Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I got new markers. [Freebies].

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/5 22:11:57 )

The Queen Declares...

@Amber Lynne: I got them on Amazon and they ship fast.
I love them so far!

It is October, time to get spooky.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/5 22:14:26 )

@Queen of Trash: Fair fair~<3
If you ever want tips or whatever for using them (blending, paper, etc) feel free to ask! I'm more than willing to pass what I've learned over to another person ~<3

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/5 22:15:46 )

The Queen Declares...

@Amber Lynne: Oh blending and paper tips would be great! Right now I'm just using regular printer paper.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/5 22:21:32 )
@Queen of Trash: aw i am glad to hear yous liking them! i like how theyre standing out and nice colors on vengeance! c:

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/5 22:24:32 )

The Queen Declares...

@NEBULA: I really am liking them. Thank you <3

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/5 22:25:07 )

@Queen of Trash: Invest in a sketchbook. And I mean that quite seriously.
Bunch of images coming .

These are pics from the two sketchbooks I use (primarily) for markers. I have a third that I grabbed recently, but these are the two I use mostly
Strathmore Vision Mixed Media 98lb paper.
How marker looks
Back of the same page
Markers show up gorgeous on it, BUT you HAVE to put something behind the page. They WILL bleed through, as you can see.

Bee Paper Premium Recycled Sketch 70lb Paper
How marker looks
Back of the same page
It bleeds through, and I would still recommend having something behind, but this is just to show how different papers bleed differently.

Printer paper will likely be really bad for bleed through. So keep that in mind ^ ^;;
(My 140lb watercolour paper bleeds through too, for that matter. Although, to be fair, it's a super cheap watercolour paper, lol)

As for blending, start light, go darker. Overlap your colours, but be careful!
If you use too light a colour over a darker colour it WILL lift the colour a bit.

Also, the 'Colourless Blender' is useless. If you have one, you're better off tossing it, really.
It doesn't blend. It just lifts colour.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/5 22:34:16 )
@Queen of Trash: awesome! i cannot wait to see what more you do :3

@Amber Lynne: i really like the information! i want to draw too but i am more of a writer aha queens been getting me pumped up too

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/5 22:36:33 )

The Queen Declares...

@Amber Lynne: Thank you so much for all that info. I'm going to remember that and get some sketch books.

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/5 22:36:58 )

The Queen Declares...

@NEBULA: I'm doing a freebie for you. <3

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/5 22:40:36 )
@Queen of Trash: you are so sweet - i am so happy *u *

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/5 22:41:05 )

@NEBULA: Heh. I use my markers regularly, so I'm always happy to help people out with what I know!

@Queen of trash: Also, another thing.
If you look between the two I sent for how marker looks on the paper, compared to yours... the look on mine is a lot smoother, because the paper I'm using can actually handle it better than printer paper can.

Without enough support for it, I suppose, it won't look as lovely as it could be.
If that makes sense?
(I'm not trying to knock what you're doing, I've been there and a LOT of my early stuff is on printer paper! But the markers will play nicer with better paper.)

If either of you have any questions in the future regarding markers, lemme know. I'll answer anything I can~<3

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/5 22:47:38 )

The Queen Declares...

@NEBULA: You post with me like everywhere you deserve some art.

@Amber Lynne: You're making sense for sure. I just only have printer paper right now. I'll have my husband take me to get some sketchbooks when he has the day off.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/5 22:51:54 )
@Queen of Trash: ahh it is cuuute :3
thank yous

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/5 22:52:58 )

The Queen Declares...

@NEBULA: The hair is fun to do, since it has the 2 colors.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/5 23:12:33 )

@Queen of Trash: There are actual 'MARKER' sketchbooks, but I THINK they are largely pads. I would recommend a smaller wirebound book. which around here are .... $15 CAD or so. So probably what, like 10? 11? USD.

So not too bad. =)

(I use 8.5x5.5 books, if that matters. They're a good size fo rme, and it'd be better to go small than have a large page you don't put much on. Check what they have when you go though, of course~<3)

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/5 23:14:35 )

The Queen Declares...

@Amber Lynne: I'll see what they have at the craft store nearby, I have a coupon for the store too.

Also, I'm drawing you some art. It's a different style to the ones I drew Vengeance and Nebula because I felt it went well with your avatar/

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/5 23:19:24 )

@Queen of Trash: There's no need to art for me, but... I won't say no. XD

Also, here's hoping you can find something!
Although... worst case scnario, Amazon exists. LOL

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/5 23:23:54 )

The Queen Declares...

@Amber Lynne: I already started so you're getting it hahaha.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/5 23:31:48 )

@Queen of Trash: XD
That's... completely fair.
And I'm totally the same way

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/5 23:32:58 )

The Queen Declares...

@Amber Lynne: I finished. I hope you like it. It's the style I usually do and I thought your avatar fit.

I sell art.
I'm buying art.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.