Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games RPG Maker Games!!

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/11 10:24:25 )
What are your favorite?? Are you playing any currently?? My favorite is Wadanohara and The Deep Blue Sea. I'm playing a couple of games rn actually lmao

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/11 12:54:23 )
@rosehip: Been years since I've played any lol they used to be my jam, though.

Top favorites are Wadanohara and Ib, only ones I finish all the way through. Actually played Ib more than once lol

Loved the visuals in the little bit of Yume Nikki I played, too. Also, heard Lisa and Corpse Party are worth looking into

What are some of your favorites? Might hop on 'em again B)

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/11 13:03:44 )
@McMoney: Oh, dude, Corpse Party is 100% worth it. Here are several of my favorites, in no particular order:

[1] 1bitHeart
    [2] The Witch's House
    [3] Mermaid Swamp
    [4] Misao
    [5] Paranoiac
    [6] Blank Dream
    [7] Mogeko Castle
    [8] Gray Garden
    [9] All 3 LiEat games
    [10] At The Tale End

And all of these can be found translated to english here.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/11 16:41:12 )
@rosehip: My laptop broke before I could finish Corpse Party!! Hoping to try it out again, but work eats up so much time lol

Totally forgot about Witch's House!! I fuckin' loved that one, man

Haven't heard of a lot of these tbh. Thanks for the suggestions, never hurts to have more games :)

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/11 17:19:22 )

@rosehip: I do not play games, but there was a time I watched tons of let's plays and gamers and ugh just reading those titles is nostalgic. I also loved a lot of their soundtracks, particularly Ib and The Witch's House. Spool of Thread and Ib Theme forever lol. Paranoiac is great btw. Mogeko castle... Well, it happened and that's all I have to say. Shoutout to The Crooked Man and Mad Father.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/12 03:56:24 )
@McMoney: If you liked The Witch's House, I suggest going for Mermaid Swamp next. It's got a similar vibe C:

@Cup: Lmao it's understandable, Mogeko Castle and the other games by Deep-Sea Prisoner aren't for everybody.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/12 10:19:22 )
@rosehip: Really digging the name of that one, too lol. I'll be sure to give it a look!
Wow I'm really forgetting the names of a lot of these. Mad Father and Crooked Man were big faves, too.
Ooo OFF was crazy. Another favorite, there <3

I only got six more hours of work left before I can sleep and play games :')

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 02:04:49 )
@McMoney: The people that made The Crooked Man also made Mermaid Swamp! They recently remade it, actually!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 13:21:32 )

rosehip:
@McMoney: The people that made The Crooked Man also made Mermaid Swamp! They recently remade it, actually!

Yup. And Paranoiac too.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 16:33:07 )
@Cup: I just replayed Mermaid Swamp and I was thinking about going back to Paranoiac. Apparently they changed the story a little??

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 20:00:39 )

@rosehip: Are you talking about the remake? I don't know if the story is different but the graphics and sprites sure did. The furnitre and rooms ain't so humongous anymore.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/15 19:32:58 )
@rosehip:
@Cup:

really appreciate the game suggestions, guys! thank you so much :)
i'll definitely check more of their games out. If the story is anywhere near as eerie as the crooked man, feel like i'm in for a treat with these.

didn't know you could pack that much into that program. great story, pretty art, and multiple endings. crazy how this stuff is free lol

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/15 21:41:12 )

@McMoney: Oh yes, a lot of them are creepy indeed. I love the "rpg maker horror game aesthetic" that some of them. It's like a specific vibe. You know what I'm saying?

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/16 13:58:45 )

@Cup: Oh, durr, yeah, I'm talking about the remake lmao from some of the walkthroughs I looked at, it looks like some of the events happen differently??

@McMoney: Right?? I've always kinda wanted to make my own games with RPG Maker -v-

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/16 17:17:39 )
@Cup: i didn't think it'd be its own genre but i totally get ya lol. Never played horror games quite like the RPG maker ones.
They definitely got their own vibe, it's hard to explain. Like, the storytelling has to shine through and scare you to make up for the lack of detail with the graphics.
Idk man, the people who make these games are artists like no other lol

@rosehip:
The idea is nice but maaaan, I don't know a single thing about making sprites or programming games lmfao. Just looking into the folders for these games makes me dizzy. So much stuff going on omg

If you're into that stuff, you should totally give it a shot, though!! You got people who would help test it for sure ;) lol

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/16 18:12:56 )

@McMoney: So true, and sometimes the fact that there is a lack of detail in the graphics makes it creepier.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/17 10:34:32 )

@McMoney: I messed with it a little while back, actually. I kiiinda get the gist on how to make tile sets, and it's uh kinda tedious lmao.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/18 19:39:50 )
@Cup: the unknown shit always gets ya.
That, and the jumpscares lol. People can draw some crazy scary stuff. Love it lmfao

@rosehip: yiiiikes. like staring at the floor wasn't boring enough, you gotta MAKE the floors lol.

It takes time and work for sure, man. If you can figure all that out, props to ya. Some seriously impressive stuff

If you mess with it again, should ping and show off some WIPs and stuff. Would be cool, love pixel art :)

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/18 21:26:43 )

@McMoney: My pixel art isn't great rn, but I've been practicing!! That's why I love sites like these -v- got some primo pixel art here

instagram | deviantart
shop | hangout

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/21 17:05:36 )
@rosehip: practice will make it happen, man. I'm sure your stuff looks great btw ;0
Man, I never got into avi sites before my boyfriend showed me this one. The items, styles, and art were too damn good to pass up on

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.