Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing [1x1 Closed] St.Lavern's School of the Supernatural

Donator — they/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 22:14:51 )
Staff Memo:
This thread was locked due to inactivity, if you wish to unlock your thread please issue a ticket. Instructions to unlock thread found here.

w/ @QueenOfTrash

BRIEF CHARACTER SUMMARY:
Mikhail Delouche is a vampire at the age of eighteen. He's calm by nature, more prone to rolling his eyes and sighing at an inconvenient situation versus impulsive violence as a response. Though he isn't necessarily a loner, he is introverted enough to find solitude comforting. He's a bit on the weaker side when it comes to vampires. It's a self-inflicted weakness, due to his diet of animal blood versus human blood. It both means that his strength and healing are slower and that his thrall is weaker when compared to others of his kind who have the 'proper' diet.

MONDAY MORNING, 8:00 AM. A tall obsidian building should have stood out against the general architecture of a bustling, modern city. Surely it would have, if not for the glamour masking it from the humans who would be driven by curiosity to wander into and taint the sanctuary for the supernatural. St.Laverns was a protective ground first and a school second, not that the extensive examination process every student underwent would make such a thing obvious.

The chime of the bell signified yet another year filled with a menagerie of species dashing down the hallways to avoid being late to their first class. Mikhail just heaved out a sigh and slammed his locker door shut, taking a moment to sling his backpack over his shoulder before making his own way to class. He seemed to arrive just in the nick of time, the late bell ringing just as he stepped through the door. The vampire offered the teacher and his fellow student body a disinterested glance before taking a seat at the first available desk he noticed.

Demonology. Wonderful.

As the teacher clapped their hands together to begin the lesson, Mikhail's plucked a white coloured earbud out of his ear and bent down to rummage through his bag, realizing then and there that he'd stupidly grabbed the wrong textbook. Groaning, he looked around his general vicinity to see if any of his neighbours at least seemed decently tolerable enough to ask for assistant. Who was he kidding, none of them seemed friendly enough.

Well, so much for starting the year off on the right foot.

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 22:48:53 )
CHARACTER SUMMARY
Ariel Valentine
is a witch, aged 18. She's charismatic and a little sarcastic. She's an introverted extrovert; she loves to be with people she knows but gets tired easily. Even though she's known she's a witch since she was young her powers are still on the weaker side. She knows little spells here and there, enough to get her by.
….
Ariel takes some books out of her locker and shoves them into her bag. The first class of the year starts soon and she's a little nervous. She heard there are new students that transferred here from a school like this one that got shut down. She opens the folder that holds her schedule, "room 118, Demonology." Perfect. "This should be interesting," she mutters to herself as she makes her way down the hallway.
She walks into the classroom and drops her bag next to a desk as she sits down. The teacher is hanging out in his seat in the front of the room. Students are filing in and filling up the desks, the seat next to her still open. The bell rings, guess I'll be sitting alone. Someone walks in after the bell rings and sits down next to her. She looks up at the teacher as he claps his hands together to get their attention.

(I hope you don't mind, I'm better at present tense so I went that way).

Donator — they/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 23:55:20 )
Instruction passed through one ear and left the other, Mikhail himself only somewhat aware of the classes' proceedings. Instead of paying attention was one probably should have done, he took to glancing out a window and letting his mind wander. His thoughts were considerably inconsistent, the visions behind his eyes leaving him in a place both plagued by memory and fantasy. Had he been paying attention, he may have been privy to the reason students were excitedly motioning towards the absolutely oblivious vampire.

A reason that could very well be the teacher all but standing at his desk with a look of displeasure on his face.

Mikhail caught on a moment too late, glancing to the side only for his gaze to meet the teacher's. He opened and closed his mouth, various excuses on his tongue before the teacher simply heaved out a sigh and turned towards the girl seated next to the vampire. "Ms.Valentine." The teacher greeted. "Would you be kind enough to let Mr.Delouche share textbook with you?" He asked, though his tone of voice conveyed it was less a question and more a command.

All Mikhail could do was grimace as the teacher walked away. As much as he wanted to give the man the finger and move on with his life, he had to admit it was partially his fault he was called out. Huffing, he turned towards the female he'd unconsciously taken a seat by, offering a sheepish smile.

"Er, sorry about this.. I promise I won't be too much of a bother." He assured as he rubbed the back of his neck.
( No worries at all! )

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/4 00:07:16 )
Ariel sits there following along in her book as the teacher lectured. It wasn't as interesting as she hoped it would be but it wasn't completely boring. So far it was only stuff directly in the book he was teaching, she hopes that eventually there will be more to it than just out of the book. She could just read the book on her own, there would be no need for a teacher then. The teacher's attention shifted to the boy sitting next to her; she noticed he didn't have his book. The whole class was staring at him but it was like he didn't notice at all. When the teacher finally gets his attention everyone stares, waiting to see what will happen next.

