Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 18:13:29 )
Hi yall!
I'm Miika.

I live in Greece due to work, but I'm scandinavian. My job is tech support for an antivirus company, and it fits me well as I'mm a bit of a nerrrrrd.
My interests are video games, boardgames, art (making and viewing), reading, listening to music, and talking with friends.

There's nothing special about me, really, my only marketable skill is that I'm quick to learn languages, and I'm kinda good at drawing. I mean, I lack some technique, but I have some skills.

Meh, idk, I'm really bad at these introduction things. Ask me if you want to know more?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 18:37:29 )

@Miika: hi there! Welcome to Voltra love! <3 I hope that you enjoy yourself here!

Voltie — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 18:41:53 )
@Bonnie: Thank you! I need to explore the shops and slap together an avatar soon, can't keep being a naked person forever lol

Voltie — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 18:47:44 )
@kiwi: Greece is pretty neat. I live in a very charming suburd of Athens called Moschato. There are orange trees in the streets, and the buildings are so charming. People are superfriendly to me and my brother becuase we're foreigners and tip well when we can.

Voltie — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 18:55:14 )
@kiwi: I've only been here for three weeks, so it's all still relatively new. Oh and the food is amazeballs. Even the pizza is better here than it was in Denmark

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 19:17:07 )

@Miika: that’s true! Lol. So how is it living in Greece? Is it as magical as it sounds?

Voltie — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 19:40:21 )
@Bonnie: It's great as long as you're not scared of traffic and you don't need to go to a hospital, haha. The food is amazing and affordable, and the weather is great so far.

@kiwi: Denmark was great when it came to healthcare, but other than that it's a bit meh. It rained all the time, and seeing as I was on disability I could barely afford edible food.

The pay here in Greece is less than I made on Danish disability, but with rent and food being way cheaper, I'll actually be able to set a good sum of money aside each month. My goal is to save up enough money to attend my sister's wedding in august

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 20:05:13 )

@Miika: wow that’s really cool! My husband works in tech too. He’s an automation engineer.
Welcome to Voltra. I think that you will fit right in.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 20:06:08 )

@Miika: there are ups and downs I suppose! The affordable food is amazing though! XD I spend a large majority of my money on food

bloop

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 21:44:00 )
@Miika: hello! Welcome to Voltra!
Nerdy people are the best people.
I have no particular skills with computers or technology, but I consider myself nerdy in other ways.
I’m like, a fantasy/supernatural nerd or something. XD

Anyway, I hope you like it here. I look forward to seeing you around!

Ps...
If you haven’t yet, check out the newbie guide: https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/969
Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 21:52:20 )
@Miika: welcome to voltra, how is it over in Greece, I used to have a few friends over in Greece. But lost contact.

Voltie — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 20:03:39 )
@Unicorn: Greece is great. The weather is getting warmer now, but it's not unberably hot yet.
People are friendly, but drive like they're insane, haha

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 20:17:04 )
@Miika: that is very interesting to hear about people being nice bit drive like there insane, glad to hear that the weather is warming up atleast.does it normally get pretty hot there?

Voltie — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 20:24:03 )
@Unicorn: I'm told it can go as high as 45Celcius in the summer.
I can barely tolerate 30, haha

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 20:26:38 )
@Miika: Ooh wow and that is interesting it is to be like 60° here on Sunday

Voltie — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 20:32:56 )
@Unicorn: Fahrenheit, I hope? 60 Degrees Celcius would be a killer. Literally.
I've always wanted to lift a large quadraped over my head

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 21:17:57 )
@Miika: yes 60°F giggles. Sorry about that.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.