the leader said.

"Doesn't matter who you are or what you look like. Hustle the leader, pay for it." he told her.

"One way or another." he snarled.

Then, before he could do anything else, a cue ball smacked him in the side of the head, causing him to fall to the floor.

"Hey." the blonde-haired man said.

"Can a fella get in on this brawl?" he asked with a smirk, having now moved to a nearby pool table, tossing another ball up and down in one hand.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/18 01:11:37 )

She looked over before shrugging.... Well, kinda. With her shoulder, it was half. Shrug.

"sure thing." was all she said, inwardly sighing. She hadn't known he was there that night. She knew he haunted that place, but nothing beyond that.

"Since he's picking on me." She added with a faux chilish tone. She paused a moment before sighing ans stepping up to the downed man.

"You owe me $250.pay up or ill have the authorities on your ass for this."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/18 01:13:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man was clearly still dazed, and wasn't sure what to do here.

"Why you-" one of the patrons growled in a threatening tone... mere seconds before something flew past him. A 'thunk' was then heard, and when they looked, they saw a dart embedded in the wall.

And then where it scratched them on the cheek started to bleed a little.

"OR..." the blonde said, holding another dart.

"You can all have US to contend with, she'll get her money anyway, and you'll all be in the hospital." he added in a dark tone.

The one on the floor started to shake a little, before handing the woman his wallet.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/18 01:14:04 )

She accepted the wallet and removed the 250,plus an extra fifty as a tax for this.

"An extra fifty for my dislocated shoulder." She told him bluntly as she set his wallet down on the pool table.

"Now I'm out of here. You start shit with me again, you won't live to see the next sunrise." She promised before making her way over to where she'd left her drink l, downed it, and started to head for thr door out. On the way, she tossed the extra fifty she grabbed at the blonde that had stepped in.

" Thanks." She said simply before she was gone out the door.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/18 01:14:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He watched as she left, catching the 50.

"..." he was silent, putting some money on the bar for his drink.

"Sorry 'bout that." he apologised, before following the woman.

"Hey!" he called to her.

"Hold up a second!" he said.

"Can we talk for a moment!?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/18 01:17:55 )

She didn't stop walking until she reached a rather nice looking ride. She turned, leaned against the hood, and looked to him.

"What's up, Saber?" She asked, her voice curious as she laid her opposite hand on her shoulder. He was able to watch as she forced her shoulder back into location, and not even wince.

"Something wrong?" Seh asked as she stretched her now working properly arm.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/18 01:49:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He paused when she addressed him.

"...huh." he said.

"Shouldn't be surprised you know who I am." he muttered.

"Or, rather, I shouldn't expect anything, really." he then mumbled, shaking his head.

"Right, I don't know how to word that." he admitted.

"Regardless, that was some nice hustle you had going back there." he complimented her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/18 01:52:15 )

"Technically, I didn't do anything of the sort." She commented.

"At no point did my skill in the game or how long I've been playing ever come up." She added with a light laugh.

"But thank you. I do hustle people form time to time. Usually they're better sports about it though."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/18 02:16:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"That's what made it so brilliant." Saber replied.

"Anyway, yeah, that place is a bit of a craphole." he sighed.

"But if you want to continue some billiards, I know a great place with awesome atmosphere and friendly people." he offered.

"Won't be able to really 'hustle' anyone there, but they're all great about losing." he went on.

"Mostly because it's a place where people with a lot of money go, but they don't want to flaunt it." he then added.

"By the way, call me Jaden." he finished, smiling at her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/18 02:27:45 )

She smirked slightly.

"You sure you want to be giving your name to some random girl you've only just met?" She asked.

"For all you know I know of you, and who you are." She added before shrugging.

"or maybe I work for the triad and have been tasked with making sure you're keeping your nose clean." She paused, acquiring a bit of. Thoughtful expression.

"Names Csilla, although most people call me Vyn"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/18 02:52:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jaden just laughed.

"I'm feeling adventurous." he said.

"And if you're from the Triad, oh well." he shrugged.

"I HAVE been keeping my nose... clean..." he went on, growing silent.

"Uh..." he stammered.

"Wait." he said.

"You really DO know a lot about me, don't you?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/18 02:55:27 )

Csilla just laughed.

"I do." She told him.

"I actually do work for the Triad." She then told him. "But I wasn't tasked with anything of that sort."

"Honestly, this was just a happenstance meeting. But yes, I do know who you are, and the information that the Triad has on you."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/18 03:25:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...ah." Jaden replied.

"I see." he said.

"Well then... if you'd rather scram, I understand." he told her.

"My past is... stained... to understate it." he muttered.

"So... yeah, I'll understand if you don't want to be around me." he sighed.

"Still, have a good evening." he then added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.