Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee New to here, not to avatar sites!

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 02:31:07 )
Hey all, Caro here. I used to go by the moniker "Maniac" on a few sites like Ernya and Crysandrea. Have been in the avatar site world for a while and saw this place had recently opened. Need a new place to call home since I have never recovered/found one since my Ernya days.

Hope I see some familiar faces and make new friends!

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 03:08:49 )
Hi there Caro! Welcome to Voltra. I think I remember your username from Ernya. :) I was Sam over there. Hopefully you're able to call this place home after posting around a bit. So far everyone's amazingly friendly and the site itself seems very promising. <3

Ping me so I don't ghost you by accident!
ART REQUEST

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 03:13:37 )
I definitely remember you. I'm glad you think it has promise. I'm looking to open an art shop to get the ball rolling on my side. :)

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 03:17:09 )
From Ernya as well but don't remember your username. But welcome here.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 06:44:20 )
Oh hello there. I know you from Ernya. How have you been? I'm glad to see so many names that I know from other sites join here. We can together make the best community. ^^

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 07:38:14 )
@Totalanimefan: Hey! I've been okay--haven't gotten back into a site since Ernya, but I'm glad I caught this place on the starting end. :) How have you been?

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 08:04:10 )
@Concentricity: Yeah I haven't really had a home since Ernya either. I've been doing well. I'm trying to get ahead in my career. I'm a temp so I'm just working lots of different jobs.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 09:42:27 )
@Totalanimefan: I went through that phase. Finally got to a place that took me full-time. Husband going to be starting work soon so that will be putting me back to part-time, but I can afford it at that point.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 09:53:06 )
@Concentricity: That's good for you guys ^^

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 09:55:12 )
@Totalanimefan: Yes, I am blessed, for sure! What else has been going on with you in the almost-two-years we've been without Ernya?

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 10:02:07 )
@Concentricity: Oh gosh it's been that long! But your right. It has been that long :( Um I live in California now and I'm not working retail so I'm happy about that. I don't know about Cali though because of the cost of living like My hubby and I can afford it but we will never be able to buy a house. But his job is really, really good.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 20:37:09 )
@Totalanimefan: I worked a retail job once and kept at it for about 10 months before I got out. The Christmas season is what did me in. ._.

It's good that your husband's job is good though. Cali is really expensive ... my husband had the opportunity for a job out there but we opted to stay in Atlanta just because of the cost of living.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 08:52:43 )
@Concentricity: I think that it's a good idea that you stayed. It is really expensive here. My one bedroom apartment is $2,800 a month

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 08:55:26 )
@Totalanimefan: That's insane!! Our apartment in the city of Atlanta is going to be $1,700 or so per month, but we're getting a lot more room than what we have now at $1,100 and way out of the city.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 08:57:33 )
@Concentricity: That's still a lot. Rent has got to give out soon because I don't know anyone who can afford rent if you use the rule of only 1/3 of your income goes to rent. Ours is about 40%

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 09:01:22 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, that's awful. Cali's cost of living really needs an adjustment. It's impossible for normal folks to live there like they can in other states no problem.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 09:16:00 )
@Concentricity: Yes it does, but I feel like it's not just Cali, everyone rent is going up by 10% a year and that's not normal!
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 21:30:02 )
@Totalanimefan: yeah, not good at all. I would agree. Wages are going to have to go up to compensate. I can't imagine the cost of literal SPACE has to go up 10%.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.