Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk [rant] remember: if you ever get seriously ill or injured...

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/18 21:58:30 )

...just walk it off!
Unless you have a few thousand dollars to spare for an ambulance ride, that is. I sure didn't, but hey, whaddaya gonna do? LOL. Life is great. Guess it's time to stop waiting for my doctors to sort out my fucking health problems and just get back to work regardless, because I can literally no longer afford to not be making money in the meantime. Gotta work yourself to death just so you can pay for the healthcare you'll need when you work yourself to death. Nice.
Seriously, I had to leave my job because stress was causing a disease flare-up that was making me unable to do said job and my medicine was no longer working. After waiting to get put on a new medicine, I had a reaction to said medicine and had to be taken to the ER. The five-minute trip from the infusion center to the hospital cost me nearly $1,200. And as I haven't been working for the past few months while waiting for my symptoms to get under control, I've been hemorrhaging money the entire time. This sure sped up the process, on top of my grandma now deciding to charge me rent--which was the whole reason I was staying with her, because I can't afford rent. BUT THAT'S OK, I'LL BE DEAD IN A FEW YEARS ANYWAY, I GUESS. Then none of it will matter. :^)

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/18 22:04:38 )

Sorry you hear to you have to deal with all these problems.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/18 22:07:14 )

I hope you surive and things get better. I also hope i don't land in the same position with my health problems in the future.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/18 22:12:33 )

@vengeance: aye, the part that really bothers me is that I can expect to deal with this for the rest of my life. So unless I become rich or healthcare changes drastically, both of which seem very unlikely, I guess I better just get used to big ol' bills every so often.

@Monorea: I'm "fine" for now, at least, but I feel like stress is gonna kill me one day if life doesn't get better. I just don't know what to do about it. I hope you don't end up in the same boat, too! It's not a fun place to be. Best advice to anyone with health problems is to have a good support network.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/18 22:15:12 )

@Uncledaddy: Win the lottery and move to a differnt country!
And do not try to stress yourself!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/18 22:16:13 )

@Uncledaddy: I have aspergers so i get access to a lot of services like having someone else manage applications and economy but having something considered a disability+phobias+bad health+can't deal with stress is an extremely unattractive position on the job market.
Support network?

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/18 22:29:21 )

@vengeance: kinda sad that all 3 of those things seem equally impossible ;v; Though the healthcare situation here makes "move to a different country" increasingly appealing...

@Monorea: That sounds really rough, but it's good you have someone to help you handle it all. And yeah, a support network of people you can trust (friends, family, etc) to be there for you, listen and understand what you're going through, and help you out when possible. I think that's absolutely vital for most people, but especially when we have health issues that make life more difficult.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/18 22:32:22 )

@Uncledaddy: Here in our country everyone is forced to have an healthcare insurance. This way healthcare stays affordable. However we have an increase of people who cannot afford to pay around $110 a month for it.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/18 22:50:17 )

@Uncledaddy: Yeah mostly just have my mom and the person that takes care of my finaces and applications for support. We are a big family so my mom is rather busy between all of us and the one that manages my stuff don't do much more than a little advice and peptalk.
I could go to a curator and have that person listen to me for a bit but that is not the same as talking with someone you trust. I do hope i can expand my support network in the future but it is hard keeping in contact with people long enough for them to care about you when the contacting and maintaining relationship part just don't exist naturally in my brain.

Do you have a good support network?

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/19 04:27:53 )

@Uncledaddy: the thing that I hate most about America is the story that you described. It’s disgusting that you have to go through all of this shit.

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/19 13:56:56 )
I can relate: They took my already dead father away in an ambulance, tried to revive him anyway, and the bill afterward was so ridiculous. They didn't even want to hear that we couldn't pay them with our only working family member being deceased. I hate capitalism.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — Bunnies! Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 13:26:22 )
@Uncledaddy: holy cows, that sucks. I mean, our words cannot express your situation I'm sure but I hope you can hang in there.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 00:50:32 )

@vengeance: Yeah.. I don't like the idea of being forced to pay for insurance tbh, not that I could live without insurance anyway.

@Monorea: Not really. I've got one or two friends who live far away that I can talk to online most days, but that's pretty much it.

@Totalanimefan: The state of our health care is like something out of a future dystopia novel tbh

@Glume: Jesus, that's awful. Sorry you had to deal with that; the lack of compassion is just gross.

@eliechan: Aye, I'm trying.

Thanks everybody for your replies. I'm back to sending out job applications; guess I'll just have to hope my health gets better instead of worse, 'cause I need the money.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 04:41:14 )

@Uncledaddy: honestly it really is. It’s disgusting

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 19:30:29 )

just got a rejection letter from the store I applied to. It's a freaking retail store; how picky can they be? I have over 3 years experience in retail. Surely that's more than the teenagers they usually hire. I'd love to know what the hell I did wrong, but the letter specified that it wouldn't tell me. Great.

AKA Count Trashula

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.