Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Yo. Just checking this out.

Donator — He him his Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/18 02:36:49 )
Hey πŸ‘‹πŸΌ Brand new, so I apologize for my bumly appearance πŸ˜‚ I noticed this kinda reminded me of Gaia so thought I’d check it out. Nice to meet you all.

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/18 02:41:50 )
qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜…,qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜…ο½‘ο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜…,qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜… qο½₯:*:

@XxReijixX: Nice to meet you too! I hope that you have a good time here! Everyone is extremely nice and welcoming and I know that you will feel right in

Donator — He him his Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/18 02:46:18 )
@kaichoukai: Thank you, it’s a pleasure to meet you too. I look forward to it, a nice community makes all the difference πŸ™‚

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/18 03:08:23 )
❀___❀___❀___❀___❀

@XxReijixX: Hi there! Nice to meet you! <3 I really hope that you enjoy yourself on Voltra. I find the avatars really cute and interesting and the people extremely nice and kind!

❀___❀___❀___❀___❀

Donator — He him his Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/18 03:10:46 )
@bonnie: Thank you πŸ™πŸ» love the horns and ears btw. The avatars do look quite well done, I agree. I can’t wait until I can really invest in mine.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/18 03:13:44 )
❀___❀___❀___❀___❀

@XxReijixX: Thank you! The Horns are from the item Taurus. They come with the flowers attached, which are really cute. The ears are from an Event Item called Cool Mint. They are very interesting! I cannot wait to see what you come up with! <3

❀___❀___❀___❀___❀

bloop

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/18 03:40:54 )
@XxReijixX: hellooo welcome to Voltra!

what's it like learning culinary arts?

● ● ● e

Donator — He him his Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/18 03:43:57 )
@eerie: Very fulfilling. Nothing brings people together like good food. Also, being raised in a financially poor family, I just wanted to bring something humble but satisfying into their life. I was raised on bland chicken and canned food πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I needed to explore better options.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/18 03:49:11 )
@XxReijixX: ahh that sounds so wholesome
I have no cooking skills. it's always such a mystery

● ● ● e

Donator — He him his Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/18 03:53:55 )
@eerie: everyone starts somewhere. Before I got into studying culinary arts, my best attempts were of the microwaved varieties lol and I’ve still got quite a ways to go before I’m confident in my skills.

Donator — Trashboat Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/18 03:57:41 )
@XxReijixX: nice to meet you, welcome to voltra ^_^

Donator — He him his Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/18 04:03:34 )
@laufeia: Thank you πŸ™‚ your avatar’s design and color is aesthetically pleasing

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/18 04:10:20 )
@XxReijixX: what do you guys do? learn specific kitchen skills and then dishes?

● ● ● e

Donator — He him his Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/18 04:17:25 )
@eerie: A lot of book work first, learning about traditional cuisines from several different countries, preparation techniques, the “mother sauces” etc. After that there was practical training on how to utilize a knife correctly, how to sharpen one, and so on. Eventually we got to the point of actually cooking dishes selected from our professors. What we cooked depended on the topic we were learning, for example, I had a Techniques of Healthy Cooking class that taught us many substitutions for some food recipes if you were trying to recreate a dish but lessen it’s fat or sugar content, or omit an ingredient someone is allergic to. I also had an international cuisine class where we developed our own menu based on another country, and then the entire class cooked it, it was awesome. I chose Siberia because I love a challenge πŸ˜‚

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/18 04:25:22 )
@XxReijixX: ah cool cool. I do enjoy book learning haha trying to pick up things I should do to actually learn to cook. it feels like such an adult skill to have
what are the traditional foods of siberia? o:

● ● ● e

Donator — Trashboat Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/18 04:33:56 )
@XxReijixX: lol thank you!! I think so too x3 I love the artists we have here!
Shop | Hangout | Quest

Donator — He him his Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/18 04:37:14 )
@eerie: a lot of stuff involving root vegetables like potatoes, carrots, beets, etc since they can survive the harsh weather there. For the menu I created, we made Borche which is a very beautiful red beet soup, and difficult to make because it can stain everything lol. Also pickled veggies, such as mushrooms and onions.

We also made pelmeni, which is like a small dumpling you can fill with pretty much anything and either fry, boil or bake them. We filled them with venison and fresh dill.

They have some very unique cuisine there that no one in the class was willing to try, so I steered clear of those lol such as meat jelly or blini with caviar.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/18 04:41:32 )
@XxReijixX: ohhh this all sounds familiar haha. I spent a couple months in Russia/Siberia. like a month in St Petersburg but then also a month in Siberia (my ex's hometown was there) |D I did try borscht while I was there. and soooo so many dumplings. I don't know if they were pelmeni specifically, but that vision of dill is bringing back memories. and sour cream.

I also did not try any meat jelly while I was there xD

● ● ● e
I'm the master of me and isn't the thought enough to lift you off of the ground?

Donator — He him his Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/18 04:44:42 )
@eerie: That’s incredible, I would have loved to visit Siberia personally and tried the food before developing my menu. Personally I don’t think I could try meat jelly, though I’ve heard it’s incredibly nutritious lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/18 08:49:14 )

@XxReijixX: Hi welcome. This place is like an old-school Gaia. The community is nice so just jump on in!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.