Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk 2020 is off to a rough start

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/9 03:07:56 )
。・:*:・゚,。・:*:・゚。・:*:・゚,。・:*:・゚ 。・:*:

I feel like there is so much going on in life right now. Two weeks ago, I got out of a six year relationship, my job has been so busy with paperwork upon paperwork (I am a special education teacher, which means working on big legal documents all the time), trying to find an apartment because I do not have a permanent residence right now. This is all more than a person my age should deal with all at once. I have finished all my major yearly meetings for my caseload students but now all of the parents are coming after me it seems because I cannot do their children any justice. It isn't all my fault, we simply cannot provide everything the parents want, but it feels like I have to take all of the bullets they shoot my way because I can't dodge them.

There is a positive, I have possibly found a place where I can live from the end of February to the beginning of August at a very affordable price. The timeline is great because I can move in with my best friend come August then. I am touring Wednesday and if I can sign for the sublet there and then, I move in the week after. This also means I can finally adopt a cat too. I am adopting a cat to sort of fill the void of not having a significant other... the last time I was single was about ten years ago...

I hope things get better... We aren't even a month and a half into the year... Please let it go uphill, I will do my best to make sure it does, but whatever forces that be need to help me out a little too...

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/9 03:32:14 )
aw I'm sorry to hear that there's been so much for you to handle lately.

parents are hard to deal with. I'm sure you know it's not you. you sound like you're doing the best you can with what you have to work with

fingers crossed for your new temporary apartment! and possible cat. cats are good

e

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/9 04:24:46 )

@kaichoukai: wow that’s a lot to handle. I know you can get through it though.
2020 has been rough for me too but I’m sure it will turn around for us both soon.

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/9 05:45:28 )
。・:*:・゚,。・:*:・゚。・:*:・゚,。・:*:・゚ 。・:*:

@eerie: Thank you for your kind words ;; I really appreciate them! I will make sure to keep ppl updated on the apartment and cat situation. Gonna post about the good news when it finally comes around after all this bad bad news aha.....

@Totalanimefan: I hope it gets better for you soon too! Life is so full of ups and downs but we got this.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/9 06:32:54 )
I believe in you! things always pass

e
I'm the master of me and isn't the thought enough to lift you off of the ground?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/9 06:34:23 )

@kaichoukai: thank you <3
Yeah we totally got this.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.