Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Acidic RP Search (1x1 long term hopefully)

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/7 11:38:07 )
I'm Acid and I would love to get back into RPing. I've been out of the game for quite a while and I'm rusty as all hell. But if you are willing to give me the time of day I'll try not to be too boring.

Acid’s Role-Playing Guidelines

these are pretty old and I'm not really frim on most of them anymore.

★ Pretty much any plot idea or concept is acceptable. We can make it work because I am a plot junkie.
★ Give me violence, I will eat it up like candy. (so long as it doesn't violate the terms of service. lol.)
★ Any and all sexualities are cool with me.
★ Angst and dark themes, almost all themes are okay.
★ Paragraphs.
★ Grammar.
★ Anthro and human characters.
★ I prefer to play male characters, but I can play female with no issues.
And I don't mind being multiple characters through the story, I enjoy it.
★ Equal Effort replies. My average reply length is 2 to 3 paragraphs.
(may come down to 1 paragraph if things are moving swiftly enough )
I’m very casual so once a day replies are ideal, but I happily welcome more or less than that. I don't mind inconstancy with posts. I know there are things to be taken care of on the flip side.
★ I'm super dyslexic. So you might get a loaf of beard instead of bread or entire anagrams such as saklen instead of ankles
★ I might archive our RP in a google doc. So let me know if that is okay.

I try to be flexible and can mostly adhere to your needs. But If there is problem please let me know! I’m pretty friendly and we can work it out or punch it out whichever works for you. haha.

Favorite settings and Genres:
Horror, Gothic, Cyberpunk, Science fiction, Apocalyptic, Steampunk, High fantasy, Superheroes.

Available Characters

I do Fandom Rps. I think having some common ground is nice.
( I can play canon characters and ocs in the world.)

Yes- ★
Extra Yes- ★★
Super Mega Ultra Yes- ★★★

★ South Park (aged up unless doing something plutonic, silly or cute.)
★★★ HOTLINE MIAMI
★★★ Star Trek
No more heroes
Tales game series
★★★Danganronpa
★★Happy Tree Friends
★Tokyo Ghoul
Homestuck
The Labyrinth
Fallout
Death Note (anime)
ElderScrolls
Resident Evil
Repo the genetic opera
Diablo
DramaticalMurder
Mononoke (tv)
Ace Attorney
★ Pokemon
I will add more to this list later on.

Also, I am open to any of your fandoms so long as I have some knowledge of it.

Donator — she, her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/9 02:35:39 )
@Acid: I just found your thread before I am headed off for the night, so I apologize if I don’t reply right away.

I am super interested in doing a horror/psychological role play - though I have ideas nothing is 100% concrete and would love to build off of each other’s ideas.

ABOUT ME
I am a semi-lit to literate role-player.
I can do fast paced and slow paced role-plays.
I work 4O-6O+ hours a week and use role-playing as unwind time.
I can do plots, I can wing it.
I am not opposed to playing either gender
I do tend to lean towards female OC's/Characters
I don’t mind playing multiple characters through out to help with story development
I don’t have current role-play samples but could dig some up if need be.

I like gothic/Victorian, horror, supernatural ( really into witchy things), other worldly, spirits; ect:

Some fandoms I enjoy:
Penny Dreadful
Kingdom Hospital
Jessica Jones
Noragami
Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/10 11:42:31 )
@Lithium: Oh, it's quite alright. I'm kinda slow replying myself. Mostly because I have to make a choice do want to use my art tablet or type with a keyboard. my USBs are messed up so I have to play musical ports. lol.

I'd love to give it a go. How about something with a serial killer? Or would you rather do something dealing more with the supernatural? I mean we could mix it up and try both. My gears a turning a bit now. Or we can try to do something kinda like Blair witch with the lost tapes and whatnot, that might be neat. Also, skinwalkers seem to be in style right now. Or maybe something with a school. I think I have something but I want to hear from you before I pitch it.

I do have one question though. What is Kingdom Hospital?

Donator — she, her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/11 19:05:20 )
@acid: I totally had to look up what a skin walker was, I must be so out of the loop!

I like the idea of a killer and a school setting, it kick started a few different scenarios in my head.

There are endless possibilities but the few I immediately thought of:

- Killer could be a vengeful spirit
- Spirits could be contacting the protagonists in order to put a stop to the serial killer.
- Spirits are haunting the serial killer and the serial killer is spiraling/getting sloppy and a duo of students seeking justice vow to solve the case.

We don’t even need to use spirits, it just popped into my head, lol.

Kingdom Hospital was a short tv series by Stephen King based off of a short story, I forget whom by but can totally look it up when I get home.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 18:24:35 )
@Lithium:
Sorry for the late reply, I got a stomach bug from my bf. He works retail and always brings home all kinds of sicknesses. >.<
Anyway, I'm better now and should be consistent until the next disease invades.

I live in the woods and they are something I wish I didn't know about.

