Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk There is now almost a stabbing incident each day in our country

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 17:12:28 )

Yeh almost each day I read now how someone is stabbed and in most cases deadly. But what is shocking is that most of the suspects are 13-18 years old. A guy who took money from a ATM machine was stabbed to death by a 15 year and a 16 year old. Just for a bit a cash.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 21:44:12 )

That is really sad. I don’t know about your country but I’m America crime is actually way down since the 90’s but people feel like it’s happening more because of the news. I don’t know how to solve the problem though. Education?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/27 00:10:13 )

@Totalanimefan: There was an article that said that part has to do with rappers from Chicago and the way the act in their video's. And the stuff they rap about. It's part of the hiphop-subgenre drill. In the UK they are dealing with the same thing.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/27 00:46:01 )

@vengeance: that’s BS. People don’t do things because of a song. It’s more about how they are hanging out with, their home life, and lack of education. Unfortunately a lot of people like to blame black culture instead of systemic problems in America. And I’m not blaming you at all. I’m just tired of white people perpetuating black stereotypes. (Disclaimer I am white).

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/27 01:07:20 )
Where I am in the US nearly all murders are gang related. It is very safe in the United States as long as you don't get involved with crime. Stabbings happen too but you do not hear about them as much because guns are much more reported. I know knife crime is very bad in parts of Europe and in London it is very high. They also have acid attacks in London as well, particularly the muslim areas! Very scary!

I have never been near a shooting but the news reports all the time in the bad areas of town.
https://streamable.com/l8ysz

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/27 11:43:51 )

@Totalanimefan: I was reading two other articles and one was about a guy who did research on gangs and drill rap and he said "it just so happens that much of the gang violence is driven by drill rap. ".
Article 1 & Article 2

In America they are trying to take down drill rappers. Getting them removed from Youtube etc. “They want to keep us trapped”: drill group 67 on the obstacles they’ve overcome to release vital new mixtape ‘The 6’

@TomYum: Yeh those acid attacks are also bad. I read that on november 14, 366 mass shootings had already happened in the US.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.