Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing JUMP [Open for anyone to JUMP in at any point!]

Donator — Moo (She/Her) Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/16 04:59:19 )
🍬 π“Œπ’½π’Άπ“‰'π“ˆ π‘”π‘œπ‘œπ’Ή π“Œπ’½π’Άπ“‰'π“ˆ π“…π‘œπ“…π“…π’Ύπ“ƒ' 🍬
Aria's form faded in and out of planes of existence as the balance of every universe in existence quivered around her. Something big was happening, and it couldn't be good. People from all places and times were fading in and out of their times, reappearing at random points in time and space. For Aria, she fell out of her world what felt like decades ago, though her body had stopped aging the first time she phased through. Now, she knew what it felt like to lose her place in the universe and find it again somewhere new: a numb tingling, first in her fingertips and toes overtaking her limbs until it reached her chest, and then everything would go black. She didn't know if it was moments or millenia each time she lost herself, but so far she'd come back from every jump somewhere entirely foreign. It breaks a bitch and makes her stronger too.

This time, Aria's breath came flooding into her lungs in the middle of a bustling market place. She didn't know where or when she was, but all around her humanoid figures rushed about to what looked like market stalls selling everything from live creatures to bubbling liquids suspended in mid-air. While there was so so much she had never seen before, Aria was breathing easy at the sight of people that looked at least somewhat similar to herself. But her clothes looked nothing like the clothes of the figures around her, so quickly Aria scanned the stalls for a place selling clothes.

Voltie — Overlord Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/16 18:37:19 )

One moment, all that mattered was getting to London in time to see the new play The Gladiator. The next William felt like he was drowning, unable to suck in any air while the feeling of the fine leather saddle under him became less defined as if he had been ripped from the back of his horse while still holding tight to the creature.

What was really there and what wasn't was becoming less and less clear. Was this what death felt like? Had he fallen from his mount and struck his head killing him before he had even a moment to realize what had happened? His mind whirled in panic as he tried to think of a logical explanation to what was happening. A reason that wasn't just yelling out 'MAGIC' and be done with it.

Soon the lightly forested countryside of Britain faded away and was replaced with structures he had no hope of recognizing. His friends and family replaced with people in strange clothes. The two worlds faded in and out of focus until finally, William was able to suck in a much-needed breath.

He sat up from the ground and scrubbed his hands over his face. When had he laid down? He brushed his light brown hair back out of his face into its proper place before his brown eyes scanned his surroundings trying to make sense of this all. From the hustle and bustle and exchanging of what must have been currency this had to be a marketplace.

Just the structures and clothing were like nothing he had ever seen in his life. Not even mentioning how indecent everyone was dressed! These people clearly had no proper education! In this place, William's Victorian-style waistcoat, buttoned-up vest, high collared white shirt adorned with a lovely black and gold broach, and his matching riding trousers and boots made him stick out like a fly on a wedding cake.

This couldn't be real? He was a man of logic and reason, a man of science even but he could come up with no explanation of what had just happened to him.

All he could come up with was, he had either gone completely insane and this was all a fevered fantasy, or he had died and the afterlife was nothing like he had expected it to be.

William slowly got to his feet and tried to walk. He felt queasy and wobbly but he had managed to take a few steps before leaning on a wall. He then tried to wave down the closest person to him and when he finally got someone's attention he asked in a very thick and proper British accent.

"I am poked up to ask this but, would you be able to tell me where I am, I know it makes a stuffed bird laugh but I am absolutely and utterly lost."

Donator — Moo (She/Her) Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/17 05:54:26 )
🍬 π“Œπ’½π’Άπ“‰'π“ˆ π‘”π‘œπ‘œπ’Ή π“Œπ’½π’Άπ“‰'π“ˆ π“…π‘œπ“…π“…π’Ύπ“ƒ' 🍬

Essentially patterned purple harem pants and a loose purple bralette adorned with what looked like gold jewels on them - that’s what Aria was able to slip from the back shelves of a stall while it’s keeper was engaged with a boisterously round man. The last planet she was on was a dense jungle biome as far as Aria had ever traveled. She hadn’t seen a human like figure for years, and though the people here came with skin tones varying from familiar to vibrant, they still held a human shape with human voices (granted, speaking a language Aria was entirely unfamiliar with).

