Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature finding the plot

Voltie — they/he/it Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/15 11:31:47 )
[Locked due to 6+ months of inactivity! If you'd like this thread unlocked to revive, bplease don't hesitate to PM a mod, or submit a support ticket. Thanks!]

i have a handful of characters i created in middle school who have essentially grown up with me. i want to finally do them the justice i think they deserve and write an actual story for them. i have an idea for a setting, and i've spent a good couple years building the world and finding a place in it for each of the characters. the issue is, i don't know what the hell should happen. i don't have any antagonist characters, and i only have vague ideas for why characters would start a journey-- but not where the journey would take them. how do you figure out what to do with your characters?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/15 11:47:20 )

@misery: Through random ideas. Literally.
My mountain of characters have one main antagonist... and she was born because I was trying to explain why the hell my one character went from not being a catgirl... to being a catgirl (genetic experimentation). had to come up with a logical reasoning for that, so.... she was experimented on.

Said woman who did that though is..... a right... uhh.... hmmm...
She's a character. To put it nicely. Lol.
And as a result, the main goal of the characters (most, anyway) are to band together and stop her before she destroys more lives than she already has.

Oh, and the biggest way I do is RP'ing with Colin here on Volt. lol

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/15 20:42:34 )

@misery: it's easier to envision the character once you know what they look like, what kind of world they belong in, etc.
what do they look like? then go from there. that kind of thing. if you look up character questionnaires online, those can help too

banner by Ruby ❤️

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.