Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Testing, 1, 2, 3 My Test Thread

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/26 06:22:16 )
Eyes

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 02:42:57 )
Common Hair
Clicking on any hair in this post will take you to its page in the shop!

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 17:17:43 )
Uncommon Hair
Images in this post are taken from the museum thread.
Clicking on an image will link you to the relevant post in the museum thread.

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 01:20:25 )
★Examples★

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 07:36:10 )
★Previous Customers★

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 18:23:06 )
A few people expressed interest in having a quest bar like the one I made in my sig, so I decided to set up this little shop! They're just little bars/boxes you can put in your signature to show the items you're currently questing. This shop is pay what you want, which means you can pay as much or as little as you'd like. You can also pay nothing at all if you'd prefer!

Just fill out this simple form if you'd like one:
@Starlight:
[b]Items You Want In The Box:[/b] (Up to 10 items)
[b]Colors:[/b] (Feel free to give specific hex codes!)
[b]Additional Notes/Requests:[/b]

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 18:27:14 )
-

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/6 18:28:17 )

@Starlight:
Items You Want In The Box: (Up to 10 items)
Colors: (Feel free to give specific hex codes!)
Additional Notes/Requests:

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/7 00:59:34 )

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/7 01:03:17 )

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 03:49:07 )
★~~Questing~~★

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 04:02:50 )
★~~Questing~~★

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 04:04:39 )

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 03:28:40 )
1.5M Milestone (Impish Delight)
1.5k User Milestone (V-Crew)
100k Milestone (USB Hoodie)
1k Members Milestone (Guardian Static)
1m Milestone (Voltra Royalty)
2.5K Volties Milestone (Guardians)
250k Milestone (City Scape)
25k Milestone (Charge Up!)
2k User Milestone (Bernard)
400k Milestone (Frizzy Slippers)
500 Members Milestone (Frizz)
500k Milestone (Enchanting Guardian)
50k Milestone (Headset)
750k Milestone (Dream Keeper)
AOTW Crown
AOTW Grand Prize Check
AOTW Participation Ribbon
AOTW Stage
AOTW Trophy
Acrobat
Adventurer
Alchemist
Alice
Alpha 10k Milestone (poop!)
Alpha 5k Milestone (boob or dood!?)
Ancient Splendor
Angel Imp
Angelic
Aquamarine
Aquarius
Aquatic Visit
Arachnocratic
Astrologer
Astronautic Heartbreak
Autumnal Spruce
Avian Misery
Ballad of the Bard
Bard
Beach Babe
Beach Background
Bearboozled
Bearly Cute
Beast Master
Bernard
Berry Citrus
Berserker
Best Bag Ever
Big Bang
Bird of Paradise
Bird of Prey
Blossom
Botanist
Bouncer
Bountiful Cornucopia
Bountiful Harvest
Braids Soft and Silky
Breezy
Bride of Death
Bubblegum
Bubblenaut
Bud
Bun Bun
Butterfly Kisses
Campsite Tales
Cancer
Candies Glazing
Candy Cane Lane
Candy Cane Staff
Candy Corn Witch Belt
Candy Corn Witch Broom
Candy Corn Witch Hat
Candy Corn Witch Shoes
Candy Corn Witch Stockings
Capricorn
Caramel
Card Knight
Carnation
Catcher
Caterpillar
Celestial Shadow
Cerf Lumineux
Challenge The Leaf
Chemically Powered
Cherry Sundae Witch
Cheshire
Cheshire Cabaret
Children to Love
Chocolate Coin
Chords For Singing
Chrysanthemum
Chrysaora Witch
Cirque™ Carnival Foods
Cleric
Clown
Conchious Swimmer
Cool Duck Floatie

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 06:36:35 )
Rules
1. To keep it simple, all items will be sold for their lowest price guide price. If an item is not in the price guide or doesn't have a price listed, then just ask about the price.
2. All items are first come first served.
3. Volts and ohms are accepted. Ohms are valued at 20 volts each.
4. Please wait for me to send you a trade after you post the items you're interested in buying. Do not send me a trade.

