Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Fairy-tale Inspired [RP SEARCH+ More inside]

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 01:11:56 )
The above was a horrible joke, but yeah. It sums up what this thread is all about right now. But, maybe I'll move on to more important bits you'd likely want to know. Or not. But I usually do.

Introduction:

I'm scribz! I'm a traditional and digital artist and a first-year uni student starting this September. I've roleplayed for so long that I tend to be a bit choosy about stories, but I just love having something to keep my creative side active when drawing starts to make my chest feel heavy. [Art burnout.]

About me as a Roleplayer:

I've roleplayed for a long time, so even if I seem tight-laced it's to make sure I find a partner [or partners] who will enjoy writing with me as much as I do them. I tend to write in third person past tense multi-paragraph. I can go from one fleshy paragraph to a novel. It depends upon my partner, but I won't do any roleplay where my reply is less than a paragraph. Quality over quantity but that comes with a certain expectation of having something to respond to. I don't do any pregnancy based roleplays, zombies, etc. And though I strive for long term, I am a student, I also have health issues and work. So I may drop off for a few weeks or a month then come back. In most cases, I try to give a warning. Sometimes things just happen. Either way, you can always ask for Discord to keep up with me OOC. But on good days, I strive to reply at least once a day, if not more. Feel free to nudge me if it's been a week or more, but know that once a day may not be average. Also, I play both male and female, and all gender pairings. But for simplicity's sake, plots will be written out with male/female indicated roles which can be switched based on your preferences.

Current Plot Cravings:

Based on a fairy-tale-ish short story I recently read; A young woman is born into a family where her older sister is beautiful, talented, and loved by all. But she isn't as beautiful, or as gifted, and because of the embarrassment of her, she is treated more like a servant than a daughter. In the royal family, the firstborn prince is born a monster. He's built a labyrinth where his parents kept him stashed away all his life while his younger brother, born beautiful and loved, is kept the shining face of the next royal generation. However, during a failing war with high taxation, the people began to grow angry. And as if that wasn't enough, the firstborn prince "escapes" his cage, and begins tormenting people's livestock and crops. Anyone who tried to stop him dies, and across a barren wasteland, in an enchanted forest, he's made his home, with piles of human bones with which he warns off any who try to come after him that he will kill them. With no one else willing to journey out, the royal family offers a reward for a peasant to willingly go to bargain with the beast. None come forward, even for all the jewels. But the Young woman, tired by her daily chores and demands from her family, is pushed by her grandmother to take up the mantle, with her parents agreeing. Despite her older sister's worries and protests, she is sent to bargain with a monster.

A place where i jot down ideas to form possible plots with later. Have cravings or ideas you want to develop? Shoot me a PM or reply here, and let's get this story started!

Voltie — Overlord Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/4 20:32:00 )

@Scribartz: I am shocked you haven't gotten any replies to this thread! I sure someone has at the very least pmed you!

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/13 23:09:03 )
@AshTheAlien: Lol. No, not really. But university has started so most of the time i hop in for idle chatter anyhow. Lol.
But thank you!

Voltie — Overlord Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/16 17:24:05 )

@Scribartz: If you ever want to scratch that rp itch let me know and I will invite you to my discord server! My rp group are all high literacy writters and we can always use fresh blood in the mix. We all have lives to0 so there are replies to games once every few weeks for some games. I mostly do group rp's and only do one on ones in discord. Am rambling now....

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/26 22:15:00 )
@AshTheAlien: Aweh, thank you for the invitation! I would love to join up with the discord, but I am looking to get an RP or two on the site to kinda have something to hop on and kinda plug into when I have some spare time. I also haven't really gotten on discord much except for when I game with my boyfriend or some friends. =P
Ping me for fast replies!
https://youtu.be/y4IF2WtkgtM

Voltie — Overlord Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/28 18:29:02 )

@Scribartz: I feel yeah, You should check out Jump, it has got a great premise as far as game and myself and a few other literate players are in it if you are interested.

https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7788 <--- the thread

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.