Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops Winners Posted

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/25 23:50:54 )

@Saerya: | Kaia Fyrane

Overall Interest - 4/5 - I love the expression, the pose and the fact that she's got the flame. It's a lovely mix and definitely adds some interest to it. Even if she's posing for a photo, it's better than just... standing there.

Accuracy - 3/5 - I know you asked if there was anythign to change, but honestly? I wasn't really wanting to affect the entry that much. I dunno if that would have been fair. ^ ^;;

But! While overall, quite accurate, there are a couple of small things.
1 - She could be a bit paler being dead. lol. I DO realise that could largely be chalked up to lighting though, which is why it isn't a huge deal.
2 - She tends to have pink streaks in her hair, and sadly the pink is lacking. Again, not a huge thing, but it is still a thing.

Overall Impression - 3/5 - Mid range because I'm not sure if this was something new or whatever for ya. ^ ^;;

Overall Effort - 4/5 - I know you can do stuff of this quality, I've looked through your dA, but at the same time, comparing this to the Volt art you've done (or even the previous piece of Desiree you've done for me) I can definitely see that there is more effort here.

Final Comments - I absolutely love the flames and face~<3 Her lips look so lush!

Saeyra (with Kaia):
Overall Interest - 3/5
Accuracy - 5/5
Overall Impression - 4/5
Overall Effort - 5/5
Comments: The image really pops. For such a subdued and subtle pose, it really has a depth to it that is amazing. While the pose itself is rather simple, the fact that she's wielding her fire really brings something to the image. Overall, quite good!

@DawnPainterz: | Sierra Gardner

Overall Interest - 4/5 - You captured the fact that she's dead and can float. That by default gets points. Lol. Beyond that, I do like how you did the pose too. It actually seems like there's more life to it than just there, since there IS movement in the image.

Accuracy - 3/5 - One big thing... her hair isn't pink ^ ^;; I know Octology gave her a very warm tone to her hair, but I did say pay more attention to the 'details' tab than the images. Sadly, the hair colour thing did knock a bit off =( sorry. The only other thing is that she's supposed to be a bit paler, but that's not a big deal. Easily identifiable as Sierra, so all good~<3 (I wouldn't even point 'em out if it weren't for the fact that this is an art contest and all ^ ^;;)

Overall Impression - 4/5 - You outright said you were trying something new with the hair, and it paid off. I do rather like the look of it.

Overall Effort - 4/5 - Considering I'm used to seeing Chibis from you, the fact that this is a 'proper' Fullbody counts.

Final Comments - Bby, you know I'll relish any art I can get from you. Thank you so much for entering~<3

dawnpainterz (with Sierra):
Overall Interest - 4/5
Accuracy - 4/5
Overall Impression - 4/5
Overall Effort - 5/5
Comments: That hair! Holy crap, that hair is sumptuous! And it flows amazingly! The pose looks decently dynamic, and her expression is definitely a focal point as well, looking rather irritated and ready to dish out her anger. Pretty darn good!

As a result, the winner is....
Honestly, a hard choice.
Both images are bloody gorgeous and I love 'em. Like... damn comes to mind.

@Colin: and I have been debating about this for the past week or so, and we've come to a decision earlier than expected. (Then again, with only two entries , it made it easy, lol)

So, without further ado... the winner of this (apparently, mini?) contest is....

Saerya.
You may have had some inaccuracies, but honestly, the overall quality and 'air' of the image take the cake.

(Sorry Dawn dX)

But!
Due to you two being the only entrants, the prizes have been altered.
Sae? You get 100k
Dawn? You get 75k.

Thanks for entering you too~<3
Trades incoming from my mule, Lunakiri.

Voltie — Princess Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/26 17:23:57 )

@Amber Lynne: @Colin: Oh thanks for the feedback you two! I am sorry I missed the pink streaks bit. It wouldn't be too hard to add it in if you would still like that. Thank you for the prize! I am so happy seeing her toyhouse updated. Checking your toyhouse and seeing my art there is one of my fave parts about making art for ya. But yeah seriously, minor edits like paler skin and streaks I can do easily so she is accurate for future artists.

Sorry not many people entered even though the prizes were huge (probably the biggest contest rewards to date). I honestly thought there would be more entries :vanora_sad:

@DawnPainterz: *shakes hand* Based on the scores it was a really close competition! I respect the fact you tackled the full body and really nailed the fluidity of motion, its something I hope to achieve one day as well.

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/26 22:17:36 )

@Saeyra: It was super close.
Honestly, I considered not giving first to either and calling it a draw. Lol.

And eh, I'd hoped a few others would join, but I got a couple of killer pieces, so I really can't complain =)

Plus I gots plenty of funds to bribe artists

But seriously, thank you~<3
And if you want to go tweak the image, you're certainly welcome to. I wouldn't stop ya.XD

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 02:22:00 )

@dawnpainterz: That's totally fair! You should always take chances, most certainly!
And holy hell her hair really pops with the more white! XD

I really do love both though~<3
And if either of you are offerin' art like that in the future here on Volt especially, I got plenty of volts to throw at you both. LOL.
(Hell, whenever I has the funds, I'll throw money at you both through paypal for more art. XD I need more for all my charas from both of you, lol)

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/28 20:09:42 )

Wow, that art is super amazing!
Someday I'll send you some art, I just didn't have the time for this contest. >.<

Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/28 21:21:08 )

@Lina: That's completely fair~<3
Life comes first ^ ^

Voltie — Princess Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/28 23:38:01 )

@Amber Lynne: Haha yeah I would have called it a draw as well and split the pot.

@dawnpainterz: I can't keep my hand steady enough for lines haha I envy all those who can do clean lineart, sometimes I have to do 2 or 3 passes to get it right.

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/29 00:07:03 )

@Saeyra: That's totally fair.
Also, thanks for the tweaks =)

Voltie — Princess Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/29 00:52:37 )

@Amber Lynne: No worries, you are welcome :) I also did notice I missed the part about a clip holding her bangs. It would have changed her hairstyle quite abit so maybe next time. Sorry!

Always ping me please.

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/29 00:58:03 )

@Saeyra: That's perfectly all right!
Details of that variety are take or leave, really.
Just because it's a common thing for a character, doesn't mean it's gotta be in every image.
~<3

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.