Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing To Watch the World Burn

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/27 06:20:59 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

The midday sun shone down upon the quiet and sleepy suburb on the edge of the city. Nothing really happened in this area, and that was the way people liked it. Several modest houses dotted the zone, and most (if not all) of their properties had neatly kept and maintained lawns, with some gardens as well.

"....wow." a young male mumbled, looking around. "This place looks even nicer in the daylight." he commented.

He had blonde hair with blue streaks in it, as well as deep green eyes. His skin was a fair caucasian, and he stood a little shorter than most guys, at 5'7''. He looked to be younger, around the early '20s or so, and was dressed in a pair of faded jeans, white sneakers, a white undershirt, with a thin plaid loose shirt over it, front open. His face was cleanly shaven, and he looked like a man that definitely took care of himself.

He'd been in this area once before, but it was during the twilight hours. It was to see someone about an ad that he had seen in a local posting on a special site, accessible only by specific groups. Specifically, mages and mythical creatures.

He approached one of the modest dwellings, clutching a key in one of his hands, a backpack stuffed to the brim on his back, and a rolling suitcase behind him, stuffed as well, the handle in his other hand.

He smiled as he reached the door and used the key to open it, stepping inside.

"Hello!?" he called into the house.

"It's me, Cecil!" he said further, shutting the door behind him.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/27 06:51:28 )

When Cecil called out, he heard silence in return. It was something that was almost disconcerting, but at the same time wasn't anything too surprising. The woman he'd met with had told him outright that she was, overall, a very quiet individual. He'd also learned quite quickly with their first meeting that she wasn't the loudest person when speaking, but that wasn't to say that she was one that whispered. She was just one that spoke at a notably lower volume than others.

As he kicked off his shoes, she stepped into the room.

"Hello." She said with a soft smile.

"I'll help you get your things up to your room." She added after a moment before grabbing the offered packing. They made their way up and while she had given him a heads up on which room he'd be having (since the one that she'd had available when he was there a couple weeks ago to check the place out had been had extra stuff in it), but he hadn't actually SEEN the room yet. She directed him to the right door - which was right next to a closed door that he was told was her room - and unlocked it for him. When he opened the door, he saw that it was, very easily, the master bedroom.

"I don't need the space." She then said with a soft smile, as she brushed some of her long white hair off of her face.

"I hope this is satisfactory for you though." She added. "If it isn't, please let me know. There is another room in the basement if you would prefer? It's rather cold down there, though."

♯Cover me with snow \\ Freeze me to death \\ Forever I'll lay in the alpine bed♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/27 07:06:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Cecil's eyes widened a bit when he saw the room she was offering him.

"Ah..." he stammered.

"Ah... this... this is the master bedroom, yes?" he asked her.

She nodded in response.

"Satisfactory? This is well above and beyond what I need, or what I was expecting." he told her.

"Are you sure about this?" he asked.

"I know you said you don't need the space, but... I mean... as long as it's okay, and I'm not putting you out or anything." he then said, clearly sounding a little awkward, but obviously grateful.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/27 07:10:49 )

She just laughed lightly.

"Don't worry, it isn't a problem." She told him honestly.

"I'm not due back at work for a couple of days, mandatory time off due to some crap that happened. If you need or want help with anything, just ask." She commented as they made their way into the room, and she set what she had on the bed that was already in there.

"If there isn't anything at the moment, I'll leave you to it so you can set this room up as you may wish it to be."

♯Cover me with snow \\ Freeze me to death \\ Forever I'll lay in the alpine bed♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/27 07:32:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yes... yes, of course." Cecil replied.

"Thank you so very much." he told her.

With that, she left him to set up the room to his preferences, and he shut the door behind her.

"...well, then." he commented, his tone a little different now.

"This is perfect." he said.

"This should be the perfect place to be 'home base'."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/27 07:36:52 )

He hadn't asked for any help from her, just acquainting himself with the room quite well. He was alone for awhile, before he heard a knock on the door.

"Hey Cecil, I gotta head out for a bit." He heard from the lady that was letting him stay there.

"I'm going to head down to grab you a bedset. You have a preference for colour or anything?" She asked.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/27 08:02:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh, a bedset?" Cecil asked.

"Sure thing." he said.

"I mean, you don't have to, but it's greatly appreciated." he told her.

"And... I like dark colours." he then informed the woman. "Like, dark greens, maybe greys... I guess more earthy colours." he elaborated.

"Thank you." he then said.

"Already you're super nice to me." he chuckled lightly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/27 11:32:17 )

She just smiled, even though he couldn't see it through the door.

"Not a problem." She said simply before he heard her soft footseps walking away.

