Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Travelling with Death

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 02:09:27 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

He was tired.

Weak, and tired.

But he kept moving. His small body pushed him forward, with a single goal; move forward. Put as much ground behind him as possible. Make sure the distance behind him continued to go up.

And at this point, that was all that was keeping him going... right up until he was running through a thick forest, tripped over a large root, fell to the ground, and just... stayed there.

He was so tired, and his body hurt. Even falling to the ground was a welcome rest.

However, he soon heard sounds of what seemed to be a battle nearby.

"...huh?" he mumbled, before shakily getting to his feet and making his way towards where he'd heard the sounds.

His ears led him to a clearing near the edge of the woods, with some large boulders at around the perimeter of it. He found one of the larger ones and hid behind it, before poking his head out to see what was going on.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 02:15:46 )

When he looked around the large boulder, he saw what looked to be a lady (their back was too him, so he couldn't be completely sure) that has short dark hair, and looked to be almost topless as she had nothing but her skirt and a corset on... both looking quite ratty.

He watched as someone came at her, and she dodged them rather skillfully, but ended up being caught by someone else that she hadn't accounted for. The one who had her said something he completely missed, befor ebring a sword up. She didn't looked scared though - as he could clearly see that she was indeed a she - instead, she looked absolutely unimpressed. Her face was... weird too. It didn't look right. After a few seconds, he was able to watch her face seem to split into too as her grin grew.

"Ahhh, nicely done." She sahid, and he was barely able to catch it.

"You just gave me the one thing you shouldn't have." She then said before falling silent for a moment. She had all she needed to deal with that one, as he'd made a proclamation that was rather advantageous for her. He was the boss of that group, and gave his name. That's all she needed to stop him, specifically.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 02:44:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....what...?" the kid mumbled to himself.

He felt like he should help her, but... he also felt like he didn't need to. She seemed to be fairly confident in her chances and abilities... and he somehow felt like she was justified in so.

Meanwhile, the one that she was speaking to just growled.

"Arrogant until the end!" he said.

"How very fitting for a monster!" he declared.

He then brought his sword up, and made a slashing motion, looking like he was aiming to behead her.

The child, meanwhile, seemed to freeze where he was, stunned to see this unfold.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 02:51:49 )

As he swiped the blade across her throat, he found it went far easier than expected. So much so that her head came right off.

But her body didn't drop.

He was holding her head, but her body didn't drop as one would expect it to.

Instead, that spli in her face seemed to grow to be the entirety of it. Moments later, the head and face laughed. Before he could probably react, she spokje what it was that she needed, his name.

She sounded completely different, there was darkness to her voice, along with an ethereal echo. And as she spoke his name, the child could see something coming from him.

What it was... he could identify easier than he'd like to be able to, and knew he could strictly because of his mana, his family line.

It was his soul.

As she finished his name, he dropped, along with her head - which rolled away from the body.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 03:06:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The child was silent and still for a moment, before the screams of the leader's cohorts jolted him back to reality.

He ducked down behind the rock, but didn't look away. He just pressed himself up against the rock and didn't dare poke his head out again. Not until the screams and yells stopped, anyway.

And it took a while for them to stop.

It sounded like absolute carnage out there, with immeasurable pain, but he stayed where he was.

At this point, he was afraid to move.

He didn't want to be seen by anyone, for fear that he might get sucked into this.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 03:17:01 )

He was there, hiding, daring to barely breathe, for long enough he couldn't properly ascertain the timing before he heard a voice from the are of his feet.

"Hey kid. Any chance you can pass me over to the useless one there?" her voice was rather.... Friendly, which was rather jarring considering everything he saw and heard before.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 03:30:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He jumped slightly and whirled around, seeing that the voice had come from... the woman's head.

Her head was there, and had just spoken to him.

Now, if she had expected him to scream and run... she would have been wrong. Instead, he just nodded slowly.

"S-sure." he got out.

He then stepped forward and picked the head up in his arms, before stepping out from behind the boulder.

He started to walk over towards the body that was there, his steps slow, but steady.

"Uh... so... so how is this... gonna happen?" he asked.

"Do I just... hand you to it...? Or... you to yourself...? Or... I don't know how to say it." he admitted in a quiet tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 03:32:38 )

The head was silent before he met the body part way.

