Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Favorite words?

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 20:49:19 )

Some of my favorite English words are cacophony, serendipity, eloquent, and chagrin. For Korean, a few of my favorites are 장미 (rose), 눈물 (tears), and 아름답다/아름다워/아름다운 (to be beautiful/beautiful). I don't really know why, but I just like how they sound~

What are some of your favorite words?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 23:54:55 )

Decadent, fragility, serene, luminescent, and like you eloquent. They all have a pretty sound in my opinion.

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/28 00:07:14 )

@starlight: I really love the word epiphany.

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/28 00:07:45 )

@KDA Drew: Void does sound evil. It makes me think of the void eggs and chickens from Stardew Valley~

@Cup: I like the word luminescent a lot as well! Luminescence too

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/28 00:10:35 )

@inatlaka: Epiphany is a good one. Although, I used to not pronounce that word correctly in my head when I'd read it as a child, but one day I finally connected it to the word I'd heard spoken. The correct pronunciation is definitely better~
★~~Questing~~★

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/28 00:16:40 )

@starlight: yes! jejej I learned that word in high school. I think I was about 16.

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/28 01:59:15 )
my favourite spanish word is desafortunadamente, i guess i just like the flow of the syllables?
i like words like onomatopoeia, parabola, anthropomorphic, etc. for the same reason :D

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/28 13:50:26 )
Cellar Door, for obvious reasons...
And Pocket, because of the way it sounds when you repeat it super fast. Poketpocketpocket.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.