Do we want to go with a high school setting or college? if we went with the lower grades we could be teachers.

I'm digging the vengeful spirit as the killer. It will be fun and a maybe even bit scooby doo or corpse party. lol.

Here is my pitch from before, if there are any elements or anything you like we can toss them in. or if not that's np.

So I had this idea of a sort of night school. all the classes are remedial and such. And it's always raining for no good reason. like it just always rains during these classes. the sky just wants to emphasize the suffering of being the school for any extra period of time. lol. Wet when you get there and wet when you leave. well that's not a problem for the most part. until one night it starts to flood. It's not bad, not at first. a bit flowing under the main doors. just enough to get the rubber on your shoes damp and it progressively worse and everybody evacuates. Well mostly everybody. (And I thought we could really play with the group numbers if you wanted to keep it just us and a killer/entity/monster/turkey sandwich. Or we could move with a small group and see how that goes.) So our characters are stuck alone in a wet school and they head for the exit but the doors are locked, when they really shouldn't be.
And a lot of other things are not quite right. Spare keys from the office are missing. the school's closed-circuit news is playing on re-peat and it is a loop of the emergency evacuation drill. And it just escalates from there.
when I first brewed it, I was thinking of there being a stalker-killer.

I took a look into it, seems neat. I'll probably give it a go when I'm done with my current binge of Angel.^^

Donator — she, her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/17 14:53:57 )
@acid:Oh no, I’m glad you feel better!
I used to work retail and there was always something going around.

I like the lock down at night school- though for some reason the college setting is grabbing me. Maybe start out with one or two together and then as everyone is looking for a way out they cross paths, thus forming a group? The group doesn’t have to be all students, I feel a professor or two would be caught up in the mix.

From there the group could dwindle or dissemble, some choosing to solo mission?

I really love the idea of the evacuation notice replaying. That immediately got my brain rolling.

I like the stalker-killer vibe, very much reminds me of scream.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/19 11:51:45 )
@Lithium: yea, I was just happy the worst of it passed pretty quickly. my poor bf was sick for a week longer than me.

Oh, let's go with collage then. Yea everybody coming together like that sounds like a plan, Oh having a profresser around will be fun.
"don't kill me! I just teach math!" "that's the only reason to kill you."
but do just want to have the full class or just some stragglers?

and I had a thought about our mains. I don't know how you feel about pre-arranged relationships, but I thought one of the inciting incidents could be that our characters were together and they just broke up, that morning or 15 minutes before flood time. it was probably my character's fault. but it's just a device for more tension. it's one thing to have people in a crisis trying to survive, it's another to have them also hating each other.

Yee! do tell I'm all about building an atmosphere or wait don't tell me we can flesh it out in the story. I'm getting excited now.

Let roll with that then! oh let's do! Would you like the honors of being the killer?

Ohhhhhh I can draw up floor plans for the school when the time comes anyway.

Donator — she, her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/20 17:45:06 )

@acid:

I’m absolutely loving this!

I have to be completely honest, I’ve never played that kinda role before, I’m not how it’d turn out. Lol.

I’m 100% down for our mains just having been broken up, that conflicting emotion is perfect to build off of.

I feel a few stragglers would be easier to work with, maybe it was an extra credit class during a break? To explain why there were a few attending?

I apologize for my sporadic reply, I picked up OT last night and I am dragging.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/22 22:01:00 )
@Lithium:
I know! I can't wait to jump in!!

Aww, that's okay! but if you want to try it I can help you. It's actually the kind of role I'm most comfortable with. But if you want me to play the villain, I totally will. xD

Sweet! lets see I'm not sure on how yet. cheating would be easiest but if you would rather try something else we can. I had a thought that break-up is something that happened off-screen (it doesn't have to happen off-screen. lol.) but is what attracted our stalker. then we could go with a jaded one night stand or a long time stalker taking advantage of the break-up.

Sounds good to me. so six total? our mains and the villain and few others for flavor? think 3 each will be good for our first round?

Oh, you are fine! I understand and you can take all the time you need, I'll be here. Since I guess I live here now. XD

And think I've got my main almost ready to roll out. I just need to draw him up. OuO

Donator — she, her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 02:03:05 )

@acid:

I am so down. I had a bit of an idea for a more complex break up scenario? If it makes sense, cheating can most deft play a part, but I feel like it could stemmed from a lack of engagement/ depression induced by loss - which drove one party to seek another for fulfillment while still trying to be there for the one that they love?

If that is too complex I can so tone it down, lol.

I agree off screen break up- would work well.

Six is a good number, would you prefer one professor for the bunch? I can take that role, unless you prefer it?

I have fleshed our most of my main, attempted to sketch her today. I’m super rusty!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/27 23:37:14 )
sorry, again for the late reply, I was getting my main's profile ready.

