Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — he/him/his Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 03:32:09 )

> apparently i'm late to the party but i just found out charahub shut down, taking all of my OCs along with it. luckily, of course, it wasn't the only place i stored my most important ones, but i'm still pretty upset about the ones that i did lose. i'm pretty sure i had an entire league of magical girls on there.

> the only other site i know that's like it is toyhouse, which requires an invite code qq

> anyone know of any other OC storing sites? i know online isn't the best place to store them as you run the risk of others stealing your ideas, but i also find that the sites can really help you to develop your characters.

> idk.

Donator — he/him/his Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 04:10:52 )

> @Bioshock: ahh yeah i get that. if you ever do get a code, i don't have much art skills but i'd like to think i'm pretty good at poetry, lol! yeah, a few people elsewhere have also suggested notebook.ai and it's honestly not bad!

Donator — he/him/his Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 05:23:18 )

> @Bioshock: i know! it's a little crazy. i've also gotten started on WorldAnvil, which is pretty cool because it isn't just for writing and OCs, you can also develop tabletop RPG campaigns on it

Donator — Whatever Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 05:40:29 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

F

I might be able to secure a toyhouse code or ten, I know someone with a bunch and they may be willing to share

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — he/him/his Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 05:42:06 )

> @Bioshock: right? i would love to try one. i was in the same boat, i had a few that just... never went anywhere. roll20 seems like it'd be fun if i had more willing online friends

> @Kitalpha Hart: i would seriously be so grateful if that's at all possible! it looks like a really nice site and community

Donator — Whatever Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 05:47:00 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@ukurtlele: sent them a message request, I don't know how active they are, so here's hoping they respond quickly with an affirmative

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — he/him/his Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/8 17:07:39 )

> @kiwi: weebly!! now theres a site i haven't used since childhood. that might actually work - i wanna make kind of a fake social network for my OCs!

> p.s. i'm in love with your avi. i love skeletons so much!! doot doot.

> thanks for at least thinking of me and checking to see if you had a spare! it means a lot!

Donator — they / he Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/10 12:53:57 )

@ukurtlele: Oh man, that's not good D:
I keep all my characters on ToyHouse (If you still need a code let me know, I'll get one to you since I have a ton sitting around unused) but I store their artwork on google drive, dropbox and at least 2 or 3 flashdrives XD I''d be so upset if I lost all of their stuff ; u ; I need to make a basic document of their info though so if something happens I don't have to retype all that too x.x

Donator — he/him/his Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/10 17:39:42 )

> @SamSpyroxis: thank u so much! but i actually messaged a bunch of random people on tumblr and i did get a code, yay!!! im so trash at art so i don't have any pics of like any ocs ^^;

<br>
tyson pixel by alexis! RIP tyson
<br>

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/10 18:30:51 )
November 2017 - February 2018
Oh goodness. I'm so sorry to hear about you losing your characters due to the Charahub shut down. I was actually considering starting one up, but I'm so glad I didn't honestly. Still, I do feel your pain as I would be really upset if anything happened to my characters. They're like my children.

I wish I knew of an alternative site for you, but unfortunately Toyhouse is the only other one I am familiar with and I don't have any codes so...

Donator — they / he Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/10 18:56:50 )

@ukurtlele: That's good to hear! I mostly do doodles of my characters, but majority of the artwork I've got for them is commissioned work ; u ;
Always @ me
DATHIGTwitter

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/10 21:53:44 )

Toyhouse codes are really easy to get tbh. If you haven't got one from someone here already, try Deviantart; there are people giving them away for free every day, and if you make a thread asking for one, you'll probably get a response very shortly. I think I got mine within a day or two of first hearing about the site. I don't remember if you can lurk the forums without joining or not, but there is a thread on TH where users with extra codes sometimes post them, as well.
As for other sites, a lot of people do use Weebly; it's free and has been around for a long time. Though I prefer TH because it's so easy to use and organize. I'm not aware of any others with a similar setup, but I'm sure they're out there. You could also use a regular art site (like Deviantart) and post your characters' art and profile information as submissions, since they have folders to help you organize things.

AKA Count Trashula

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.