As she dressed in the cover of the stalls curtained backside, Aria’s eyes scanned around the other stalls. She hadn’t had much on her before the phase except the clothes on her back and the machete still tied to her hips, only barely visible before being tucked away inside her pant leg. Her clothes were probably too different from the fashion here to barter for any food, assuming there was a barter system in place at all here... then there was the language barrier, not know what was actually food and what was not, laws- uhg! Aria hated starting over, even if she had practice.

Just as she was squinting around to see if anyone was trading goods or if everyone was simply exchanging the same currency for goods, she heard something resembling English over the garble of the crowd! Her eyes, wide, flew to her left where she undoubtedly saw a human man inquiring with a copper toned merchant about his whereabouts.

“Oh my god,” she whispered, half from the adrenaline of seeing another human after what felt like a lifetime of living with aliens and half from the obvious fact that he was entirely and utterly lost. Light on her feet, Aria rushes over to him, side stepping and weaving through the come and go of people in the square.

When she found herself freckled face to face with him she almost didn’t know what to do next. The last human she saw was before she phased the very first time. It felt like decades ago. His skin, his eyes, his lips - everything was like hers.

And then she blinked the burning in her steel blue eyes away and smiled at the merchant who was now looking between them with a startled curiosity and speaking in a foreign tongue.

“Sorry, sorry,” Aria said, smiling and bowing her head several times, a gesture she hoped would translate when her words most certainly would not. “Not from here, travelers.” She backed away, grabbing the man’s arm as she went.

When she was a few steps away from the merchant and the merchant seemed content to go back to tending his wares, Aria dared look again at the human man she’d found. “Hey, lets go talk somewhere less crowded, yeah?”

Voltie — Overlord Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/17 19:36:50 )

The man who William had managed to catch the attention of quite obviously didn't understand him and the language the strange looking man spoke didn't even resemble any of the languages he did speak. As if to add to the confusion a woman appeared quite suddenly before him and the orange man as if she had ran to them. He couldn't think of why she would given that he didn't know who she was and shared the look of confusion the merchant gave her.

Then she began to speak English and claimed they were travelers before practically kidnapping him taking his arm. While it was true he had been traveling he wasn't sure how he felt about her seeming to claim responsibility of him. She was a stunning example of an Irish woman but the accent was like none he had ever heard. Her words nearly as strange as the gibberish the man had spoken when she finally stopped pulling him along and spoke to him directly.

"Not sure what straw has to do with anything, but I don't really think I have much of a choice in the matter other than to accompany you." He commented in a passive agressive agreement to go with her. He was flustered by everything at the moment. To top it all off a barely dressed woman was hauling him around like he was her child did not help his mood.

It was a little more than obvious that he was avoiding looking at her in much a way you would expect a gentlemen to avoid looking at a woman in her underwear. To make his case, to him, she was in just underwear. She wasn't wearing nearly enough layers to be publicly decent. Hell, he was traveling across the country in the middle of spring and he had three layers on himself.

Never the less, he followed the red-head woman. She was the only one who he understood anything they were saying and looked somewhat normal even if her clothing was more scandalous that what he would expect of a lady of the night.

Donator — Minya Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/18 05:19:53 )

The man's eyes glittered slightly, as he focused them on the unsuspecting socialite blonde that was merrily chattering away on his arm. He was more than ready to stop her babbling chatter after having endured it for the past several hours. What was it with women that could prattle about everything and nothing at the same time?

The french vampire pirate was not the most patient, even though he'd lived far longer than most..even after the phenomenon of uncontrolled time travel had begun. He'd been fortunate enough to have an ear for different languages and to usually be able to pick them up within a few days of being dropped in each new place.

He glanced around the garden where he had taken the young debutant to walk. The young woman's chaperone had paused to speak with another man, her face flushing slightly as she was engaged in conversation. He couldn't help but smirk. Finally! The older woman was distracted and he could make his move!

