Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Snail Beauty Corner, sneauty, if you may

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/24 15:40:04 )
[Locked due to 6+ months of inactivity! If you'd like this thread unlocked to revive, bplease don't hesitate to PM a mod, or submit a support ticket. Thanks!]

Hello, hi, how are ya?

I've looked around and I have yet to find a beauty related thread around (if there is, feel free to link me to it!) so I thought I'd make my own to connect with other makeup/skin care lovers like myself! Obviously, the discussion doesn't have to be specifically beauty related, but I guess it is the general theme I'm going for in this hangout

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

♡ Come over and feel free to talk about ♡
+Favourite brands/products
+Influencers & gurus
+New launches & must-haves & wish-lists
+Products that disappointed you/didn't live up to your expectations
+Skin care & hair care
+Share looks you've done/you like
+Any other random topic you might have!

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/24 15:44:11 )
I should probably mention that the reason I was looking for this sort of topic is because I wanted to ask how do you guys use your empty packages/bottles? Do you throw them out or recycle them somehow?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/24 17:03:39 )

I am a nail polish addict.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/24 20:11:51 )

I love watching Tati’s videos. I feel like she is real and 99% drama free.
As for makeup I like using more natural brand like tarte, and ilia but I will also use conventional brands.
I also love skincare. I’m a bigger skincare person than makeup. I have super dry skin so I use an AHA cleanser to get off the flaky skin and then I go in with Shiseido Ultimune then whatever serum I feel like my skin needs then either drunk elephant sample I have or maybe Caudile. Supergoop SPF mositizer in the summer.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/24 20:28:28 )

@Totalanimefan: You are not talking about Tati Westbrook right?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/24 20:51:49 )

@vengeance: I am talking about Tati, do you not like her? Because the one thing with Charles (which was semi-recent) I've been watching her since 2012 and that's the first bit of drama I've ever seen from her.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/24 21:27:07 )

@Totalanimefan: Not just that.

People are claiming that in 2018 she made a biased review against a makeup brand she never liked to begin with. Then: When Halo Beauty launched in February 2018, some people criticized the brand for selling vitamin supplements, which many health experts have said are usually unnecessary at best and a scam at worst. Vitamins for your hair, nails, and skin are everywhere on Instagram. Don’t fall for them.. And she is/was friends with Jeffree Star. He once made a video, which appears to have been intended as comedy, where he talked about throwing battery acid on a black girl’s face to lighten her skin so that her foundation matches. He has repeatedly used the C-word to refer to women with whom he has feuded. There are entire compilation videos dedicated to the racist and sexist things that Star once said on camera.

Bottom line there is no reason to be friends with someone like that. We both wouldn't.

I am not coming after you. Just saying she isn't as great as she pretends she is.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/24 22:47:37 )

@vengeance: Multiple people including myself told her on Twitter when she started making video with him that he is bad news and a bad person. (cause he is and I really dislike him). I think she took the hint about that and kind of quietly distanced herself without there being a fallout because that guy is bad news drama. People that where her fans didn't watch the videos with him in it and it showed in the amount of views it would get but I suppose it Jeffery's fans watched it instead.
(Yeah I'm not angry, and at it end of the day I think it's ok if we have different opinions)

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/24 23:41:12 )
I remember being SO pro Tati once the whole dramageddon started, then as things developed I started disliking her a little, now I'm neutral towards her, don't really know how to feel about her or her videos anymore (her makeup line, however, I do wanna try out, not so much her vitamins (which some claim the drama was all a big scheme to boost sales? idk)
Tbh if there's one influencer(?) I trust is Rawbeautykristi, I feel like she really dishes it out how it is, I like her extensive reviews. As for Jeffree....I like the products but not the person, I feel like he's very toxic, (talented and entertaining, but very problematic).

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/25 00:26:03 )

@snail jpg: Yeah that's super fair. I would have loved to try her makeup too. Toxic is the perfect word to describe him.
What makeup and skincare products do you like to use? And why is it so much for good products T_T

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/25 00:39:38 )
@Totalanimefan:
Honestly if I'm looking for a drama-free influencer, Bretman Rock is my go-to tbh, I like how he stays in his lane and is mostly out of drama.
Skin care I use....well, taking the fact that I'm a student and I'm trying to be as cruelty-free as possible, so far I'm using Dear Klairs, Elf, Pixi, The ordinary, cosrx, and I used to use belif as well until I started school and it became too expensive for my budget...
Shiseido sounds like a very far fetched dream for me lmao

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/25 01:50:45 )

@snail jpg: I’ve never checked them out. Maybe i should.
those are great brands. What kind of makeup looks do you like to do? I hate how expensive Shiseido is but I only get the Ultimune once a year for my bday so it’s not that bad.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/30 22:48:23 )
@Totalanimefan: i love me a glam look but i can't do anything too crazy with my limited skills lol, i like reds and browns tbh or anything warm since it fits my skintone, hbu?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/1 01:25:15 )

@snail jpg: I love warm tones too! I feel like they are so inviting.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.