Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums The Undercurrent Angel's retreat chat/game

Donator — He/Him. Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 22:17:13 )
Hello there! I decided to create a space in which to chat as well as play forum games!

I'd like to play first letter,last letter. The first person posts a word. The next person takes the last letter of the previous word to form a new word. Example:

Poster A: Strawberry
Poster B: Yams

Wonderful

Donator — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/17 03:20:00 )
Lively

Art by the fabulous Inatlaka!

Donator — He/Him. Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 19:25:39 )

"These make me very happy..."

Cas' wishlist (this is solely for me to keep track of what I want to buy~)

High-rise accessories:
Large bow (ice) @ 350 volts
Panda plush (head) @ 750 volts

Honey crescent hairclips (coal) @ 200 volts
Honey crescent moon sash (coal) @ 450 volts
Crescent necklace (coal and honey) @ 275 volts

City rack:
Strapless top (coal) @ 325 volts
Marshmallow puffy layered skirt (coal,cotton candy and taffy) @ 475 volts
Knit sweater (storm) @ 525 volts
House cape (coal,strawberry) @ 450 volts
Mini skirt (coal) @ 275 volts
Sleeveless dress (coal,cloud) @ 600 volts
Ruffled overdress (taffy) @ 600 volts
Kitty dress (cotton candy,taffy,coal) @ 450 volts
Seifuku short sleeved top cloud (taffy) @ 400 volts
Tube top (coal,marshmallow) @ 150 volts

Donator — He/Him. Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/9 20:59:25 )

"These make me very happy..."

RP tips

I'm not an expert on role playing,but I've been at it for quite a while,and I've learned a few things.

Character creation: My first piece of advice on this is to search the web for a blank character template. After that,I usually copy and paste it into a writing program (I use word),and fill it out. How basic or thorough of a template you want is entirely up to you! I often have trouble coming up with names right off the bat,so I'll usually jump around to various different sections at random. Maybe you already know that you want your character to have blue eyes. It's alright if the details don't come to you all at once,as it also leaves room for you to add things and/or brainstorm later. If you get stuck on this part,you could always search for a character generator. It might give you some ideas!

Backstory creation: I almost always have trouble with this one,so I tend to start by asking myself a question or two to get things started. For example, was this character raised by a single parent? If the answer is yes,why is that the case? I find that for me,doing it this way helps me figure things out better than just sitting down and expecting myself to come up with a whole backstory right away. I've seen some profiles use a method of describing the character's life at different ages. Don't be afraid to try different methods to figure out what works best for you!

World building: This is probably the area I'm worst at,as I have very little experience with this aspect. But the first thing I would do is establish a time-period. Is it present day? A not-so-distant future? Victorian times? Next,maybe determine the 'tone' of the world so to speak. Is it a peaceful land,or one ravaged by war? Perhaps it started out peaceful,but maybe someone challenged the ruler(s) and started a rebellion. Or it could be that there are no rulers and there are factions perhaps fighting to establish control.

Keeping an RP interesting: OOC (out of character) communication is key,especially for this part. The first thing you may want to establish is whether your characters know one another. Are they strangers? Friends? Lovers? Enemies? It's also good to try and compromise. Maybe your partner wants the characters to meet up in a library. You like that idea,but perhaps you'd prefer a coffee shop instead. They could start out at one place and go somewhere else! It's also important to discuss each person's limits (or things they'd rather not include in the RP. More commonly,I've heard these referred to as 'triggers.')

General tips: Don't be afraid to (politely) ask your partner(s) questions and/or brainstorm! Have fun!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.