It didn't take much convincing on his part to get the young blonde to follow him to a more private area in the garden, out of sight from anyone else.
Saul clasped his hands around the woman's waist a bit more as he moved to press her up against the brick wall out of sight of her chaperone. He whispered in his charming french accent how he desired her and wanted her, making the woman blush profusely. Saul traced kisses down her neck, very much enjoying the soft moans and the steadily rising heartbeat. Saul licked over her neck and let his fangs drop as he moved in closer to her.

He barely scraped his teeth over her carotid artery and her fine porcelain skin when he felt the telltale numbness starting to sweep over him. Holding back his curses, Saul sank his teeth into her neck and swallowed down a mouthful of blood. He managed to lick over the small holes in her neck, the saliva making them close up after a few seconds. "Adieu mademoiselle, I must go," He murmured and used his glammer ability to wipe her thoughts before disappearing out of sight, using his quick speed to retreat from the very public garden.

He shuddered as his body was wracked by the unseen forces that propelled him from one plane to the next. The pain was far more excruciating than anything he'd ever gone through in his short life as a human, as the fabric of time around him shifted and folded around him. The sensation of falling, drowning and being split apart hit him all at once, causing him to black out momentarily.

Saul came to, cursing in the middle of a dusty, noisy marketplace. He stood up and wiped the dirt off his once pristine shirt and scowled. The voices around him were unfamiliar and strange, far different than any language he'd ever heard before. He glanced around, frowning even more when he realized that this plane was unlike any he'd encountered..and almost alien.

Cursing in French, he made his way through the market, swaggering proudly like the pirate he was. His eyebrows rose as he took in the strange clothes, wares and foods that were being sold. Just where the hell had he ended up?

Donator — Moo (She/Her) Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/19 06:43:17 )

She heard his voice behind her as they moved to the edge of the commotion, his accent so smooth you wouldn't believe it's not butter. A gentle heat rose to her face, though as she looked into the sky and noticed a total of three suns looming overhead, it was anyone's guess why her face might be flushed. At the square's edge a line of trees with upturned leaves encased the market and provided shade, and just beyond those looked like buildingsof varying heights made of a substance akin to clay made up the city.

The shade made it 10 degrees cooler, at least, but it still felt like there were three burning suns overhead. Aria turned now to face the man she had dragged away from the crowd and smiled. He had a handsome face, but lord only knew how he was managing under all his old timey Earth clothes. "I'm Aria," she said, looking up slightly when talking to him. "Born 1979 in the United States of America to Alfred Vanderbilt and Mary Margaret. That's where I'm from but it's nothing compared to where I've been. What about you?" She looked him over head to toe. Handsome as she thought initially, yes, but now that she's looking at him closer, he looked... soft, too. Back at the stall she suspected he'd never jumped before, but now looking at the gentle state of his skin, she felt all but confirmed of her suspicions.

At the same time, Aria noticed a motion from behind her new friend. Normally someone just walking wouldn't have caught her eye, but even just the vague sight from her peripheral stuck out horribly. Another one? she thought, taking in the sight of yet another man obviously entirely foreign to this place sauntering in their direction. He was looking around as he walked, likely not having noticed that the two of them were standing in his trajectory just yet. For someone so clearly dropped from another life, Aria couldn't help think he sure was walking through the crowd like he had confidence to spare. A seasoned jumper, maybe?

Her eyes flickered between the two men, astonished. Not another human in sight for god knows how long, and suddenly two? What were the odds?

Voltie — Overlord Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/19 14:49:40 )

When William noticed the multiple suns in the sky he was convinced of the idea he had gone mad. This was only furthered when the woman brought him to the edge of a wooded area and introduced herself claiming to be born one-hundred-plus years into the future. His eyes narrowed slightly at her finally looking at her face and only her face. He clearly didn't believe her.

"Do not try and sell me a dog! I know it is the year of our Lord 1831 the 8th of this fifth month of April. Though I guess anything can be plausible to the mind of a mad man. I am William Blackwater." He said indignantly obviously upset. He was starting to have the onset of a panic attack though he had never had one before so he was fully unaware.