Alice
Ancient Splendor
Angelic
Autumnal Spruce
Ballad of the Bard
Bearboozled
Bearly Cute
Berry Citrus
Bird of Prey
Botanist
Bride of Death
Bubblenaut
Catcher
Cheshire Cabaret
Chrysaora Witch
Corrupted Ichor
Cybernetic Guard
Demonic
Doggo of Death
Dreams of Delight
En Garde
Encore

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 23:27:14 )
Language Learning Lounge

During the last event some of us were talking about language learning, and I saw someone propose the idea of a thread for language learning discussion. It seemed like a good idea to me, so I decided to make this hangout! Feel free to discuss language learning, offer advice, update us on your progress, recommend resources, converse in your target language with other learners*, and talk about non-language learning topics as well!

*If you choose to converse in a language other than English, make sure to follow this forum rule:
"Users must use English as the main language of Voltra. If another language is used, you must make sure to avoid spelling mistakes so that it can be easily translated for review, or that you provide a translation alongside your main post inside a spoiler."

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 23:33:26 )
Language Learner List

This is a list of users who are learning a languages/languages and the language or languages they're learning! If you'd like to be added to the list, just make a post in this thread stating the language or languages you're learning. Feel free to state other information, such as your native language(s), your levels in the languages you're learning, and anything else you feel is important to note.

Starlight
Native Language: English
Target Languages: Korean (intermediate) and Russian (beginner)

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 23:37:10 )
Language-Specific Resources

Feel free to suggest resources for specific languages and give reasons as to why you recommend them.
I'll add them to this post as they're suggested.

🇰🇷Korean🇰🇷
Talk To Me In Korean
This is a pretty popular site among Korean learners. They also have a YouTube channel and various books you can buy. I used the site (free version) and watched some of their YouTube videos for a short time when I was beginner, and I do think it's pretty good for beginners. I never used any of their books though, so I can't comment on them.

How to Study Korean
This is another site I used as a beginner, and I also used it as a reference to look up grammar points from time to time. I think it's a pretty good resource, so I recommend checking it out.

Korean Grammar in Use
This is a series of books that teaches Korean grammar. I found some PDFs of these books online along with the audio and worked through all three of them making Anki cards for the grammar and vocabulary as I went. If you enjoy studying grammar, then I definitely recommend this series. I know some language learners don't enjoy focusing on grammar as much though, so you might not like these books if you fall into the category.

Naver Dictionary
This is the main dictionary I use for Korean.

Naver Papago
A translator

🇷🇺Russian🇷🇺
Real Russian Club
This is a YouTube channel run by a woman named Daria. She posts videos explaining grammar, speaking in slow Russian, reading children's books, and so on. I've watched some of her videos, and I've found them helpful. If I don't feel like I fully understood a grammar point after learning about it from the book I'm using, then I'll watch a video of hers about it.

Boost Your Russian
This is another YouTube channel that seems good. Her slow Russian videos where she goes over the dialogue from a movie/video clip are of particular interest to me. I'll probably use them more once I'm slightly farther along in my studies.

The New Penguin Russian Course: A Complete Course for Beginners
I saw this book recommended a lot, so I found a PDF of it, and I've been using it as my main book for learning Russian. The one downside is that it doesn't have audio.

Yandex
Good for translating, giving the definitions of words, and giving example sentences.

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 23:53:39 )
General Resources

These are resources that aren't specific to just one language. Feel free to suggest any that you think should be here.

Anki
"Anki is a free and open-source flashcard program using spaced repetition, a technique from cognitive science for fast and long-lasting memorization." -Wikipedia

Forvo
Forvo is a pronunciation dictionary. You can search words, phrases, and sentences to see if anyone has uploaded themselves saying the given word, phrase, or sentence. Users can request pronunciations of words, phrases, and sentences, and other users can upload their pronunciations. I use this site to get audio for some of my Anki cards.

Refold
"The Refold roadmap is a step-by-step guide for learning any language from scratch. We explain exactly how to combine media, strategic study, and educational technologies to achieve high-level language fluency faster than any other method in the world."
If you're new to language learning, then I think there's a lot of helpful tips here as to how to go about learning a language. Of course, everyone has their own methods, and I only recently learned about this site myself, so use the info on this site it if you'd like, and don't use it if you don't want to.

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/4 17:51:07 )
Song Recommendations

I love music, so I enjoy listening to songs in my target languages. If you'd like to recommend some songs(in any language), just post them in the threads, and I'll add them to this post!

🇰🇷Korean🇰🇷

🇷🇺Russian🇷🇺
★~~Questing~~★

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.