Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries ~Lau's Art Gallery~

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 08:02:23 )

hi there! stopping by to say your art is adorable! and your purple gorl is very cute <3 did you just finish it tonight?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 08:05:04 )

@Laufeia: oops forgot to ping ^^'

Donator — Trashboat Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 08:37:33 )
@ephenay: well thank you! :3 yas I just finished it! ^_^ took me a couple days though. xD

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 08:42:55 )

@Laufeia: that's pretty fast imo! usually takes me around 1-2 weeks.

Donator — Trashboat Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 08:46:23 )
@ephenay: yeah most things normally take me that long if I’m doing full color. But I’m not too good at that yet I don’t think. On average stuff usually takes me longer :P that’s why I like using single colors. I’m not used to coloring! >_<
You gonna make an art gallery? :o

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 09:03:33 )

@Laufeia: i totally feel the same way. when you get into it, time just ceases to exist. coloring being the longest part, of course. least to me. finding the right colors too, i get an issue with. sometimes i say screw it and look up some palettes online XD
i was thinking of making one, but it's been a while since i've finished anything. also i'm a bit shy with my stuff

Donator — Trashboat Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 19:22:50 )
@ephenay: yeah! I get so focused and if I have a clear picture in my head it goes pretty smooth. Finding the right colors is hard! I will go through Instagram looking for inspiration and at all the colors people use. I just recently started drawing again because my health is meh a lot. I really want to get better though. I feel you about being shy about your art. It feels weird sharing mine with the world because I'm not completely confident with it. I'll start at it and then hate it after a while. xD but im really trying to motivate myself to draw more.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 20:25:09 )

@Laufeia: aww man, i'm sorry to hear about your health. that sucks, but good thing you're drawing again. it's a nice outlet to have in that situation! joining the site and seeing all the artwork from people really inspires me to draw again, yours included. plus, it's a bunch of fun! i haven't been doing much lately cus i've sorta been in a rut of my own, but yeah.. really thinkin about it. when you see yourself build up a portfolio and try new things, it's easier to see the improvement, even if you aren't entirely fond of the piece. even little things like the monochrome piece you did recently goes a long way in the long run ^-^
i just hate setting myself up for failure, but on the other hand.. what's there to lose? yeeeaah, i may be overthinking it a bit lmao

Donator — Trashboat Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 21:33:03 )
@ephenay: hey yeah i get so focused on art I forget about everything else. It is a wonderful outlet :3
I think I am improving slowly! Part of it is getting used to how to use my drawing app because they're kinda complicated x.x
I think you should go for it when you're feeling up to it~ ^^ I enjoy seeing all the different styles from everyone here as well. I agree it is very inspiring. ~ didnt think I would be an inspiration to anyone heh >_< you are too kind

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/22 22:06:02 )

@Laufeia: how you could you not be? your art is very clean and cute! i aim to be that neat with my art, my problem is that i'm messy to the point i've avoided lineart for many, many years XD in the more recent years i've started to try my hand at it and well.. it's okay ^-^' using art programs seem complicated, that's why i kinda steer away from photoshop even though i know it's a great tool. think i might be too used to painttool sai, heh. what program do you use?

Donator — Trashboat Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/23 00:27:08 )
@ephenay: well.. it takes forever to make it look that neat though. I don’t blame you. It is much easier just using a pencil ^^ Takes forever to sketch it and then redraw over it neatly. Really annoying sometimes. <_<
But I use Medibang :3 it’s awesome! ^^

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/23 00:41:02 )

@Laufeia: yeah, looks like a bit more work and dedication, but it really pays off~ Medibang? hmm, i think this is my first time hearing about it. what do you like about it the most? :o

Donator — Trashboat Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/23 01:07:19 )
@ephenay: I like the design and it has everything I need, at least to my knowledge xD It has a cool feature for making your own comics too :3 saving is easy~ plus the name is just fun to say~ lol
I haven’t tried anything else really since I’ve gotten it because I’m so used to it now.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/23 01:33:37 )

@Laufeia: haha, if someone ever said medibang to me, the last thing i'd envision it be would be for making art lol that's really cool tho! especially the comics feature. ever think you'll use it ? XD

Donator — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/23 01:34:59 )
Your stuff is CUTE!!

Donator — Trashboat Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/23 02:07:01 )
@ephenay: lol it is a weird name >_> that’s what made me click on it though, so they’re doing something right. xD eventually I do want to use it. Sometimes I have these scenes going on in my head. Lol

@Loopawn: heh well thank you~ I’m not familiar with the fandom you’re referencing I n your art thread but i peeked at your stuff as well and it’s very good, clean art!! ^_^~

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/23 02:31:42 )
I really love the first one and the panda.

[Quests][Store]

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/23 02:45:57 )

@Laufeia: i feel that, man, i feel it. if you ever mess around with it, you should post it here so i can see ;)

Donator — Trashboat Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/23 05:00:48 )
@ephenay: of course :3 it kinda scares me bc ive never tried to draw the same character twice. Lol. x_X

@Kira: hehe thanks Dear~ Mr Panda loves you too. xD

Shop | Hangout | Quest

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/23 06:21:19 )

@Laufeia: ahh. well there's a new thing to try maybe~ i think what might help is to draw a character you truly enjoy

banner by Ruby ❤️

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.