---

A few weeks later, she was standing on the roof of the building she worked out, her long white hair dancing in the breeze as she leaned against the railing up there. It wasn't unknown for her to head up there to get some fresh air when she wasn't actually needed within. She was usually at work, due to the chances of something happening that she would needed, so she made it a point to not skip many days (actually, none of them, to be honest), but when not needed, she was one that would often be on the roof, especialyl since she often worked overnight, and the sunsets and sunrises were absolutely beautiful for her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/27 21:33:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She was up there for a little bit, before she was joined by someone. It was one of the Unit's resident demons, Azazel. He had his ring on, suppressing his demonic appearance, but he still looked recognisable to those that worked there.

He looked over towards her, and smiled a little as he started to make his way over.

"Hey." he greeted her when he was close enough.

"Thought I might find you up here." he said.

"I just wanted to say that you seem a lot calmer and relaxed lately. I remember you said you were having a bit of stress with moving into and affording a new place. You find a workaround for that?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/27 23:05:18 )

She was silent for a moment before looking over to the one that had come to visit her.

"I'm easy to find." She commented with a light laugh.

"And hello Az." She added before looking back out over the world again.

"And yeah, I found a solution." She then said. "I decided to try a roommate situation." She knew he'd probably have something to say about that, considering what she was,

"And he moved in a couple weeks ago. Things have been good so far."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/27 23:45:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....for real?" Azazel asked.

"Yes." she replied.

"Wow." Azazel responded.

"I'm surprised, but.... well... pleasantly so." he said.

"I'm glad you found a roommate, a way to lighten your financial burden, and I'm glad you seem to be happier." he told her further.

"Does my demonic heart-like core good." he added with a small laugh.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/27 23:53:46 )

"It's definitely a good thing." She agreed with a nod.

"I'm surprised that I was able to find someone so quickly, too." She added before pausing a moment.

"Hasn't properly come up regarding what either of us are, though." She then admitted.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/28 00:18:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azazel was silent for a moment, seemingly thinking about that.

"Well... I mean, there's no real need to be TOO liberal with info, is there?" he asked.

"You put it out for mages and non-humans, so it's safe to say he's one of those." he reasoned.

"But I don't think you should have anything to hide, though." he added.

"You're the nicest banshee I know, Sierra." he told her honestly. "And while a lot would say that's not a high bar to clear, you certainly set the bar impossibly high for OTHER banshees." he said with a small smile.

"....that... probably sounded more awkward than I meant it..." he then mumbled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/28 01:46:27 )

Sierra just laughed lightly.

"I know." She commented. "Yes, that was awkward, but I completely understand what you are trying to say."

"And I completely agree, doesn't really need to be explored with them. Perhaps in the future, but not for the moment, at least." She added.

"what brings you up here, anyway?" She then asked, her voice curious as she looked over and met his gaze.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/28 02:05:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh, I got nothin' goin' on, and I wanted to come talk to you." Azazel replied.

"I've noticed you're a lot happier and more relaxed. Wanted to see what was up." he went on.

"Good to see you're doing well on your own, even if you needed to take on a roommate." he continued, sincerity more than evident in his tone.

"That's all." he told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/28 02:27:04 )

Sierra just laughed lightly.

"That's fair." She commented.

"And yeah, now that I have the roommate, well.... life has gotten easier. He's quite kind and whatnot." She added.

"Tends to take it upon himself to help out whenever he can. It's ... actually more than I expected."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/28 02:50:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well, that's excellent!" Azazel replied.

"You found a really conscientious roomie, it seems." he commented.

"They're rare to come by." he said further.

"Nice to see he's making things easier for you." he went on, continuing to smile as he stepped up beside her and looked out into the distance.

"....really pretty." he commented.

"It's easy to see why you like it up here."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/28 02:54:34 )

Sierra just chuckled when Azazel said what he did.

It's so peaceful up here. I'm actually a bit surprised that more people don't come up here."[/b] She commented.

"There could be something going on inside, and it doesn't reach here. I think Sharp has ti protected or enchanted or something. I'm not sure." She added

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/28 03:10:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I think so, too." Azazel replied.

"I've heard he's been toying with the idea of putting some things up here." he told her.

"Like a machine for drinks, some lawn chairs, you know, make this place more like a sort of secret break room area." he said further.

"Or a herb garden of sorts, for rare plants and such." he continued.

"But he's not surer." he went on.

"He knows this is like your own little personal safe space, so he might not touch it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/28 03:22:09 )

"He also knows I'm not the only one who comes up here." Sierra commented.

"I'm just the one up here most often." That much was true, as she was normally up there.

"It's just so peaceful, hard not to be pulled up here." She added with a light laugh

---

Some time later, she walked into her home and closed the door behind her.

"Hey Cecil!" She called, her voice having a bit of a sharp tone to it that was rather unpleaant to the ears - since Cecil had arrived a couplke weeks ago, she hadn't been one to worry about her volume quite as much as she used to.

"I got food!" She called, figuring he likely hadn't eaten yet. As she made her way into the kitchen, she set the take out on the counter and grabbed a dish for him. She didn't really eat, being dead, but she did like to grab for others sometimes.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.