"Oh Lord.... my poor Mother and sisters! I must be having a terrible fit and breaking their hearts... How could I fail them so completely in losing my sanity? When I finally come to I will be institutionalized and lobotomized....." He lamented no longer talking to Aria as his panic truly set in.

If he was truly insane and had lost all his mind then his sisters and mother were currently trying to take care of a rambling mad man. He knew seeing him like that would hurt them so badly. The other option was somehow this was real and if that was the case then his loved ones were worried sick looking for him.

He was beginning to hyperventilate as he covered his face with his hands, "I need to wake up, I can't leave them like this!" He said as he was quickly approaching the point that he would pass out from the combination of heatstroke and panic.

Donator — Minya Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/19 17:07:44 )

Saul was starting to sweat rather profusely from the overbearing heat and glanced up. He did a double-take at the sight of three suns. "Sacre bleu, one sun's demon heatwaves are enough." He muttered and wiped the sweat off of his brow.

"Who's to say I am not in hell now," He murmured shooting a look around at the oddly colored bodies, and the strange-looking people. Some of them had strange appendages or multiple eyes. Wait..that one had eyes on stalks. He couldn't help but shudder at the otherworldly strangeness around him. It was more than likely he was going to be stuck here for a while..and so far he was the only one that looked out of place in the hodgepodge world.

Saul's ears perked up at the sound of a feminine voice speaking English and he started looking around for the source. It took him a few seconds before he zeroed in on the woman and man standing under the shade of some trees just outside of the marketplace. It seemed strange that there would be two humans amidst the population of alien beings...unless they too were travelers.

Saul had encountered one other traveler before..but that had been ages ago. He reached up to undo the collar of his shirt as he approached the exquisite red head and the striking male specimen. Though they were still quite a distance from him, he could easily pick up on their words.

He couldn't help but shoot a grin at the woman when he noticed she was watching him. She looked far more comfortable in the loose fitting pants and top she was wearing. Though..the guy looked like he was going to pass out at any moment with all the layers he was wearing.

When Saul heard the other male's panicking tone he realized that this must be the man's first time as a traveler. He let out a sigh. It seemed like the best course of action would be to distract or shock the man out of his panicked state. The poor man would more than likely be worse off if Saul let him coontinue to suffer from his anxiety.

"Relax mate, ye don't need to freak out. It just takes a bit to get used to," Saul assured the man as he came to a stop in front of the man and grabbed the other's jacket collar and pulled him closer so they were face to face. "Ye are not asleep, and I shall prove it,"

Before the man could fight him off or object, Saul leaned in and kissed the man deeply on the lips. He hadn't really needed to be so forceful, but Saul wasn't the type to take things slow. He had imagined the man's lips would taste amazing and he was right. He let out a soft moan as he pulled away and released the other's shirt as he moved back and turned to look at the woman curiously.

"I'm Saul. What's your name beautiful?" He asked with a charming smile. Though he had heard her say it, he wasn't the type to just give away that he was more than human to strangers. He knew better than that. Most had trouble wrapping their minds around it..and he wasn't sure if he could trust either of these two just yet.

Donator — Moo (She/Her) Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 06:11:18 )

Panic attack. Not an uncommon reaction to falling through space and time for the first time, Aria thought, and not unlike her own reaction her first time. She didn't really know how to calm it, other than maybe try talking him through it, but she also wondered if maybe she should let him come to terms with the insanity of reality on his own. As she pondered this, she did glance again in the direction of the other man she noticed, only to find he had approached them rather quickly and would be in there midst in a moment's time! He was clearly yet another person plucked from out of their time and dropped here, so it only made sense that he'd make his way to them once he noticed them, but damn was he fast.

Aria tensed, hoping for the best but expecting the worst, and was a only briefly taken aback by the scene that proceeded to unfold. A few words of assurance in an accent Aria was drawn to and at the same time couldn't place, and then a sudden kiss square on the lips between the two men in front of her. Then, the audacious man turned a seductive smile on her and asked her name.