"Yes Sir," she says after she's told to share the book with the boy next to her. She carefully pushes the book so it's between them. "It's alright, I'm Ariel, by the way," she says with a little smile.

The teacher returns to his lecture. Ariel shifts her attention back to the book.

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/4 00:16:34 )
(It's been a few years since my last roleplay so I'm a little rusty, I'll get into it and I'll be better, I promise hahaha).

Donator — they/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/4 01:07:19 )
The embarrassment from being called out in front of the entirety of the class truly had yet to subside, but Mikhail did his best to keep his frazzled state behind a disinterested facade. The ease came with years of practise, but it wouldn't fully stop him from fidgeting uncomfortably. Still, he couldn't sit still on a good day so it wasn't as though he was acting out of the ordinary at all. He tried to keep his focus on the textbook and the board but kept finding himself glancing over to... Ariel, was it?

"You know," He commented during a lull in the lesson, propping his head up with his elbow. "I thought a 'demonology' class would be more hands on. Summoning and all that nonsense." Mikhail glanced down at the textbook. "...Or at least that we'd be studying a codex versus a text book."

Mikhail sat up properly then, offering a smile. "Eh, still. It's nice to meet you, Ariel. I'm Mikhail."

Donator — they/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/4 01:07:45 )
( You're doing just fine! Don't be mean to yourself. )

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/4 01:19:09 )
She could tell he was still embarrassed by the way he kept shifting in his chair. Other probably didn't notice because they weren't close enough to see all of his mannerisms. "I was thinking the same thing," she mumbled to him when he mumbled his comment about demonology. She knew he probably didn't mean for her to hear it but she did anyway. "Like why a textbook?" she turns the page.

"It's nice to meet you too," she smiles back at him. Maybe I just made a new friend she thinks to herself. He seems like he could be a nice guy to hangout with. She finds herself zoning in and out as the lesson goes on. Trying to pay attention enough that the teacher doesn't call her out on it. He continues to read out of the book, sometimes taking the time to add new information as he lectures. Ariel scribbles on a piece of paper, pretending to be taking notes as she watches him.

(Thank you haha).

Donator — they/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/5 15:50:02 )
( I'M SO SORRY I HAVEN'T REPLIED YET. ; - ; I randomly got stupid busy. I'll reply after work! If not at lunch. )

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/5 18:06:52 )
(That's okay, take your time).

Donator — they/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/9 15:28:37 )
( Absolute sobbing, I am so sorry I just had four graduations to go to these last couple of days. )

Donator — they/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/9 15:39:01 )
He was startled out of his thoughts when his comments received an actual reply. Rather than being upset about it, however, it made his kind smile shift to a much more amused grin. He hid it with the back of his hand, though it was more than obvious he found something 'funny' given the crinkle in his eyes. Mikhail was truly just relieved he hadn't received harsh words for talking in the middle of class. It wouldn't have been the first time after all. For the sake (more so) of his new acquaintance rather than his own sake, he made something of an effort to pay attention to the teacher's musings. By the end of his latest 'rant', the open page of the vampire's notebook was filled with many more facts than it usually would have been.

Mikhail let out a yawn and stretched his arms over his head, glancing at the clock. '3, 2, 1. . .' He counted down mentally, sighing in relief when finally they were freed from their professor's droning by the bell. For a 'supernatural' school, it frankly wasn't much different than his short-lived time in more human climates in his (not-so) humble opinion.

The professor clapped his hands together and motioned to the board where their homework assignment was written, but otherwise he seemed to develop a mental disconnect from the students as he made his way to his desk and pulled out a book. Mikhail couldn't say he either blamed the man or minded about it. He stood up and packed his things up before clinging his backpack over his shoulder. His steps began to carry him towards the door before he faltered, glancing back at Ariel curiously. She was perhaps the friendliest person he'd come across so far.

It wouldn't... hurt to hangout with someone for a change.

"Oi, Valentine." He called out. "Where are you headed to? It should be free period for most people."

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/10 20:46:01 )
She giggles a little at how thrown he seems that she actually replied to his comments. She knew he wasn't expecting a reply but she couldn't help it, it had been exactly what she was thinking at the time as well. Her page fills up with notes and doodles as she keeps watching the professor. It's taking a lot of what she has to stop from falling asleep. It being the first class of the day it's pretty early. Luckily, the class is almost over and she keeps looking up at the clock.
The bell finally rings and she starts to shove her stuff into her bag. Mikhail was up out of his seat right when the bell rang, she didn't even have time to say anything. She shook it off and just shoved her book and notebook into her bag.
As she stood up she heard him come back into the room and ask her a question. "I have free period, I was going to go to the courtyard and hangout. Maybe get this stupid homework out of the way. What about you?"

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/10 20:48:37 )
(Also, don't worry. I don't mind waiting. I get that stuff comes up).
I sell art.
I'm buying art.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.