"Just pass me over." The head told him honestly. As he did so, the body accepted the head and placed it back where it should be - atop her neck and between her shoulders.

"Now, kid, you wouldn't happen to have seen where my ribbon went through all that, did you?" She asked with a small, almost hesitant, laugh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 04:07:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He paused for a moment.

"A ribbon?" he asked.

He then leaned in close to her... closer than expected, and perhaps a bit... uncomfortably close... before withdrawing.

Then, before she could say anything, he was gone. And by that, he dashed off... far quicker than anything she'd ever seen before. He was practically gone from sight in a second or two.

"Is it black!?" she heard him call out from the forest.

"With a weird pattern on it!?' he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 04:09:05 )

She paused a moment, holding her neck and just sighing.

"That was... interesting..." she muttered before he called out.

"Yeah!" She responded.

"You find it!?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 04:24:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She was met with silence, before the kid dashed back, as quickly as he disappeared.

He was holding a black ribbon.

"Here." he said, handing it to her.

"Is this the one?" he asked.

"I mean, I can't see there being any OTHER ribbons around here..." he admitted, looking around.

"I don't THINK so, anyway..." he mumbled further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 04:29:46 )

She was silent before she accepted the ribbon.

"Perfect." She said before letting go of her head, and bringing the ribbon up to her neck. As she did so, he was able to see the blue flames that were licking through the separation, at least until the ribbon was affixed.

"Thank you." She said with a nod before looking him from head to toe.

"... what are you doing around here, anyhow?" She asked. "This... really isn't where one would expect to find a child."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 04:46:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The child seemed to be taken in by her... and she swore she saw him looking at her neck... before her question caused him to snap back to reality.

"Ah!" he exclaimed.

"Oh, n-nothing." he replied.

"Just... just out. In nature." he said.

"Is... is that so bad?" he asked her.

"I mean, is it... am I doing something wrong?" he asked further, fear in his tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 04:48:08 )

She shook her head, it staying on as if it were supposed to be properly attached like his own.

"Not necessarily." She responded.

"Probably not the best though. When's the last time you ate? You look to be skin and bones." She added, looking him up and down.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 05:18:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....ate?" he asked.

He then paused for a moment.

"Uhhhhhhhh..." he mumbled.

"I... uh..." he stammered.

"When... when did I find those berries...?" he wondered.

"A few nights ago...?' he went on, before sighing.

"I don't know, maybe then?" he responded, shrugging slightly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 05:20:34 )

She just sighed lightly.

"Yeah... how about I feed you?" she asked.

"You ever ride a horse before?" Followed a few seconds later.

"Because if no, then we can definitely get somewhere quicker." She continued.

"If not, then we'll walk. We're not horribly far from the nearest town. Cople days, I think."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 05:40:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." he was silent, and thought for a moment.

"A horse?" he asked.

"A few times." he answered.

"I mean, I can keep my balance on a wild animal that's thrashing around and trying to knock me off and kill me." he told her.

"Does that count?" he asked.

As he spoke, she could sense his hesitation, his... almost fear.

Like he was scared of answering her. In general.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 05:42:43 )

She was silent for a moment before whistling. Before she could say anything, and before he could, an ethereal steed came through the trees.

"You can ride in front of me." She told him honestly.

"To make sure you don't fall off." She added.

"All right?" She wasn't sure if the fact that her clothing was rather... destroyed... would make it awkward for him or not.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 06:06:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Again, the child was silent... but she saw amazement and wonderment in his eyes.

"Woooooah...!" he exclaimed.

"That... is... SO awesome!" he said further.

"That looks SO cool!" he went on, almost bouncing on the balls of his feet.

He looked to the woman, and smiled.

"I can really ride this!?" he asked her, before pausing suddenly... and growing a frightening expression.

"...more..." he said quietly.

"There are more coming..." he told her.

"And they're angry... very angry..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 06:10:53 )

She paused.

". . . really not surprised." She muttered before just sighing. She didn't say anything other than a quick 'sorry' and grabbing him and deftly climbing aboard the equine with him in front. It wasn't super graceful, but at least they were up, and riding away, before the group reached them.

"You ok?" She asked after about half an hour, when they slowed to a speedy, yet more reasonable, pace .

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.