@Lithium: ohh that is perfect! we can totally play of that.
okay! off-screen it is.

oh I have a name for the college: Crescent Springs College.
(with the Silver Elk as the mascot.)
I've been playing with city generators all evening. lol.

You can have the professor and I think one will be fine. since we have a pretty small group.

aww that's alright. I'm sure they are wonderful. :3

here is mine, he has moles. ^^
And I have the full profile if you want to see, I just put his name and age in the pic.

and I'm excited to see your main, im just excited overall.

But I'm not sure what else we need to work out, I'm sure there is plenty but im drawing a blank. >.<

Donator — she, her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/30 16:06:36 )

@acid: I’m sorry! I worked this weekend and when I got home I crashed.

I love Bradden! I would love to see his profile.

Which leads to my next question, do you want a quick profile for each character? Or specifically the mains?

I was thinking maybe the class everyone was in was a mandatory class regardless of major so we could diversify the remainder of characters, get a bunch of skill sets, however ill fitting.

My only other thing would be how you’d like to set up the thread? Do you prefer a place to chat/ ooc or would you like to see how everything rolls out? I have no preference personally and I’m cool with any thing.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/1 23:37:27 )
@Lithium:
Aw, you are good!

okay! I'm more of a by-the-seat-of-my-pants kind of writer so it's just basic stuff.

Full Name: Bradden Nicolas Burner
Nickname: Brad
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Social Status: Middle class
Date of birth: 25th of March
Star sign: Aries
Sex: Male
Sexuality: Straight
Current residence: Crescent Springs.
Relationship status: ---
Hair: Black
Eyes: Green
Height: 6’2
Build: Average
Distinguishing features: He has moles littering his face and back.
Language spoken: English and some French, only because he took it in high school.
Tattoos: None
Piercings: None
Clothing/Style: He is a thrift store shopper. So whatever is the cheapest.
Key Possessions: His grandfather's pocket knife.
Occupation: Movie projectionist. it’s a fancy way of saying hey you, sweep up that popcorn.
Education: High school and currently enrolled in college. He majors in chemistry but is still barely scraping by.
Likes: chocolate wafers, pizza, raisin bread, playing chess and online video games.
Dislikes: feeling tired, forgetting things, loud music, slow drivers and watching films work took the joy out of it for him.
Fears: Drowning, bees/wasps, and getting lost.
(is extremely allergic to bees and assholes)
Personality: Pragmatist.
Sociability: Bradden is a bit standoffish and it makes him seem unfriendly.

Quick summary:
Bradden is quiet and observant and he has an aloofness to him. Though he isn’t a daydreamer since creative outlets always seem to escape him. He was brought up in a well to do neighborhood with both his parents (Derek and Jolie) and brother. (Bryan)

I would like to have quick profiles on hand. name and age and a minor detail or skill should be fine for the extras. the only profile I want to keep off the table is our villain just because I don't think I can work out a decent motive until we get into the meat and potatoes.

Yea that is what I was thinking too! so maybe a math or literature class or maybe even some kind of an elective. no matter what we pick they aren't going to get much work done. lol.

Well, we can just keep our OOC here, that's np. ^^
and if we end needing a separate place for chatting we can make one when the time comes.

Donator — she, her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/7 01:44:17 )

@acid: Super cool !
Thank you for your patience! My profile for my main should be done this evening.

Would you like me to start the thread?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/7 04:29:35 )
@Lithium: oh ty! ^^
Okie I can't wait to see it!

sure!! I am excited!!!! yeeeeeeee!

Donator — she, her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/8 21:53:13 )

@acid: Hey! I got the bare
Bones of the thread up, will update with images when able.

I have basic profile for minor characters and will post this ASAP.

Who would you like to post first?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/15 23:48:33 )
@Lithium: awesome!! and ty!!

and I'm all settled with my event now. thank goodness.

okay! I need to work on the minor characters profiles myself. I think I have an idea of who I want to make. I'm just not sure what kind of skill I want them to have. but it will come to me.

since you got the thread up will try to give us an almost decent opening. like I said it's been a while so you might have to bear with me on this. sorry if it ends up being shaky. >.<
but if it doesn't work out we can re-work it till it does!

Donator — she, her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/16 19:29:11 )
@acid: No worries!
I’m positive you’ll come up with a great opening!

I have a rough outline for the minors so far.

Also I can’t thank you enough for understanding my sporadic availability.

Donator — she, her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/30 22:23:01 )

@acid: It took me forever and I apologize! I put up small info about my minor characters. I wasn’t sure how detailed to get.

I will get my mains picture up hopefully tonight- trying to navigate it all with mobile.

Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/30 22:40:48 )
@Lithium: Awesome! I'll check it out! I need to put mine up too. And honestly, I'm the one who should apologize. I've been working on the same chunk of text for the past two weeks and I've been having problems really get things started. I think it's just been so long my creative writing skills have gone dormant. >.< But I'm going to try and get it up sometime tonight.
It might not be good but it will be something. XD

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.