Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk I’m so insecure and my search for reassurance bothers people

Voltie — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 19:21:05 )
I’m annoyinly insecure lately. I seek reassurance in the smallest of things and the dumbest of situations.
I can tell it’s annoying and I don’t know how to stop.
The more I seek reassurance, the more it drives people away. The more people pull away, the more insecure I get.
It’s a vicious cycle I don’t know how to break out of.

I can feel myself nearing desperation for some cocnrete answers and reassurance, but it seems just beyond reach.

What can I do?
I've always wanted to lift a large quadraped over my head

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 19:43:41 )
it sounds like you need to find peace within yourself. you can't determine your worth based on what other people say about you.

did you do all you reasonably can be expected to do? do YOU think you did a good job? if you are happy with the work you did, then that is good enough. someone else will ALWAYS come along and say it's not enough or they would have done it some other way, even if what you did was perfect and accomplished everything it needed to. it is absolutely impossible to please everyone.

because of this, it is much better to rely on your own input. you're chasing something that is impossible to accomplish. do your best. take pride in yourself and the work you do. that has to be enough. praise yourself. tell yourself you are enough, you are worth it. say it in the mirror every morning to yourself. feels silly at first, but eventually your own praise will come naturally in your thoughts.

it is very important to be secure in yourself, and who you are as a person. but it takes time and work and effort. you've got this.

hello again

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 21:42:28 )

I agree with what kegs said. Try to find some peace within yourself.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 13:26:45 )
It's ok to be insecure. It's ok to seek reassurance. I used to have a lot of anxiety, so I can totally relate. Those that know and support you should be perfectly ok with reassuring you. The fact that you can communicate like this is so important. I used to just sit around convincing myself I was worthless and un-loved... I never told anyone about these feelings. They just got so big that they became my reality. If people pull away because you need a little reassurance to calm those negative thoughts in your head, thats on them, not you. There are tons of people out there who are more than happy to remind you that everything is ok.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.