Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I got sent home from work

Donator — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 20:37:35 )
Because Ive been coughing non stop

Like I really just want to make money, i dont care if im sick

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 20:44:47 )

You have to be extra careful these days :O

Admin — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 20:46:29 )
Today my manager asked me not to come in. Not because I'm sick, but because guest counts at our restaurant have been so low since the Corona Virus news started spreading that they cant afford to have the usual amount of serving staff on the floor. It's really hurting my pockets! >.<
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator — ♥? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 20:48:13 )
I truly hope you get better quickly, but it’s probably better for you and the people around you.
Also if your coughing maybe you should get checked out, better safe than sorry.

Donator — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 20:51:01 )
@sunny: Its starting to get out of hand

@Fozzy: I work at walmart, and if anything, our sales have just increased. Its silly

@Peachy: I get that, and if I had insurance i would totally get checked out, but I am always almost sick or coughing since Im a smoker

Donator — ♥? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 20:56:07 )
@kingslowpoke: ah true true!!
This is weird but I use that Vix vaporub stuff to help with congestion and just straight coughing

Damn how was Walmart yesterday for you
I work at a loblaws (another grocer)

FC SW-5104-7051-7446

Donator — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 21:05:07 )
@Peachy: omg it was awful. I work in online grocery and we hit max orders by 6am, and when I came in at 11 am, we have 11,000 items to pick.

It has been non stop busy for a week, and our whole store is basically empty

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 21:22:20 )

@Kingslowpoke: I agree with you, it is crazy here too.

Donator — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 21:24:32 )
@sunny: My biggest thing is people are getting mad at me for my store being out of things
Like im sorry our warehouse is also out of stock and not sending us anything?

We have run out of the most silly things. We have no toilet paper, paper towels, kleenex, soap, hand sanitizer, soup, pasta, hamburger meat, eggs, milk, chips, soda, bread, and water

and like i dont understand why people are buying water in bulk. The tap water where i live isnt bad at all. I drink tap water all the time and Im fine

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 21:26:23 )

@Kingslowpoke: the same things are gone from our stores too. I think people have just got desperate, and all logic has gone out the window unfortunately :/ people are panicking.

Donator — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 21:27:39 )
@sunny: I eat eggs almost every day too, which is why I am so glad that i have laying hens so I dont have to worry about running out of them

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 21:48:59 )

@Kingslowpoke: I hope you feel better.
@Fozzy: I heard that’s gphapoenung to a lot of people. I guess this is a good time to chance up in other thugs. Like cleaning, school work, Voltra etc.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 21:50:01 )
დ დ დ დ დ

Oh no on being sent home from work for being sick. :(
I think places here are starting to do that, but it also depends on if the store has people to replace you or not.
Like I had a coworker get sent home because of coughing, but I'm sicker than she is but can't go home just because there is no one to replace me.

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 21:52:51 )
@Kairie: the thing is, my department is so understaffed, we have been borrowing people from other departments. So they really cant afford to send me home. Im the fastest picker in online grocery, and my picks are accurate. And when I am dispensing, we have the quickest dispense times, since I keep everyone in check.

Like I have been praised for my hard work by them constantly, and even got the highest raise out of everyone. So me not being there is really gonna fuck them over

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 21:55:13 )
დ დ დ დ დ

@Kingslowpoke: Ouch yeah then that will really screw them over. D;
I'm surprised they sent you home even with the panic and stuff going on since if they are going to be hurting badly it will impact them negatively. ID

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 22:04:52 )
@Kairie: We've had several confirm cases of it in my city, and two other people i work with have had to be quarantined because of it, so like it makes sense.

Plus they even closed all of the school downs, and all colleges in my area have switched to online only for the remaining of the semester.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 22:06:36 )
დ დ დ დ დ

@Kingslowpoke: Aaaah same at the confirmed cases/school/and what not. I guess my job just doesn't care if they can't replace you though bc yolo.

Though it is good that your job is taking the precaution! ;o

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 22:10:45 )

@Kingslowpoke: damn it's a good thing you do have chickens. What are their names? :3

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 22:11:05 )
@Kairie: Which is weird because walmart is known as the opposite of that lol
but yeah, my boss has even said if i ever need to take a mental health day to let her know. Its really nice and I love my bosses so much
Non binary | Pansexual | Taken
02/06/20

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/14 22:13:05 )
დ დ დ დ დ

@Kingslowpoke: Oooo you're super lucky with that manager. :O
Since most walmart managers are not like that from what I remember lol

დ დ დ დ დ

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.