Aria's face, which had recomposed itself after only a second of surprise, was stone cold. "I'm armed," she said seriously, hooking her thumb into the elastic of the side of her pants and tugging it down just enough to draw attention to the handle of her machete strapped to her hips. Then, she shifted her weight from one foot to the other, hips swaying and a sly smile settling in on her lips as she continued, "I mean, Aria. Do you always attempt to solve other people's problems by assault? Because I find its sometimes best to just let them ride these things out, but it would appear you're method is offering something else to ride?" It had been so many years since she'd been able to speak this way with someone else so casually, but although she was out of practice, her quirked brow and hands planted firmly on her hips proved this sort of thing was like riding a bike. It all comes back, and boy did she miss what having fun felt like.
~Happy Pride Month~

Voltie — Overlord Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 17:17:00 )

The panic was taking over, but, before it could fully set in, a new face appeared. A man with a pleasant French accent who told him to relax. William would have just brushed the man off and continued like he was in a state of pure panic, but the man apparently had very different ideas. Surprise quickly replaced the panic in his mind as the Frenchmen seized his coat collar and pulled him in close before he claimed that he would prove this was real. He had no idea what the man was talking about for a moment.

That was when the stranger made his intentions clear as he closed the distance between their lips and kissed him! His face was doing its best impression of a tomato at this point as complete and total shock took over now. When the extremely bold man finally let go of his coat, William stumbled back into the tree behind him and stared at the two watching their exchange. His fingers touched his lips where the dark-skinned man, who introduced himself as Saul, had kissed him. He had never kissed anyone who wasn't family, certainly never on the lips, and most defiantly never a man.

It was made even worse when he heard Aria speak so inappropriately to the man. What was wrong with these people?! "You... You indecent degenerate! That is no way to treat another man! If I wasn't a pacifist, I would knock you a new one!" He half yelled before his eyes turned to the indecently dressed woman. "That is no way for a lady to speak indeed! Have neither of you received a proper education?" He asked exasperated before pushing himself off the tree. Well, he at least tried. The jump had taken a lot out of him, and now he was overheated and flustered as his victorian sensibilities were so violently shaken by the two strangers.

None of this was helped by the fact that this place was near-boiling hot, and the sweat beading down his face tried desperately to cool him down while dehydrating him. He was forced to balance himself against the tree once more. The only positive was that he was too distraught over having his first kiss stolen by a man and how indecent the two were to think about panicking. He pulled a handkerchief out from his pocket and wiped his face free of sweat as it began to sting his eyes.

Donator — Minya Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/27 18:24:12 )

Saul couldn't help but chuckle lightly at the woman's reply, his eyes following her movements closely. He'd missed having someone that called him out on his actions. He'd missed having a strong bold woman to contend with. He had a feeling as though Aria would keep him on his toes.

"A woman is always armed, though usually it's with her wit," Saul replied with a grin and let his gaze take in her full form. It was quite pleasing to look at a woman that wasn't ashamed of her body. After nearly a decade stuck in the Elizabethian era, her style of clothing was far more revealing than anything he'd seen in a long time.

"I don't normally no, I was going for the shock factor so he'd stop panicking."

Saul wasn't all that surprised by the man's yelling at him once he'd gotten his mind wrapped around what had happened. He fought the urge to laugh at the man's words, gods..this one was rather uptight. "I could have slapped you, but I'm more a lover than a fighter. So we have that in common. Well..that's not to say I don't fight. If I was attacked, or one of you threatened, I would defend you. I do have a question though..what year did you live in? Are you a Puritan or a quaker by chance?" He asked curiously.

Saul couldn't help but shake his head at the question about them havnig a proper education. "I Can't say that I was educated in any proper sense. Everything I know I learned from experience. Like how being overdressed in such high heat will make you overheat and pass out," He added pointedly as he watched the man wipe at his face. "Heat stroke can cause a lot of problems if you're not careful. We can't just sit out under these trees, we should probably make a plan of action. Figure out what to do next. What do you think Aria?"

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.