Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Dark Crystal, anyone?

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 17:03:33 )
~~~~~:

Who’s watched it? Just finished the new series on Netflix and would love to chat about it!

Who is your favorite character? What clan do you feel like you’d be in and why?

Any thoughts you have are welcome here, and I’m happy to talk about the old 80s movie as well. :)
:~~~~~

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/28 18:17:09 )

"Huge fan but have not watched the show fully. I need time for myself to do that without feeling drained lol.... I will eventually. It took me awhile to watch Stranger Things. I am a huge fan of the movie and storyline. Even have the graphic novels."

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/28 21:10:14 )
~~~~~:

@MoonEevee: I definitely want to check out the graphic novels next. The world is so fascinating.

Voltie — Damned Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/2 00:13:50 )

My friends and I have been watching the new series, we still have about 3 or 4 more episodes of the first season.

This is pretty much my introduction to the franchise. I watched the original film which is also on Netflix not long ago but was a bit too distracted to follow it so will have to watch it again.

This is some intense shit for what is supposed to be a kid's franchise, it's practically the Holocaust with whimsical puppets but I'm loving it.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/2 00:36:43 )
@Rare: I was raised on the dark crystal and the labyrinth. so when this came out I was on the edge of my seat. me and the bf binged watched it in like two days. I want the next season so bad. and I just love practical effects so much.
Hup is my man. XD
"hup want die!" best line in the whole show.
tbh none of the clans. I know how well that turns out, but I like stone in the wood and the grottan. so it's a throw up between those two.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/2 18:30:17 )

I loooved The Dark Crystal as a kid. I’ve been using this username since well before the new series. My favorite character is obvious! Although, I guess it’s "characters" cause there’s a bunch of fizzgigs and I love them all. When the new series came out, I binged the whole thing in one sitting... not my proudest moment but I have no regrets.

Idk about the clans, I don’t know if I’d fit into any of them? But if I had to pick, it’d be either Grottan or the Dousan clan.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/2 22:59:03 )
~~~~~:

@Lucifer Morningstar: yes, it’s very dark and tragic for something “family-friendly”, though I definitely like that about it

@Acid: yes I love Hup! I grew up with the dark crystal as well and was definitely not disappointed with the way they handled the series.

@fizzgig: I love the Dousan. I hope we get to see more of them in the next season. I also like the Vaprans a lot too, even though most of them are pompous, Tavra and Brea are my faves

Voltie — Damned Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/3 21:50:17 )

@Rare:
Exactly the dark element is what is so compelling about it.
Personally, I find Deet, Brea and Hup the most endearing characters for how strong and convicted they are.

Voltie — Damned Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/5 04:48:44 )

My friends and I just finished it.
We hope there will be a second season though it's difficult to remember that these characters all have to die for this series to properly lead up to the film.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/6 14:15:08 )
~~~~~:

@Lucifer Morningstar: yeah that’s something I’ve been thinking about too... like how can there possibly be a happy ending. Unless maybe they do something with temporality/time travel. Who knows

Voltie — Damned Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 04:34:51 )

@Rare: Indeed. I do feel somewhat like in a whimsical world where trees can speak and being can visually share their memories, salvation is possible. Such as how they got away with temporarily killing off Mother Aghrah, a character who is unable to be killed off indefinitely since she's in the original film.

Just because you don't see me doesn't mean I'm not here. I'm a lurker.

Deals With the Devil

Donator — Divine Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/9 17:45:21 )

Im in love with the new netflix series Dark Crystal. Love the art and characters. The evil birds remind me of anunnaki

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.